i posted earlier about this but still not resolved. maybe i can explain it differently.
    The gmail accnt that i'd like to use for other apps and functions on my BB doesnt show as an option in the pulldown menu when offered. It is however tied to the folder on the main screen...? I cant seem to "disconnect" this email from this main folder as i'd like to use it for other functions. any suggestions? thanks for the help.
    11-13-09 07:17 AM
    What happens if you go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Are you able to set the Gmail account as your default messaging account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 07:33 AM
    What happens if you go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services. Are you able to set the Gmail account as your default messaging account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think this is the opposite of what he wants. He was this email account not to show up in messages but be able to use it for other stuff? I'm guessing apps and whatnot.

If this is the case i am not sure how that would be possible.
    11-13-09 08:40 AM
    I think this is the opposite of what he wants. He was this email account not to show up in messages but be able to use it for other stuff? I'm guessing apps and whatnot.

If this is the case i am not sure how that would be possible.
    DC, your exactly right. i would like to use it for other applications. i don't want it to be my default "message" icon. I just want this email to have its own icon like the rest of my emails... i know i'm dumbing it down, but i dont know how else to explain this. the verizon rep set this up the day i got the phone and now i cant dissable this email from the "all encompassing" message icon. and i cant use it for any other purposes.
    11-13-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD