Good day, fellow Blackberry users.

I have recently purchased a Blackberry Storm 9500, and am having a rather major issue when it comes to adding an email address.

Instead of giving me two options at the Email Setup menu, it is only giving me the option 'I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server", which I don't want to do with me not not using my Blackberry for work purposes. Everywhere I have looked so far, seems to say that there ought to be a second option to add/create a personal email address.

I was wondering if anyone else has come accross this problem, and whether or not they have managed to sort it?

If it makes any difference, I'm in the UK and got the Blackberry direct from Vodafone upon upgrading my existing monthly contract.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    12-28-08 12:15 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB

Has your Blackberry Internet Service tariff been activated yet?

You will receive a registration message and a browser icon when it has. Also your signal will change to either GPRS/3G with the BB logo.

But, look in your settings folder (It has an icon with a cog on it) and in there there may be an email settings icon. Let me know if you have this.
    12-28-08 12:28 PM
    I got a similar issue on my Storm (vodafone germany). I got network and I could see a "3g" icon in the right upper corner even before I registered anything. I got the Storm - put in the SIM card - the signal and the 3g logo was there already. Then I wanted to assign my email accounts to my new BB so I went to www(dot)mobileemail(dot)vodafone(dot)de and entered my private email accounts there. It said that I SHOULD have gotten a confirmation message to my Storm, but I didnt -.-
    So I waited for about 20 minutes, then I went to Options/AdvancesOptions/HostRoutingTable - and wanted to register my new device. When I tried it said "You are currently not connected to the internet yada yada, something like that - please try again when you are connected to the internet".

So now Im stuck:
    - waiting for the confirmation email from the BIS
    - cant register my BB Storm via HRT

ps: When I try to use the browser on the Storm or any apps that require internet access, it says that either:
    - I am not in an area that can handle data communication
    - or that I am not connected to the network

BUT I can clearly see the vodafone(dot)de and the signal strength and the 3g logo on screen -.-

pps:
    - vodafone definitively covers the area I live in, GOD its a big city, and I checked the 3G network coverage prior to buying the device...
    - the 3g ... is a small g... but it supposed to be "3G" in order to be connected, right?!

Hope somebody can help me solve this
    Last edited by Vlad M.; 12-30-08 at 06:15 AM.
    12-30-08 04:46 AM
    Ok I had the problem... Call your Vodafone customer service line and ask them to activate your APN on your phone or just tell them to see why you cannot set up your email accounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD