I know there are other threads out there about this but.... I am using BIS and a third party mail (network solutions). I am noticing anywhere from a 5-15 minute delay on getting email on my BB.

Other than setting up a BB email address and forwarding my email to it, is there any other way to get rid of the delay?

Thanks.
    01-28-09 09:30 AM
    I have delays as well. 5-10 mins. Not sure what causes it, but it's not an issue for me. Maybe it has something to do with how BB pushes email...
    01-28-09 11:00 AM
    I am having delays as long as an hour!!! I will get no email at all for an hour then suddenly I get tons all piling in at the same time! This is frustrating... if anyone has ideas for me I would love to hear them!!! I have resent service books numerous times and am considering having all my email forwarded to my @blackberry account...
    Any ideas? TIA
    01-29-09 11:26 AM
    It must be traffic. I once had a delay of 90 minutes, I know because I forwarded an e-mail from my friends house to my BB. But usually it can be anywhere from 1 minute to 30 minutes.
    01-29-09 11:29 AM
    ok well I just tried to set it up to forward my @live.com account to my @blackberry.net account in hopes my email might reach my BB quicker than the often 1 hour delay... but alas, live.com wouldn't allow it. They say I can only forward to a hotmail, msn, or other live account.
    I JUST changed my email address so I don't want to do it again, that would confuse people too much and then I wouldn't get any email LOL
    Any other bright ideas? Does it slow things down that much if I am roaming? Sometimes at home I roam...
    01-29-09 11:35 AM
    I'd like to know about this too. Is it OS related? I have read that if you delete the email accounts on the BIS and set them up again, that it might help. Any truth to that?
    02-28-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD