I use Gmail, so when I get my storm "Wednesday" I hope I would like to forward my gmail's to the storm. Here's the stupid question.... Do the email's still goto my gmail on the desktop pc?
    12-15-08 03:31 AM
    I use Gmail, so when I get my storm "Wednesday" I hope I would like to forward my gmail's to the storm. Here's the stupid question.... Do the email's still goto my gmail on the desktop pc?

yes you can setup gmail in the bis as pop or imap.. all the bis does is push the emails to your device..

when you do this make sure you set up a filter to make it not push your own email address or you will get messages that you send out pushed back to your device

its pretty easy to add the filter

and gmail works great with it
    12-15-08 03:39 AM
    thanks "alot" LoL
    12-15-08 07:16 AM
    I have the gmail app on my phone. it's nice becuase it retains the threaded messaging view like it is online.
    12-15-08 08:15 AM
    You can set it up both ways where you can keep the messages on the server or delete them as them go onto the blackberry
    12-15-08 08:58 AM
    yes you can setup gmail in the bis as pop or imap.. all the bis does is push the emails to your device..

when you do this make sure you set up a filter to make it not push your own email address or you will get messages that you send out pushed back to your device

its pretty easy to add the filter

and gmail works great with it
    Can you tell me how to filter gmail ? thanks.
    12-16-08 01:01 PM
    thanks "alot" LoL
    "A lot"....
    12-16-08 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD