I don't know how I did it, but my HRT is EMPTY!!!

I have an unlocked 9530 (wanted to use it for T-Mobile), and the HRT is EMPTY! It worked for a few days, but now the HRT is completely blank. I tried re-registering my phone, but that didn't work. I've resent the service books a few times, and that hasn't worked. Is there any way to restore the HRT?
    03-12-09 02:21 PM
    Try a batt pull
    03-12-09 02:29 PM
    I did... No luck...
    03-12-09 04:10 PM
    Check the How Too Forum, there is a thread there by pltaylor that can help, plus pl checks it and gives individual help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 04:16 PM
    Hi CarlAyers,

I've been experiencing the same problem as you, blank HRT. After trying all those methods (batt-pull, upgrade OS, wipe handheld, change sim-card, change CDMA config via ##000000, send service books) as suggested by others in the forum nothing seems to work for me.

But now I've figured out some thing that might help you... works for me

It's the same method as suggested by spaciorek only that before you do this steps, you have to change your BB9530@ComfortBerry connection to gprs only. Go to Options > Mobile Network > and change the Network Technology: from Global to GSM/UMTS and select the Network Mode: to 2G only. The connection should change from 3G to small letter gprs.

The second part, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Press Menu button and select Register Now.

If everything went OK, you should received confirmation msg, and the signal should change to capital GPRS. Check the HRT again, should se some entry there... After that you can change back the setting to Global.

If this methods help, please let me know...
    03-22-09 02:21 PM
    Another thing to add, if after the Register Now, there's still no HRT, remain the gprs setting and go to Manage Connections > and Turn All Connections Off, wait for the signal shows an X or SOS then turn it back on. That should done it...
    Good Luck...
    03-22-09 02:33 PM
    Thanks for your assistance. I now have my HRT back, but when I go to Services Status (under Manage Connections), it says my BIS is not connected. And my emails are coming to my phone at the rate of about 5 every 10 minutes.

This is so frustrating. I'm on the verge of chucking this phone into the Hudson river and going back to my beloved Curve 8320.
    03-23-09 11:18 AM
    I kinda having the same issue as well but only when i'm on the move. Once back at home or in the office, i have to disconnect all network than connect back.
    I would love to try the unbranding by Tronyx but unable to PM him for password, coz i'm a newbie to this site, less than 10 post...

I guess the unbrand might help the user like me (in Malaysia, no Verizon over here) coz i believe my 9530 is looking for vzgw3g APN first. I'm also having problem with tethering as well, this might be related... i think

What say you?
    04-08-09 02:05 PM
    hey I am near the Hudson River I will try and catch it.....Anyway have the Servicve Provider resend service book if your not able to go to a web based site and do it yourself.
    04-14-09 02:01 PM
    Hey i know this is and old post but can anyone help me restoret the HRT or how to find the HRT for a 8350i please thank you
    08-05-10 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD