Hi,

I got my Blackberry Storm phone 10 days ago, waited patiently for IT at work to install BES on our server. cost for one user:free Cost of IT work: not free
    For those who will ask, I bothered to go to BES option since the other sync options were not available to me (trust me here) and mostly want to get email to sync in both directions, and to get contacts and calender to go to my BB Storm.

Problem: Although I now have contacts working on BB and can enter on computer or BB and they go to both locations, I am not so lucky with email or Calendar.

For email, if I delete from my computer, it does not come off the BB
    For Calendar, if I enter a new appointment on my computer, it does not show up on the BB. Thankfully it will show up on the computer if I enter the original event on my BB. So, this is unidirectional.

Since I spend most of my time in front of the computer at work and am faster typing appointments and replying to email from computer, it bums me out that I might have to do all the data entry from the BB.

Any help appreciated. Again, using BES which was supposed to resolve this.
    02-26-09 12:21 AM
    Email problem:
    Go into your messages, click on menu key, go to options, email reconciliation, Go to Delete on and change it to mailbox and handheld, and SAVE

Calendar problem:
    Go into your calendar, click on menu key, go to options, go to device default, go to wireless synchronization and switch it from yes to no, hit the escape key and save. Wait 2-3 minutes go back into calendar, options, device default, wireless sync and switch it from no to yes.

Let me know if that worked for you.
    Last edited by Carnag3; 02-26-09 at 12:28 AM.
    02-26-09 12:26 AM
    Can you even send email from the bb? I'm guessing the guys you had install it wrong on the server. Happens all the time. But follow the advice above first . PM me if you need anything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:35 AM
    Carnag3, thanks for replying:
    Email Problem The settings you suggested were already on the phone (Mailbox and Handheld) so that wasn't the issue and I am still stuck there.

Calendar Problem: I did your "wireless no, wait 3-4 min, then wireless yes". got a bit nervous when it told me it might actually lose info. I cannot tell if anything was actually lost. In any case, after it re aquainted itself, I went to look and although items that I had created on the computer and BB (that may have only been on one) were now on both, anything new that I create still has the same issue: if I start the new calendar item on the computer it does not get to the phone. Will keep poking around. Thanks
    02-26-09 01:21 AM
    Boots4283:
    Great question. I think so. The IT dude is actually from outside of our company, is our "go to guy" only when our internal IT department cannot figure it out. ong ago, our internal IT decided not to mess with phones. (there are 8 owners, smart choice, really!). This outside guy has already put BES for single user on the server of 25-30 other individuals in other companies, so he says. However, perhaps that deserves more exploring.
    In any case, yes, a message composed on my BB winds up getting sent and recieved in other locations (hubby email, my personal email, and work email). I do even see that the "sent items" on my computer shows what was created from my BB. Sigh. I am off to bed. A bit discouraged, but will check back here in the am.
    This is something my hubby found that might work, but it means paying the IT dude to try it. Since it is a link, and I only have 7 posts, the powers that be won't let me post it. However, if you add a www in front of it, I think you will get there:

kreslavsky.com/2008/08/blackberry-calendar-sync-works-one-direction-only.html/comment-page-1

Thanks.
    S
    02-26-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD