In our company, we travel enough to have cell phone contracts in Europe with Vodafone as well as several pay as you go SIMS from other countries. There is a dearth of quad band, dual SIM phones so most people carry around several phones with different SIMS in them. The company uses AT&T in the US.

Someone had an idea that with Verizon's Storm, by switching to Verizon we may be able to insert our Vodafone SIMs into the Storm (once unlocked) and use the CDMA in the US and the GSM in Europe. Losing at least one cellphone.

The question is, 1. will email work on the non-verizon sim? Probably not, but would there be a way to install an alternate email program to simulate a push email capability on the other sim? I also guess that only one set of service books could be installed on one Blackberry, not separate ones for the CDMA and GSM.

Thanks,
    06-02-09 06:04 PM
    In our company, we travel enough to have cell phone contracts in Europe with Vodafone as well as several pay as you go SIMS from other countries. There is a dearth of quad band, dual SIM phones so most people carry around several phones with different SIMS in them. The company uses AT&T in the US.

Someone had an idea that with Verizon's Storm, by switching to Verizon we may be able to insert our Vodafone SIMs into the Storm (once unlocked) and use the CDMA in the US and the GSM in Europe. Losing at least one cellphone.

The question is, 1. will email work on the non-verizon sim? Probably not, but would there be a way to install an alternate email program to simulate a push email capability on the other sim? I also guess that only one set of service books could be installed on one Blackberry, not separate ones for the CDMA and GSM.

Thanks,
    While I can not fully answer your question because I do not travel like that, what I can tell you is that with Verizon's international plans the service is provided by Vodafone.
    06-02-09 06:23 PM
    You will need to unlock the Storm before you can use a non-verizon sim card.

I do not think your data will push on the other sim card. You could however use the verizon global plan and your data will work just fine while there. For the Verizon global data plan, however, you will need to use the verizon sim card since that's the one that is registered in their network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by carlos31820; 06-03-09 at 06:30 AM.
    06-02-09 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD