Okay, Well I have a Blackberry Storm 9530 with a local service provider called Pocket Smart Wireless... Unlimited Wireless - Pocket Communications. It's not with Verizon or Tmobile..

I have two problems.. One is I can't get my email set up.I only see an option that says "I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server." Then after clicking next i see, "Has your BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator provided you with an Enterprise Activation Password?"

I am not sure If I'm doing the right thing.. All I want is to be able to receive my email messages directly to my phone, without having to go through the browser and logging in to yahoo.com and checking that way...

Another problem is the Instant Messaging. I know BlackBerry Messenger does NOT work with this service provider. I have also tried Windows Live messenger and I get some type of error when I try to sign on. The only thing I can use is Web and Mobile Messenger for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, Google Talk, Facebook | eBuddy and logging in from there, but it is really annoying, difficult to use, and takes forever...

If anybody can help me out, please let me know.. I'll be patient..

Thank you in advanced.
    -Carlos
    01-01-10 01:51 PM
    All these services or anything data related will require a BIS Plan. Without this it will not work.
    01-01-10 02:13 PM
    Can you please explain briefly was a BIS plan is? I'm sorry. I'm a total noob.
    01-01-10 04:20 PM
    BlackBerrys don't use internet access like other phones. RIM maintains their own network which provides BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). Your e-mail and other data services are routed to the phone via BIS. When switching to a different phone carrier, you need to subscribe to a BlackBerry Plan (BIS) along with voice service.
    01-01-10 04:34 PM
    BlackBerrys don't use internet access like other phones. RIM maintains their own network which provides BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). Your e-mail and other data services are routed to the phone via BIS. When switching to a different phone carrier, you need to subscribe to a BlackBerry Plan (BIS) along with voice service.

Okay i gotcha! Thanks!

It means im screwed because my SP doesnt have a BIS plan. lol.
    01-01-10 11:56 PM
    Hey carlos I aalso haave a storm with pocket...I have the same problem if u find out someething let me know man...thanks! -jorge.
    Okay i gotcha! Thanks!

It means im screwed because my SP doesnt have a BIS plan. lol.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 10:23 PM
    Hey carlos I aalso haave a storm with pocket...I have the same problem if u find out someething let me know man...thanks! -jorge.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sure will buddy
    04-29-10 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD