I want to stop receiving emails I send out, sent back to me, so I read that I should set up a filter to stop receiving emails from my address. OK. However, I often send emails from my PC to my blackberry thru GMAIL, such as URLs, task lists, etc etc

What I am wondering is, if I set up a filter to remove all messages sent back to me, will this also remove the ability to intentionally send myself messages?
    01-06-09 10:21 AM
    Dunno.. but I know what you mean. it's another annoying thing.
    01-06-09 10:32 AM
    You set up two filters
    One with a specific subject that allows email to pass through, ie

Filter name: Test
    Apply filter when: "Subject" field"
    Contains: Whatever here
    Forward to Device

Second Filter
    Filter name: Test2
    Apply filter when: "From:"
    Contains: [email protected]
    Do not Forward to Device
    01-06-09 10:41 AM
    Keep in mind that when you send a message to yourself intentionally, the Subject field must be exact. if you use caps, use caps in the subject when sending it.
    01-06-09 10:43 AM
    Thanks.

I'm thinking of calling RIM Support to see if I can get an answer to this issue that involves some other feature beside Filters. If I find something I'll let you all know!
    01-06-09 10:47 AM
    Its a function of the catch all mailbox of gmail. Since both sent/received messages come into the same place that is why you get this issue. Other mail providers that dont have this catch all wont have the same issue. Its unlikely that RIM would have any other answer besides possibly a setting in Gmail itself.
    01-06-09 10:51 AM
    Its a function of the catch all mailbox of gmail. Since both sent/received messages come into the same place that is why you get this issue. Other mail providers that dont have this catch all wont have the same issue. Its unlikely that RIM would have any other answer besides possibly a setting in Gmail itself.
    Yeah, but don't all email providers have a "sent" box? How is GMAIL any different? Why should emails that get put into my GMAIL sent box be forwarded to me automatically? That doesn't happen when I send other people emails from my computer (obviously).
    01-06-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD