Please don't flame me. i DID search and couldn't find anything about this issue.

Since installing .103 and the first Today+ theme, I've been having issues with my email being delayed. It's still setup as IMAP for my gmail account, but it takes about 15 minutes for it to register on my phone.

I reverted back to the Zen theme and the issue still occurs. Plus, didn't search for this but as a side note, the email icon no longer has the red indicator with new messages only the messages icon shows the indicator.

Ideas on the delay? My computer Gmail Notifier is going off before my phone and up until now the phone indicator will go off first.

It's not set up as POP so what's the deal?
    02-26-09 08:55 AM
    I'm nearly certain that this is more of a RIM system issue than anything to do with your phone.

I'm guessing, though have nothing to support it, that RIM's push system is about at its limit with stronger than expected Storm sales. Combine that with economies the world over taking a beating, they're probably holding off on any major new system purchases to handle the additional load. They'll add just enough to keep things running smoothly, even if there's a bit of a delay.
    02-26-09 09:52 AM
    I'm nearly certain that this is more of a RIM system issue than anything to do with your phone.

I'm guessing, though have nothing to support it, that RIM's push system is about at its limit with stronger than expected Storm sales. Combine that with economies the world over taking a beating, they're probably holding off on any major new system purchases to handle the additional load. They'll add just enough to keep things running smoothly, even if there's a bit of a delay.
    that su.cks. Are you experiencing a delay too? It's only been within the last couple days. I would bet it's not OS related. I think you have a valid point.

How's your push been?
    02-26-09 01:54 PM
    Try the steps in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/gma...e-days-169917/

The steps posted on page 2 fixed it for me.

Here's the info:

If you're not on IMAP try setting it up this way instead of on BIS....it will transfer over to BIS afterwards. Again this may not be any different that setting up on BIS. I really have no idea, this is just the way I set it up origianlly and it was working fine for a couple months.....

I had problems using the above directions. The following directions worked for me:
    After making sure Gmail is set with IMAP enabled in your Gmail settings,
    On the blackberry, Select the Email Settings Icon and sign in.
    Select the ADD button.
    do NOT select Gmail. Instead, select OTHER.
    in the Email Address.. fill in a bogus email address (like a@b.com)
    in the Password field, fill in anything for a password
    Click Next.
    You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure…" Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
    Select Personal Email, then Next.
    In the 'Email Address:' field, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com').
    In the 'User Name:' Field, enter the portion of your email address before the "@" (i.e. don't include the @gmail.com)
    Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
    In the 'Email server:' field, enter 'imap.gmail.com,' then select Next.
    Click Next.
    You'll see "processing, please wait…" while it sets things up.
    If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
    You'll be brought back to the page showing your accounts. Select your Gmail account.
    scroll down, Fill in 'your name:' with how you want your name displayed. .
    check the box for synchronise deleted items between…
    Last edited by jackattacck; 02-26-09 at 02:43 PM.
    02-26-09 02:34 PM
    that su.cks. Are you experiencing a delay too? It's only been within the last couple days. I would bet it's not OS related. I think you have a valid point.

How's your push been?
    I don't get a whole lot of email in a day, but I have noticed that there's a good delay. There are a few similar threads out in the main Storm forum suggesting a number of possible fixes
    02-26-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD