This is an issue I have had with .83 and .85 (I never ran .75 so don't know if it would be an issue there too).

About once every 10 messages, my keyboard freezes when I am hitting the backspace key and the message sends itself. It's a bit embarrassing when it happens with work emails. At first I thought it was user error, but I have been paying attention and the short Send menu screen never comes up and I am not selecting send any other way.

It happens only in landscape, but happens in either landscape orientation, so I do not think it is a hardware issue on one side.

Has anyone else encountered this? If not, I will consider swapping my Storm for a new one.
    12-31-08 07:34 AM
    I think you might be hitting the enter key and that is sending the message. (the key just below the back key). I used that key when I was installing my jawbone and it worked as I didn't see any other way to confirm after I put the password in the box.
    12-31-08 08:19 AM
    For me the keyboard used to disappear is .75 if I typed fast. In .83, I had an issue where it sent an email early as you described. In .85, it's been smooth.
    12-31-08 08:32 AM
    Your not crazy, my Storm does the same thing. It somehow pops up a short send menu in the middle of typing a message and I end up sending a half written email. Very annoying but only happens rarely. I can't tell if it's the firmware or the blackberry... ??
    12-31-08 08:34 AM
    I think you might be hitting the enter key and that is sending the message. (the key just below the back key). I used that key when I was installing my jawbone and it worked as I didn't see any other way to confirm after I put the password in the box.
    The Enter key sends BBM messages, but not emails.
    12-31-08 08:43 AM
    Glad I am not completely crazy! I'll keep monitoring the situation and decide what to do. This is the only potential deal breaker issue I have encountered.
    12-31-08 08:44 AM
    This is an issue I have had with .83 and .85 (I never ran .75 so don't know if it would be an issue there too).

About once every 10 messages, my keyboard freezes when I am hitting the backspace key and the message sends itself. It's a bit embarrassing when it happens with work emails. At first I thought it was user error, but I have been paying attention and the short Send menu screen never comes up and I am not selecting send any other way.

It happens only in landscape, but happens in either landscape orientation, so I do not think it is a hardware issue on one side.

Has anyone else encountered this? If not, I will consider swapping my Storm for a new one.
    You may have done this before , plug your unit back to the manager software
    and run loader again if there is no more update then pull the BATTERY out , then reboot the phone see if that fixes the problem ..
    12-31-08 08:45 AM
    You may have done this before , plug your unit back to the manager software
    and run loader again if there is no more update then pull the BATTERY out , then reboot the phone see if that fixes the problem ..
    I did a complete wipe before install, so I am not sure what another load would do? Am I missing something here? Thanks.
    12-31-08 08:55 AM
    Mine did it with .83 but now I'm on .85 and have not had this happen again..yet. Although there are other problems with .85 maybe you could upgrade and see if it helps.
    12-31-08 10:27 AM
    Mine started doing this with .83 and still does it w/ .85. He's exactly right, a short menu pops up pretty much exactly where your thumb is typing and I end up sending half written texts and emails. Not everytime but I end up catching that short menu about 8 to 10 times a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:01 PM
    Had it happen more on SMS message then emails with 85, for me at least.
    01-01-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD