has anyone tried out emobile today on the storm how is it?
    12-12-08 09:44 PM
    bump I have a feeling people don't know what emobile today is.

it puts a today screen on the phone as in application

e-Mobile Today - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software

these is why i ask..

under compatible devices

BlackBerry: 7130c, 7130e, 7130g, 7130v, 8100 (Pearl), 8110 (Pearl), 8120 (Pearl), 8130 (Pearl), 8220 (Pearl Flip), 8300 (Curve), 8310 (Curve), 8320 (Curve), 8330 (Curve), 8350i (Curve), 8700c, 8700f, 8700g, 8700r, 8700v, 8703e, 8705g, 8707g, 8707h, 8707v, 8800, 8820, 8830, 8900 (Curve), 9000 (Bold), 9100, Curve, Pearl, Storm

I think this is the first one to support the storm... with this type of functionality
    12-13-08 01:04 AM
    I saw that on Handango the other day and was wondering just the same.
    12-13-08 01:06 AM
    I honestly think this may be the solution because its probably not theme dependent

who knows but it seems logical..
    12-13-08 01:19 AM
    I don't have access to DM over the weekend so I'll not be trying it any time too soon...
    12-13-08 01:23 AM
    well I would install it right now accept there is no trial available.. its a buy or not type thing thats why I asked if anyone has attempted
    12-13-08 01:26 AM
    I emailed the company last week. They said it doesn't support it and a storm version will be out before the end of this month.
    12-13-08 01:51 AM
    I have tried it. The concept is great, but it really doesn't work on the Storm, yet. Data doesn't display correctly and it is near to impossible to change screens. I think it WILL be worthwhile when they have a version for the Storm. That is why I licensed it. Just waiting for that day.
    12-13-08 09:17 AM
    BUMP...

Now that they have one out for the storm...has anyone tried it?? I wish they had a trial. The screen shots are not the Storm and I would like to know how it looks as well as if it performs as well as they indicate it would. I NEED to have all that junk on the home screen but I love my crisp beautiful screen and don't want to scrap it.

Ok scratch that...there is ONE screen shot. Still would like to see more.
    Last edited by jordankreationz; 01-01-09 at 03:41 PM. Reason: adding something
    01-01-09 03:39 PM
    I have the pro version.. it works well and is always running even when restarted. There is no option to close but there is a hide in background.

I am having an issue with the plug-ins weather/stock. They work, but I get a java exception error when restarted. When the app load it shows network error and you need to refresh it. Sent an email to support and going to play with it later. maybe it's just a permission/disable compatibility issue.

I experienced no slow downs or battery drain. It does open the correct inbox if you keep email/sms separate, however It doesn't work well with aerize alerts due to the storm issues. For those that get the garbled messages, they show up under the sms tab..so even though your inbox may show 10 messages it lists those garbled messages as well. I removed aerize until they'll fix it. On a side note, I wonder if members having memory issues are due to those garbled messages. You can dismiss the aerize popup and they won't show in the inbox, but it seems weird there saved with this app.

cons are it doesn't have many options. Fonts are either small/large black/white. The tabs aren't highlighted for selection (email, missed calls, etc). You just click the tab you want to view. They're large enough so really little room for error. Custom wallpaper has to be resized to look right. not sure of the exact size, but the standard storm size doesn't fit well. Also it only reads pics on the main pic folder, so if you arrange your pics by folders they won't be seen by the app. You can only get to the app by app switcher or the icon. I only say this because I like the pocketday feature of having it show up in the messages menu. The plug-ins (weather/stock) have no options on when to receive data..every 30 minutes, hour, etc. so I have no idea how recent the data is unless I manually refresh it. lack of updates..If they fix this issue, chances are you have to find out for yourself and ask support for a link to download assuming they give it to you. no ota installs.

I can post screenshots, but their basically the same as shown on the bold version except the lack of highlighting.

on another side note, I noticed another software they make "e-mobile preview" It doesn't say compatible with the storm, but I think the look is how peekawho should be (get rid of those small icons). Even still with the issues paw/aerize are having and it looks like there is no mark as open option..without a trial I would have to pass.
    Last edited by hudss; 01-01-09 at 04:44 PM.
    01-01-09 04:13 PM
    Please post new threads in the correct Storm sub-forum. Thanks.
    01-01-09 04:18 PM
    Crucial,
    This is a thread from before the sub-forums were created.
    01-01-09 05:21 PM
    just a quick update.. I did a search and couldn't find what was causing the java error. Read about the yahoo update, aerize sd backup uninstalling, etc but none applied to me. Anyway I did a wipe/reinstall and the error hasn't appeared since.
    01-02-09 07:58 PM
    I have the pro edition. I've had a lot of issues getting it to run properly on my storm. The support team did a great job.

The did mention their backgrounds resize to 480x480. I asked that they fix it to 480x360, the real storm dimensions.

I also asked if they would highlight the option that you are about to click on (like the browser does with links). I keep clicking on the wrong items with my fat fingers.

I haven't asked (but maybe they are reading this), that they should have a "send to background" option. I hate using their "Application Switcher", and would love to have the ability to just press an option and have my Home screen show. Currently, I just hold the Menu button down for a second, then hit the "home" button. This is getting old very fast.

I did not buy the expansions. My thought, they should be included in the pro version as part of the higher cost. But, that's just me.
    01-02-09 08:39 PM
    Is this software worth the money?
    01-19-09 12:41 AM
    i think a good theme that displays messages and calendar events on the home screen can accomplish the same things, at a much lower price...
    02-14-09 12:01 AM
    I downloaded emobile today professional recently and am overall satisfied with the software. Like the functionality of the home screen especially the contacts portion. However, the one glitch that I have encountered is that phantom SMS messages are showing up. There are messages that I have received, but the count keeps increasing randomly, and are linked to phantom blank messages. Will get back to you when I have the patience to contact support to work out this bug. Also wished that when I delete a message from this screen, it would also delete the message from the actual inbox on my email, not just delete it from my blackberry inbox.
    03-04-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD