View Poll Results: Your thoughts on the Multi language capability on the Storm?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it and RIM should keep and improve it?

37 74.00%
  • Hate it and RIM should remove it?

13 26.00%
    Here's step by step instructions on how to Enable Arabic reading and typing on your Blackberry Storm. The first steps are for loading an updated OS since 4.7.0.75 dosn't seem to have Arabic available as an option.

Blackberry Storm 9530

Updating the OS for Blackberry Storm 9530 to 4.7.0.90
    I chose .90 instead of .99 or .100 because for the time being it seems to be the best for working with languages.

1. Download the OS by clicking here 4.7.0.90
    2. Once the download is complete, you will prompted to follow the installation instructions. Complete this task.

3. Then you will be prompted to click finish, make sure you check the box that says open Desktop Manager and then click finish (Desktop Manager is used for syncing up your Blackberry and also used for loading various applications and system updates).

4. Make sure you Blackberry is plugged into your computer, if not it�s ok you can still do it now.

5. Desktop Manager will read the OS on the Blackberry and check if there is a newer update on your computer that is ready for install and will prompt you to click the update button that appears. If this doesn�t happen then just manually click on the Check for Updates option.

6. The OS update/load onto the Blackberry should take you about Twenty minutes or so after choosing update now. To confirm that the OS has been updated, on your Blackberry Storm, click on Options and then choose About and on your screen you will see the latest OS.

Attachment 12413

Adding and Changing the Language on Blackberry Storm 9530

1. Plug your phone into your computer (USB).
    2. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    3. Choose Application Loader.
    4. Choose Update Software.
    5. Put a Check mark next to the first version eg: 4.7.0.90 and click next.
    6. The OS will appear in the window, click options on the right side and you will be taken to a screen that allows you to choose Arabic and whatever other language you would like to load, make sure you load English with it or your phone will only appear in Arabic.

Attachment 12415

7. Click next and then click finish and it should start loading Arabic capabilities (eg: reading/writing).
    8. Unplug your Blackberry from your computer and then on your Blackberry go through the setup wizard which towards the end will ask you what languages to enable, choose English and Arabic and click next.
    9. If the wizard doesn�t appear then just load it manually by clicking on the Wizard Icon on your Blackberry.
    10. Then choose Language
    11. Then under typing choose Arabic.
    12. Most importantly make sure you put a check mark next Arabic so that you may keep the typing fonts as well or else it will remove and undo the entire process that you just completed.

Attachment 12414

13. Now for the test, go into your email and start to compose an email, you should be able to see Arabic keys on your keyboard.

Attachment 12416

14. Now for test number two, go to Qur'an Transliteration and choose from the mobile section located on the left hand side and you should be able to see Quran in Arabic.
    15. You can have the entire phone and all its features appear in Arabic (eg: numbers, icons, menus etc).

Attachment 12417

Congratulations!

Attached are the PDF files incase you need to print them. They have more picture samples available in them.

Attachment 12411

Attachment 12412
    Last edited by isalhia; 02-12-09 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Needed to edit the title to clairify.
    02-12-09 12:10 AM
    I just tried to download the application to view Arabic font, but when I run it is goes as 4.7 not 4.9 and I can�t update my Storm
    02-23-09 06:10 PM
    ok. i got it but i dont see the Arabic font?!
    02-23-09 07:22 PM
    Salam ALikum

I ve problems with 103 in Arabic.
    1- Once I select Arabic in an SMS, I can not go back to English keyboard.
    2- In SMS or Emails the Arabic Keyboard is empty.
    3- Some Arabic letters are missing in landscape keyboard Tah, Dah ط و ظ

any help??
    03-04-09 01:22 AM
    stop makin 20 threads for this
    03-04-09 01:31 AM
    inshallah you will stop making these threads, i have seen 10
    03-04-09 02:40 AM
    al-hamdu lilah. Arabic on my phone now
    03-04-09 03:35 AM
    So I downloaded the Arabic version for my Storm, I love it but my phone is crashing a lot? Is there any reason for that? Is it because of this version of software? How can I fix it?
    03-07-09 06:35 PM
    Do you think that these steps, changed toward the Chinese files, would work?
    03-07-09 08:08 PM
    How to Setup blackberry Internet on a provider that doesn�t support blackberry! (they don�t offer blackberry network but have GPRS network)
    I bought an Unlock Blackberry Curve. However, my phone provider doesn�t support blackberry therefore they can�t set it up for me! I have contacted Blackberry and they said they can�t help me?!
    Here are the information given by my phone provider, can anyone tell me how to make the following changes in my phone so I can use the Internet and emails on my blackberry, thanks
    WAP � GPRS
    Access point name: mcinet
    Username:
    Password:
    Account name: MCCI WAP GPRS
    Proxy server address: 192.168.194.073
    Proxy server port: 8080
    04-17-09 08:04 PM
    I can help you without having to update the OS, check the link in my signature block.
    04-18-09 08:39 PM
    I ve tried many solutions and OSs. The problem is either the device becomes very unstable thus many battery pulls, OR, it would work good with Arabic input but you can never go back to English input.

It is very frustrating.

Can anyone pls tell me if they are running well with Arabic, and can toggle back and fourth to English.

Which OS is best for Arabic. I ve tried 90, 103, 122, 148�
    Thanks
    08-30-09 01:21 AM
    I ve tried many solutions and OSs. The problem is either the device becomes very unstable thus many battery pulls, OR, it would work good with Arabic input but you can never go back to English input.

It is very frustrating.

Can anyone pls tell me if they are running well with Arabic, and can toggle back and fourth to English.

Which OS is best for Arabic. I ve tried 90, 103, 122, 148�
    Thanks
    Try 5.0.0.140 or 5.0.0.191
    08-30-09 03:17 AM
    from where i can download 5.0.0.191 ? because i tried .554 it didn't have arabic
    12-11-09 12:05 PM
    btw mine is onyx 9700
    12-11-09 12:06 PM
    12-11-09 12:50 PM
    nice job bro........tnx
    10-08-11 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD