I have the Blackberry Storm for Verizon. When I first got it and setup my email with my school email, and I deleted them on the Mailbox and Handheld, it would actually delete it on my Mailbox on my computer. For some reason now it does not delete them, when I go to check them on my computer. Is there any setting(s) that I could have accidentaly changed, and is there something I can do about it to make it actually delete on my mailbox on my computer, so I dont have it completely full at the end of the day? By the way, a buddy of mine told me there is a way to go to the verizon website and set something up, but I didnt really know what he was talking about. Thanks for any help.
    03-05-09 12:08 PM
    When you say your computer, are you accessing your email through webmail or are you using a desktop client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?

If you are using a desktop client, the only way to delete them from your mailbox that you would see on our desktop is to set up your email using the IMAP protocol. If you have it setup using POP3, you cannot delete emails from your desktop with your BlackBerry.

If you are using a web-based email client then you should be able to delete messages from your BlackBerry without a problem. If you are having problems open up your Messages and go to Options -> Email Reconciliation. The setting for "Delete On:" should either be Prompt or Mailbox and Handheld. Prompt will allow you to decide whether or not to delete the messages from handheld, mailbox or both. Mailbox and Handheld will automatically delete from both.
    03-05-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD