I don't know if this matters in the fact but did anyone notice that there are to me a lot of Certificates with x next to them if you look under Advanced Security Options
    06-11-10 12:01 AM
    All of these theories aren't going very well.

I've had another little thread I started with all the procedures that I went through.

The guy's a noob to this but he has went through almost all the procedures, im now going back through a few with him but his current status is:

He HAS:
    Voice, SMS, BBM, EDGE, Web

He DOESNT have:
    MMS, Applications

What that problem would be is APN, so I'm waiting on a reply from him now cause I gave him some instructions to do.
    06-11-10 12:09 AM
    I don't know if this matters in the fact but did anyone notice that there are to me a lot of Certificates with x next to them if you look under Advanced Security Options
    I looked in my adv options and I can't even find a certificates section. Maybe its just my version though.
    06-11-10 12:10 AM
    lol...what a noob myself...

Those certs have to do with the internet and web, thats all.

The only 2 certs that may have to do with phone service in general would be my Vodafone and Vodafone Operator Domain, those of which have green checks.

Some of my other ones however do have red X's

You guys should see if you have Verizon one's and see if they have X's. My phone would allow me to send cert's VIA; Pin and email if you guys want to try that...
    06-11-10 12:13 AM
    Mine shows EDGE but no internet. This sucks....my hrt are there and all the service books.
    double check your APN settings.

ensure the first box is checked
    2nd line reads: epc.tmobile.com

2nd box is unchecked
    and there is no username and password

also try using both browsers. I've found that sometimes my T-Mobile works while the T-Zones wont and vica versa
    06-11-10 12:16 AM
    im confused about the whole certificate thing
    06-11-10 01:36 AM
    Skimmed through the forum here and didn't see any posts regarding anyone actually contacting T-mob to see if they are intentionally blocking it.

So I tweeted the link to the story on CB to @TMobile_USA asking them "really???" and they replied with the following...

"@lesbox It's not intentional. We're looking into what happened so we can get that fixed up! ^PC"

"twitter.com/TMobile_USA/status/15907584986"

So it looks like its not on Tmob's shoulders..

RIM? Verizon?... I wonder.

I have a Storm on US Cellular... lets hope this doesn't spread...
    Last edited by cosmo.lesbox; 06-11-10 at 01:54 AM.
    06-11-10 01:50 AM
    its not just the storm my tour dats unlocked on tmobile has lower case edge too....been like dis since wedsnday
    06-11-10 02:01 AM
    wednesday of last week or wed as in yesterday?
    06-11-10 02:27 AM
    Please don't blow up my inbox but I thought you all should know this.. I work for T-Mobile BlackBerry and PDA support and it is a known issue at the moment for all unsupported blackberrys on T-Mobiles Network. No reason yet to why but we are looking into it. Other unsupported phones that are unlocked ie, windows mobile devices and other smart phones are working just fine.. This is strictly all blackberry devices.
    06-11-10 02:32 AM
    Someone needs to start asking some questions of RIM... and damn fast. verizon has no motive for doing this, and neither does tmobile. T mobile makes a lot of money off of their plan subscriptions, as well they should, I mean, they have the best pricing and the best coverage nationwide. I've NEVER..and I mean NEVER had a signal loss issue unless I was in some rural areas of the united states... and if I'm in a rural area, the LAST thing I want on is my cellphone if you know what I'm saying. There has to be SOMETHING with the service books / provisioning that RIM changed that they NEED to tell Tmobile / ATT what have you about to get those phones up and running, I mean holding out and not sharing information is only going to get companies shot in the foot when people get pissed!

I look at it this way. RIM knows the phone is unlockable. NOT giving TMO the power to help it's customers USE THE DEVICES THEY WANT is stupid. I mean seriously, RIM gets the money anyway no matter which carrier we bought the phone from.
    06-11-10 03:03 AM
    Someone needs to start asking some questions of RIM... and damn fast. verizon has no motive for doing this, and neither does tmobile. T mobile makes a lot of money off of their plan subscriptions, as well they should, I mean, they have the best pricing and the best coverage nationwide. I've NEVER..and I mean NEVER had a signal loss issue unless I was in some rural areas of the united states... and if I'm in a rural area, the LAST thing I want on is my cellphone if you know what I'm saying. There has to be SOMETHING with the service books / provisioning that RIM changed that they NEED to tell Tmobile / ATT what have you about to get those phones up and running, I mean holding out and not sharing information is only going to get companies shot in the foot when people get pissed!

I look at it this way. RIM knows the phone is unlockable. NOT giving TMO the power to help it's customers USE THE DEVICES THEY WANT is stupid. I mean seriously, RIM gets the money anyway no matter which carrier we bought the phone from.
    You know, I really do not understand why you jump to the RIM conspiracy. I think you'd be better off to assuming it's a transient technical glitch at T-Mobile. If you want to see evil RIM agents infiltrating T-Mobile just to make blackberries look bad as part of a diabolical plot, then there's really not much anyone can say to convince you otherwise.

I don't know what you mean by the reference to rural areas. Are you saying that you don't want to be caught up in technology when you visit the non-urban areas so you're free to revel and wonder in all the natural beauty, or are you worried the phone will get stepped on by a broody mule or get dropped into a cow pie?
    06-11-10 07:57 AM
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile. Apparently, they've opened a master service ticket with RIM. The issue is affecting all unsupported Blackberry devices on T-Mobile's network. They are also blaming Verizon for putting some kind of lock on the devices.

According to T-Mobile, the issue began on June 9th and has been sporadic. The data on my Storm 2 stopped working yesterday. If you have an unsupported device, it's probably only a matter of time until it stops working.

No resolution at this point, but the T-Mobile rep seemed to think it would be 72 hours. Not sure why.

Back to my Pearl...
    Last edited by jasoncol01; 06-11-10 at 09:41 AM.
    06-11-10 09:39 AM
    I just got off the phone with T-Mobile. Apparently, they've opened a master service ticket with RIM. The issue is affecting all unsupported Blackberry devices on T-Mobile's network. They are also blaming Verizon for putting some kind of lock on the devices.

According to T-Mobile, the issue began on June 9th and has been sporadic. The data on my Storm 2 stopped working yesterday. If you have an unsupported device, it's probably only a matter of time until it stops working.

No resolution at this point, but the T-Mobile rep seemed to think it would be 72 hours. Not sure why.
    I bet mine won't stop working

I love it how the conspiracy theories continue!
    06-11-10 09:42 AM
    Knock on wood, but mine is working perfectly so far today.
    06-11-10 10:08 AM
    I'm sure it's just a temporary bis issue. Verizon have no reason to get these phones blocked, they provided a lot of the unlock codes themselves I'm sure. Mine was unlocked by them. Why would they open themselves up to that liability? My storm did have issues but has worked perfectly for the last two days now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:57 PM

I have to agree with you.. I've never lost a call since joining T-mobile with my Storm 2 as apposed to every call while I was using it with verizon. I had a TMO rep transfer me thru to RIM and according to their computers I was a BES subscriber instead of BIS so maybe that has something to do with it??????
    06-11-10 01:16 PM
    Several hours ago I suggested it might help if users could post some clues form the history of their phones, and try to get an indication if they might have been blacklisted. Others have suggested it could be linked to APN in the HRT. However, all those with problems are just throwing tantrums about it and doing nothing to help themselves.

ISTM there are 2 leading theories, and either could be the cause.
    (a) PIN locked for bad ESN - probably on the request of the original provider.
    (b) HRT update pushed by Verizon. (But Verizon's HRT should only be pushed to phones active on Verizon's system - maybe a bug there)

You are the only people with eyes on the phone and the evidence to locate the problem. Instead of whining and demanding someone else fixes it, try collating enough information to identify the problem so someone can help you fix it.
    Storm 2 (9950) Purchased from vezion w/new contract
    Feb '10 broke contract in April '10
    Operating as Unlocked (Got code from verizon in april) Since Middle of April 2010
    06-11-10 01:31 PM
    Storm 2 (9950) Purchased from vezion w/new contract
    Feb '10 broke contract in April '10
    Operating as Unlocked (Got code from verizon in april) Since Middle of April 2010
    I see you found a configuration issue at RIM. Is data working or not working now? And more to the point, did it fail around the same time as all the other victims, about 1 week ago?

The VZ unlock suggests your account status would be clear with Vz, and any ETF was paid or at least not flagged as delinquent.
    06-11-10 01:41 PM
    So here's my addition to this Tmobile outage nightmare we're all experiencing.

I have an unlocked 9530 on T-mobile and last Friday (7 days ago June 4th about 6pm) I lost all data services in my area. I could not get on the EDGE network. I have been calling T-mobile support every single day as I rely on DATA services for my work. After getting the run around from support, telling me I have to wait 48 hours for DATA services to be provisioned BACK onto my account, I finally get them to admit, after my 5th support call, that there is a global outage with all non T-mobile Blackberries.

When you call into support at 1-877-453-1304 ask them to check the status of their "interactive coverage map" and let them know that you have a Blackberry that can not get on the EDGE network.

I called today, 7 days later from my intial reporting of the outage to Tmobile and they still do not have any update to the ticket; or even an ETA on a fix.

I will be giving them another day before I head down to my radio shack and pickup an HTC evo. Screw Tmobile. I would suggest if you know anyone out there thinking of joining tmobile that stories like this will help them choose another carrier. I can't go 7 days without data services. I think that is unacceptable and they are not giving any details out on a time for a possible fix. That to me is not acceptable. This is the exact reason I am on Flex-pay...I can split from the crappy carrier whenever I want.

Avoid Tmobile.
    Last edited by tmobilehater; 06-11-10 at 02:06 PM.
    06-11-10 02:02 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my unlocked SPRINT 9650. Are you guys sure that this is specific to unlocked Verizon handsets?
    06-11-10 03:04 PM
    All we know for sure is that most/all reports are for CDMA devices. The majority of the reports relate to Storm (only distributed by Verizon) and a few for Tour of unknown origin.
    06-11-10 03:10 PM
    I see you found a configuration issue at RIM. Is data working or not working now? And more to the point, did it fail around the same time as all the other victims, about 1 week ago?

The VZ unlock suggests your account status would be clear with Vz, and any ETF was paid or at least not flagged as delinquent.
    Yes it failed around the same times as everyones else's did (Wednesday June 2 around 3:30 pm) I haven't been able to receive or use any data since then, also my internet icon disappears from my home screen.
    06-11-10 04:01 PM
    OK, thanks for the innfo. Hopefully others will jump in and between you all a few extra facts will emerge.

I know its frustrating. All you can do is share information and see what falls out.
    06-11-10 04:22 PM
    So here's my addition to this Tmobile outage nightmare we're all experiencing.

I have an unlocked 9530 on T-mobile and last Friday (7 days ago June 4th about 6pm) I lost all data services in my area. I could not get on the EDGE network. I have been calling T-mobile support every single day as I rely on DATA services for my work. After getting the run around from support, telling me I have to wait 48 hours for DATA services to be provisioned BACK onto my account, I finally get them to admit, after my 5th support call, that there is a global outage with all non T-mobile Blackberries.

When you call into support at 1-877-453-1304 ask them to check the status of their "interactive coverage map" and let them know that you have a Blackberry that can not get on the EDGE network.

I called today, 7 days later from my intial reporting of the outage to Tmobile and they still do not have any update to the ticket; or even an ETA on a fix.

I will be giving them another day before I head down to my radio shack and pickup an HTC evo. Screw Tmobile. I would suggest if you know anyone out there thinking of joining tmobile that stories like this will help them choose another carrier. I can't go 7 days without data services. I think that is unacceptable and they are not giving any details out on a time for a possible fix. That to me is not acceptable. This is the exact reason I am on Flex-pay...I can split from the crappy carrier whenever I want.

Avoid Tmobile.
    Just an FYI, but this isn't really anything to blame T-Mobile as a carrier for. RIM controls the service coverage for ALL Blackberries on ALL carriers. If something breaks on their end (either intentional or not) your data services will not work. It's hard to say if this is something of a deliberate change for just T-Mobile by RIM (at either companies request) or if it's just a "broken system" scenario for T-Mobile. however, one this is MOST CERTAIN. When ti comes to BB service and availability, the carriers don't do anything about it. It's all in RIM's hands and whenever there's an outage that affects a single carrier or all of them around the country/globe, it's RIM's fault and not the carrier's. Just keep that in mind.

All in all, I'm not telling you to switch handsets or carriers, just telling you that with a BB this is the sort of stuff you run into. It's because of the additional BB services coverage that MUST be provisioned to the handsets. It's not just carrier data that must be available/provisioned for the handset to work, it's RIM's side of things as well. This is why BB kinda blows sometimes... issues such as this one.
    06-11-10 05:45 PM
1,089 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD