I updated to the new official .148 from the .141 this morning and have been having some problems. Originally I was unable to send emails but that was resolved after I deleted my account and re-created it. Now my problem is it is taking much longer than normal to receive emails (hotmail account) and they are only going into my "messages" folder, not my hotmail account folder. The problem with that is I can not delete them on the handheld and my mailbox. Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this?
    06-01-09 02:27 PM
    I updated to the new official .148 from the .141 this morning and have been having some problems. Originally I was unable to send emails but that was resolved after I deleted my account and re-created it. Now my problem is it is taking much longer than normal to receive emails (hotmail account) and they are only going into my "messages" folder, not my hotmail account folder. The problem with that is I can not delete them on the handheld and my mailbox. Anyone know what I might be able to do to fix this?
    06-01-09 02:29 PM
    Sorry if this sounds dumb but how/where do I log into the BIS site?
    06-01-09 02:33 PM
    If you originally set your emails up on your device and didn't set up a user name and password for BIS, you will need to do that now. Go to your Setup folder, open up the Email Settings icon. When the main screen comes up, press the BB/Menu button and click on Create Account. Here you can set up a user name and password for BIS.

The BIS website is here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en.
    06-01-09 02:35 PM
    If you originally set your emails up on your device and didn't set up a user name and password for BIS, you will need to do that now. Go to your Setup folder, open up the Email Settings icon. When the main screen comes up, press the BB/Menu button and click on Create Account. Here you can set up a user name and password for BIS.

The BIS website is here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en.
    For some reason my phone will not connect to my email settings. I logged into that the bis site and it said I already had an account. When I then tried to reset my password it said it was sent to my BB but I didnt get anything. I guess at this point I have to call Verizon? Sucks that I dont have another phone....
    Last edited by smokedog03; 06-01-09 at 03:07 PM.
    06-01-09 03:00 PM
    You might also need to resend your service books
    06-01-09 03:28 PM
    ...I cannot delete them on the handheld and my mailbox.
    Case u haven't done already:

Messages > menu > options > email reconciliation > delete on > mailbox & handheld.
    06-01-09 03:37 PM
    I have noticed my emails are taking MUCH longer than previously to be delivered. I assume this has to do with the patch going out to the masses.

Previously my IMAP personal email would get messages within 20 seconds of them being sent. It's now taking ~15 minutes.
    06-01-09 03:41 PM

Messages > menu > options > email reconciliation > delete on > mailbox & handheld.
    Actually, that will automatically delete them from both the mailbox and the handheld. If the OP wants the option to either delete only on the handheld, or to delete them on the handheld and the mailbox, that setting needs to be "Prompt".
    06-01-09 03:42 PM

Idont even have that option. It just shows my email account and thats it.
    06-01-09 04:05 PM
    Guess isn't on .148. Sorry. Haven't done update yet.
    06-01-09 04:13 PM
    Yea, Im having email issues too. I sent emails to myself from my laptop to my gmail account thats connected to my BB, and I still havent gotten it or the other emails I have waiting.
    06-01-09 04:16 PM
    i did a battery pull and resent service books a bunch of times on my bros storm...still nothing
    06-01-09 04:19 PM
    I had the same problem. I called verizon tech support and had them re-upload my service book. Email is now working good.
    06-01-09 04:20 PM
    there is a stall on the servers end ... there is another thread on here discussing this.
    06-01-09 04:27 PM
    For some reason my phone will not connect to my email settings. I logged into that the bis site and it said I already had an account. When I then tried to reset my password it said it was sent to my BB but I didnt get anything. I guess at this point I have to call Verizon? Sucks that I dont have another phone....
    I am having the same issue...

How can I obtain the message if it's not getting to my device? Any suggestions?

edit - my software is .75. I tried to upgrade and my phone died. VZ provided me with a new one today.
    06-01-09 04:33 PM
    I had the same problem. I called verizon tech support and had them re-upload my service book. Email is now working good.
    The wait time is brutal to get tech support.
    06-01-09 04:41 PM
    anyone know how to re-load the service books? Can we do this ourselves and not wait for tech support?
    06-01-09 05:29 PM
    Just reloaded my OS and email settings are nowhere to be found...resent service books from both my phone and online but nothing.

No options, and can't connect to the BIS server through my phone. Glad to see I'm not the only one having the issue.
    06-01-09 05:33 PM
    RIM is having problems right now. Don't expect any email or browser functions until it is fixed. This is not a provider problem but a RIM problem.
    06-01-09 05:38 PM
    thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on this
    06-01-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD