Hello, i bought my first Blackberry after being a long time Iphone user, i am now using the Storm 2 9550. Upon receiving it i right away tried to set up the POP email as this is the main reason i bought the phone ( the awsome keyboard), when i go in my 'setup email section' my only option is ' i want to use a work email account with BES' as you can imagine i am pretty disapointed, if i cant get the POp email to work their really isn't a point in me keeping it as i do all my work with that e-mail. The phone is unlocked from Verizon, and i am using it on Fido ( Rogers).
    I would appreciate any help on this matter thanks.

Selene
    05-01-10 11:09 AM
    I may be wrong but the message looks like a business IT is installed. Search the forums for removal instructions.

If that is not correct one of the real gurus will be along with the right information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 03:25 PM
    I dont think that is the issue, i just reinstalled everything i still dont see the option.
    05-01-10 04:50 PM
    look harder lol jk try to use the blackberry manager and pull it from there
    05-01-10 10:35 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan? If yes, is it activated on your account?

If you haven't registered the device on the network yet, go to, menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now.

You will get an email saying registration successful. Now go back to email settings and see whether you have the option to setup personal email.

Hope this helps

05-02-10 12:11 AM
    look harder lol jk try to use the blackberry manager and pull it from there
    I tried installing the email program from manager and after doing so still the Enterprise email only was displayed.

Do you have a BB data plan? If yes, is it activated on your account?

If you haven't registered the device on the network yet, go to, menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now.

You will get an email saying registration successful. Now go back to email settings and see whether you have the option to setup personal email.

Hope this helps

I dont have a Data plan right now because i couldn't get the email to work and that was the only reason i would get a data plan since i can use the wi fi for the browsing. I tried the register thing and it sent an email but i assume it sends it to the blackberry enteprise email? Since i dont have one im guessing that wont work? I tried activating the enterprise tru the verizon site and the Fido site and it didn't work.
    05-02-10 08:15 AM
    The data plan for a BB is a little different then a normal plan. You will be on Verizon's network, but you will be going through RIM to get everything. For you to setup your email like you want, you will need BIS (i.e. Basic Internet Service) which is the data plan for a BB.
    Since you don't have BIS, the BB thinks you have BES (i.e. Basic Enterprise Service) and provides you with that option. BES is a different type of service and you can get a BES account through 3rd parties, but there is an additional fee. It doesn't sound like you need this.
    Once you get a data plan, if possible, don't use POP, try setting up your email account for IMAP, or forwarding your email to the new vzw.blackberry.net account you will receive. Guaranteed you will be amazed at the speed of your delivery.
    05-02-10 08:50 AM
    I tried installing the email program from manager and after doing so still the Enterprise email only was displayed.

I dont have a Data plan right now because i couldn't get the email to work and that was the only reason i would get a data plan since i can use the wi fi for the browsing. I tried the register thing and it sent an email but i assume it sends it to the blackberry enteprise email? Since i dont have one im guessing that wont work? I tried activating the enterprise tru the verizon site and the Fido site and it didn't work.

that's right..if you don't have a data plan your blackberry works half..
    that's the one of main differences from iphone..
    05-02-10 09:07 AM
    So if i understand correctly if i get a BB Data plan the phone will just 'add' the option to add a regular email account in the blackberry? Because if thats all i got to do its not really a problem i can go get it today its just i dont see how me having acess to Data will make an option appear. In the blackberry their is an option to Activate the BES, it asks me for an email, is this one i got to choose or is it something i get from the Provider. Also, should i get the blackberry data plan's which include email and browsing or just a blackberry data with 500 mb, or does it make no difference.
    05-02-10 09:12 AM
    We use BES for our our firms,corporates generally..
    if you are working a company, they activate it..
    For individual we use BIS..
    So you need to activate from your service provider Blackberry İnternet Service definitely..
    Another data packages won't let you to set up e-mails..
    You can only use your e-mails,facebook,Windows live Messenger,Application World with your BIS activation..
    As a result,
    Blackberry activates itself only with Blackberry internet package from your service provider..
    otherwise,
    you can't set up e-mails,facebook,Windows live Messenger,Application World with 500MB data package..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (T�rkiye,T�rk�e,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    05-02-10 09:52 AM
    Ok, so i will get the blackberry email plan with my provider and i assume the email option should show up?
    05-02-10 10:57 AM
    Yes, because once you get the data plan you will receive the service book needed for the email setup.
    05-02-10 10:59 AM
    Ok, so i will get the blackberry email plan with my provider and i assume the email option should show up?

Don't hesitate it
    in case of something bad, i promise..i'll help you...

Fatih Kurnaz
    (T�rkiye,T�rk�e,Yardım,Avea, Vodafone, Turkcell Blackberry Bis)
    05-02-10 11:04 AM
    Ok i got it working thanks for all the help, is their anyway to increase the rate at which it checks for new emails.
    05-02-10 01:16 PM
    I didn't understand correctly what you wrote but as far as I understand..yes it'll always be connected BlackBerry server..therefore; you don't need to increase anything.
    You'll be always online for your e-mails and other apps generally..

Fatih Kurnaz
    (T�rkiye,T�rk�e,Yardım,Avea,Vodafone,Turkcell BlackBerry,Bis,Pin:20E1B856 )

05-02-10 02:50 PM
    Ok i got it working thanks for all the help, is their anyway to increase the rate at which it checks for new emails.
    Change from POP email to the other setting.

05-02-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD