Hi All,

Newbie here... I just got my Storm (9530) last week and was loving it. So what did I do!? I went and upgraded it to the leaked .103 version and am happy to report it still works great.

One issue I have noticed and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to fix it.

I use BIS to configure my email so it gets pushed to my Storm. Before the upgrade it seemed almost instantaneous but now there is a clear lag of anywhere up to 10 minutes.

PLEASE HELP!!!
    02-20-09 10:13 AM
    What kind of email account is it? the carrier.blackberry.net is instant push.

gmail/Yahoo/AOL/MSN/Hotmail are near real-time push.

Pretty much everything else that is set up through BIS works like this:

Email is checked at 15 minute intervals, if mail is found, it it pushed to the BB. Once email is found, BIS will check for more mail every 3 minutes for 15 minutes. If more mail is found during one of the 3 minute checks, the mail is pushed to the BB and a new set of 5 3 minute intervals are started.

This continues until there is no mail found for 15 minutes. At which time BIS goes back to checking once every 15 mins.
    Last edited by chrisb; 02-20-09 at 10:55 AM.
    02-20-09 10:22 AM
    WOW! That is some good info!

I have three pop accounts configured and one I set up with the url of my companies Outlook Web Access portal.

I will test what you wrote above and see if I am still having issues.

I could have sworn it worked faster before the .103 upgrade. But then again what do I know... I am a newbie!!

Thanks for the help.
    02-20-09 10:40 AM
    Personally, I don't understand the fascination with push email... there is almost NOBODY in the world important enough that an email can't wait 10 minutes to be read. (Anything that critical is deserving of a phone call.)

I didn't have push on Windows Mobile, and was perfectly happy without it... I think it is more of an addiction to being connected than an actual need or convenience, and IMO that is kind of sad.
    02-20-09 01:08 PM
    Hi ChrisB... I still have the issue. No biggie I just don't like getting emails 10 - 20 minutes late.
    02-20-09 03:02 PM
    Personally, I don't understand the fascination with push email... there is almost NOBODY in the world important enough that an email can't wait 10 minutes to be read. (Anything that critical is deserving of a phone call.)

I didn't have push on Windows Mobile, and was perfectly happy without it... I think it is more of an addiction to being connected than an actual need or convenience, and IMO that is kind of sad.
    i'm not saying i'm important or anything...but I get A LOT of emails on my office account by people who don't have my bb info for things like casting info... radio mixes... etc... when i'm in the club...promoters and club owners send the messages over to me..it's just easier than a phone call...i can communicate in real time...which is what the bb was meant to be..a mobile one stop solution for communications....

and just last week i was heading into an audition...parking the car about ready to head into the building...agent sent a message: audition pushed to a different time....
    wouldn't look real prof. if i had walked in and didn't have quality communication with my agent about stuff that's pretty much pertinent...
    record promoters for labels have something called:
    BDS real time... when radio mixers are on the air...they have it setup so that they're notified if their songs are played during the bds/mediabase sweep of the stations.... the entertainment industry THRIVES off of BIS and BES

and i setup my pop accounts and they come pretty much in real time... most of the time i'll get them on my bb before they even show up on my office comp since outlook checks every 1 minute for emails.....
    02-20-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD