Anyone know anything about the Verizon server being down? I was able to receive my emails this morning but, I haven't got any new emails on my storm (Laptop Only) for a few hours. I resent the service books to my phone and was able to receive them, however I did a few test emails and I never got them. Is this a storm issue or a Verizon issue?
    04-04-09 03:43 PM
    Im getting emails, Im also on BES so Im not sure if that would make a difference in the issue your having.
    04-04-09 03:46 PM
    Same, but I just found out Comcast mail server is down...
    04-04-09 04:11 PM
    I'm thinking it might be a gmail issue.
    04-04-09 04:17 PM
    Thanks I was wondering BB kept wanting my comcast email password.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 04:21 PM
    Yes i am a comcast rep, the mail servers went down at 7:40 am this morning and was restored around 5:30 tonight. Hope that clears up any issues you guys had regarding comcast email.
    04-04-09 04:58 PM
    Comcast email servers had been down, but are now coming back online.
    If your BB is wanting a password verification, hang tight.

I am beginning to wonder if Comcast failed to heed the warninga about that virus was was supposed to strike on April 1...
    04-04-09 05:12 PM

I am beginning to wonder if Comcast failed to heed the warninga about that virus was was supposed to strike on April 1...
    The issue had nothing to do with the worm. The data center in Pensylvania experianced power issues and about half of the servers did not come back up. Thought i would clarify that. jeeze i feel like this is a comcast board lol.
    04-04-09 06:43 PM
    Yeah, I finally resolved my Comcast issue about an hour and a half ago.
    04-04-09 07:06 PM
    So that means you shouldn't give the password? Does anyone know? I'm still not receiving any comcast email to my BB and I have NOT given my password (thought it was a scam)....
    04-04-09 09:09 PM

So this is why I've been having such troubles with my comcast e-mail on my storm. Everytime i try to validate this comcast e-mail address I get "cannot connect to account e-mail." Phew, I thought it was a problem with verizon.
    04-04-09 09:15 PM
    i get a message saying need to verify password so i do and still no email to my bb should have checked crackberry earlyer anyway now when i send a test email to the comcast email that i share between bb and cpu i get none on bb and 2 on cpu im a dummy when it comes to tech stuff ( and spelling lol) help me out
    04-04-09 09:52 PM
    so this is what happened to me today! i got the email this morning about the password and everytime I tried to validate it it kept saying the password was invalid. finally went into my local verizon and the guy called the "data center"? and they got it fixed i think
    04-04-09 09:54 PM
    I am still having issues. I sent a test email from my laptop and still not showing up on my storm. I went to email settings and it says that my comcast acount is an invalid account and to please vailidate.
    I also got a lot of undelivered messages on my laptop email in different languages today. Very strange. I would appreciate some help. I am realy going to need email access on my Storm tomorrow.
    04-04-09 10:47 PM
    i had the same issues. i just uninstalled outlook express and reinstalled. everything works fine now.
    04-04-09 10:59 PM
    how do I uninstall and reinstall outlook?
    04-04-09 11:18 PM
    just highlight outlook. then hit bb button delete. phone will restart. then reinstall
    04-04-09 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD