03-16-09 11:09 AM
52 123
tools
    If you want to talk about the color depth, that's wholly different from the resolution of the display. I won't deny that the color depth has been reduced, but I will also decline to spend a great deal of time speculating on the reasons for this, because it is a waste of time with our limited (read: none) info on RIM's reasons for this change.
    Since I've always enjoyed specualtion, part of me wonders if the color depth issue is intentional on RIM's part. Not so much as to fix anything but to brand Developmental OSs and they will add the color depth back in when they have code that is ready to be released to the public.
    03-16-09 10:48 AM
    Since I've always enjoyed specualtion, part of me wonders if the color depth issue is intentional on RIM's part. Not so much as to fix anything but to brand Developmental OSs and they will add the color depth back in when they have code that is ready to be released to the public.
    I suppose it's possible, but it seems a little unlikely. Though, based on my own limited experience in software development, I know sometimes you comment out big blocks of code while you're testing other stuff. There are a number of reasons why the reduced color depth could be present, but without RIM breaking its traditional stoicism, your idea is probably every bit as valid as everyone else's at this point... Well, except some of the waaaaaaay out there ones maybe.
    03-16-09 11:09 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD