I am completely new to Blackberry and the Storm is my first try at the brand. I am having difficulty with my email. I have an email account with 1and1 internet and it notifies me when email arrive etc, generally works good.

1) My incoming email appears to delete after about 24 hours. Can I make the Storm keep all incoming email saved to the device? It keeps my outgoing email only.

2) Can I sync in some way so that I can get all my previous email which resides in that email box?

Thanks in anticipation.
    12-07-08 06:47 AM
    I am completely new to Blackberry and the Storm is my first try at the brand. I am having difficulty with my email. I have an email account with 1and1 internet and it notifies me when email arrive etc, generally works good.

1) My incoming email appears to delete after about 24 hours. Can I make the Storm keep all incoming email saved to the device? It keeps my outgoing email only.

2) Can I sync in some way so that I can get all my previous email which resides in that email box?

Thanks in anticipation.
    1) open you messages file, hit the menu key>general options, at the very bottom, "keep messages", change it to forever.

2) forward the ones you want on your phone to yourself or surf to the site on your browser, other then that, what you want is a bes feature..
    12-07-08 06:54 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

the -Keep messages- is set at 'forever'. Unfortunately it seems like my mail deletes after 24 hours.

Sorry to be stupid but what is a 'bes feature'

If there are any more ideas on the deleting email then it would be great.

Thanks
    12-07-08 07:02 AM
    Sorry it's actually the email from btinternet.com which is deleting not the 1and1 stuff. Could it be a server issue? e.g. when mail is deleted at btinternet when I downlaoad it to my computer, then after a certain amount of time it deletes? Or am I way off track?

Thanks
    12-07-08 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD