I have my Verizon BB Storm linked to my work email through BIS. When responding to emails from my desktop (MS Outlook), my Storm gets another orginal version of the email that I was responding to. It is not a copy of the sent email or a delivery confirmation... but a resend of the original email I was responding to. This is very annoying!

I've researched this through both Verizon and CB threads. I set filters to not receive emails from myself on BIS and the Verizon guy had me turn of delivery confirmation on my Storm email settings... yet the problem still exists. Interestingly enough, my Yahoo email account does not have this problem, only my work email through Outlook. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... never hurts to ask nicely! Thanks in advance.
    01-22-09 01:33 PM
    i had this problem. as soon as I changed settings on my email and on the unit, it went away. surprised that it didn't work. and i feel you on how annoying it can be to get MULTIPLE messages.
    01-22-09 02:14 PM
    Do you have Desktop Redirector running on your computer in addition to the "Web Mail" setup on you blackberry (BIS)? When I first got my Storm, I received two copies of each email from my inbox because I had both set up. If this is the case, either uninstall DR or remove the email account (BIS) from you blackberry.
    01-22-09 02:40 PM
    Nope, no Desktop redirector. The only time that this happens is when I reply to an email from my desktop in Microsoft Outlook. The original email is sent to my Storm each time I reply.

Does anyone else have or had this issue particularly with outlook? Trying to determine if its a device setting or an Outlook setting... thinking it may be outlook rather than the Storm. Hmm.
    01-22-09 06:59 PM
    Nope, no Desktop redirector. The only time that this happens is when I reply to an email from my desktop in Microsoft Outlook. The original email is sent to my Storm each time I reply.

Does anyone else have or had this issue particularly with outlook? Trying to determine if its a device setting or an Outlook setting... thinking it may be outlook rather than the Storm. Hmm.
    real stupid question..but have you looked at the reply addresses in outlook and making sure that you're not sending transcription receipts, email receipts, anything? That could really be a simple fix. just go into your options and try re-setting email settings up all over again
    01-23-09 12:07 AM
    I double checked in my Outlook under tracking options and I have no read or delivery receipt options enabled. The are all processed on arrival.

Unfortunately, I'm still lost on this one
    01-23-09 07:21 AM
    give me a few. i'm gonna try to duplicate your problem on my office machine.... then i'll let you know..
    01-23-09 08:03 AM
    Still stranded with this one... anyone have a fix? Thanks!
    01-24-09 12:24 PM
    I would love to hear a reply (with a fix). I have the same problem. It is very irritating!
    01-26-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD