I have 2 issues right now. The first is that when I check email on my computer and mark it as read on the server, it still shows as unread on my BB. Really annoying.

Second issue is I put a bunch of MP3s on my BB, and it says they're all of an invalid file type. WTF.

Any ideas? Help is appreciated. Thanks
    02-03-09 07:51 AM
    1) is your Email BIS or BES. If it is BIS then I don't think it marks it read on your phone when acessed via PC.

2)are the mp3s DRMed? if they were bought from Itunes that may be the probelm
    02-03-09 08:30 AM
    1) is your Email BIS or BES. If it is BIS then I don't think it marks it read on your phone when acessed via PC.
    Not that I've noticed. However, it does work the other way around (read it on BB, marked read on the server, at least with an IMAP server.)
    02-03-09 08:34 AM
    I don't know what BIS and BES are. The server is setup with IMAP... thats how I'm connecting to it on my computer, but I don't know if the phone is connected with IMAP?

And no, the music isn't DRM'd... I ripped them from CDs I own.
    02-03-09 11:05 AM
    BIS would talk to your email server, fetch the email and push it to your phone. When you set up email when you first got your phone... You were configuring BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 12:40 PM
    Oh, I'm using BIS. And that is a really dumb feature if it continually contacts the server looking for messages, but doesn't bother to mark previous ones as read.
    02-03-09 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD