still on my original from launch day. running like a champ. must have just got lucky
    03-11-09 09:38 PM
    I just got mine a little over a week ago. It's absolutely perfect. Running .109 and loving it. BTW...this is my first blackberry and upgrading was easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 09:54 PM
    i got mine yesterday and am running .75 for now, but it seems wayfaster..maybe ill try the leak again, but this seems way faster
    03-20-09 10:49 AM
    I got a new replacement last week and it seems alot better. I had a lot of dust under my screen.

The new one:
    *Made 2/23/09
    *screen seems bigger, like I mean less gaps on side and seems like less light bleed.
    *screen feels more responsive and feels like the click is "stronger" I dunno how to explain it

Running bbcrackman hybrid .114 now and runs fast, seems battery drain is bad but other then that, its running good
    03-20-09 11:12 AM
    Don't encourage someone to replace there phone if it is already working fine! They could end up with one that doesn't and that also drives your costs up as VZW has to deal with all that somehow.
    03-20-09 11:15 AM
    I called into customer service and had them transfer me to Verizon's technical support department and of course being in a phone sales job myself I easily talked them into sending me a replacement phone and I will say WOW, this device feels a LOT more solid all around than my old one. My old one was about a week after the Storm came out, I already used the Torx T3 or whatever the tool is to loosen the screws on the backside of the phone which tremendously helped my typing on the phone.

But overall the newer Storms I'm extremely impressed! And of course I started right off with .114 OS with the .109 keyboard file, lol.
    Dude no offense but I am NOT in phone sales and I easily got the tech support to send me a new phone after being on the line with them for 10 minutes. It's not really that big of a deal. However, my phone had an actual issue. It seems a little unethical to return a perfectly-good working model. It is a waste of everyone's time I think.
    03-20-09 11:31 AM
    i jsut got my telus swap unit in and it works MUCH better, the receiption in my basement is also a huge increase
    03-21-09 01:28 PM
    I got a new replacement last week and it seems alot better. I had a lot of dust under my screen.

The new one:
    *Made 2/23/09
    *screen seems bigger, like I mean less gaps on side and seems like less light bleed.
    *screen feels more responsive and feels like the click is "stronger" I dunno how to explain it

Running bbcrackman hybrid .114 now and runs fast, seems battery drain is bad but other then that, its running good
    It "seems" a lot better?
    the screen "seems" bigger...did you break out calipers and measure it or did you just kinda eyeball it?
    Screen "feels" more responsive...did you use a pressure sensor and measure the force needed to click or is that just new phone euphoria.
    the hybrid OS "seems" fast but yet "seems" to drain the battery. I'm assuming of course you've done speed checks and voltage checks to confirm all of these assertions.

Honestly. It's crap like this that fuels these wild rumors and speculations and rants on CB.

I've had mine since day one, zero issues. Reboots randomly every now and then...so does my $1500 laptop.
    The touch screen isn't perfect...neither is the bank's ATM touchscreen.
    The battery doesn't last for a week...because I make a lot of calls, use the media player and a GPS app that continuously transmits my position to the internet.

I understand the limits of the hardware.
    I accept the limits of the OS, and am happy for a semi-stable leaked version.
    I have the patience to wait for a real OS when released.

It's a cutting edge piece of hardware with an OS that is expected to do a lot with the processor it has. There are improvements to be made, in the meantime, think about what it took to get it into your hands and be happy with the amazing functionality that the Storm has.
    03-22-09 01:27 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD