umm.. i don't mean to be a ****, but you are using a service that is not provided for that phone, your BB's are hacked/jailbroked/cracked, as soon as you hack your phone and insert that tmobile sim card that does not belong in that phone, any issues from there on in is your problem and no one elses...

Hacked phone w/ wrong service provider = no tmobile support

now of course we understand if this is not fixed, tmobile will lose alot of money and customers who are on these hacked phones with tmobile service..

This is what you all opted in for when you cracked your berry and choose tmobile... just because it worked then, does not mean its going to continue to work..
    I disagree 100%. No one here cracked, hacked, or as you say "jailbroked" anything. Your post is ignorant of the facts. All people did here was unlock the phone for usage on a GSM network. When someone goes overseas with a world phone (like the Storm), and uses it on a GSM network, it's no different than what people in this thread are doing.

I have an unlocked Tour that my girlfriend is using on TMO right now. When I called customer support, I got all the help I needed even though it wasn't a TMO phone. Her Tour still works flawlessly on the network (phone, MMS, email, data, browser, etc.). So this is a network issue, not TMO banning unlocked phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 10:21 AM
    What the he11, dropped by CB to see whats new, started reading this thread and lost my damn internet.

In Va. on a 9530...This sucks!!!

Update: Did a pull and pray and all is good.

Hmmm... Wonder why it happened while visiting this site, everything was fine till then. I was even going to post zero issues for myself.

O WELL
    Last edited by ROCKN556; 06-10-10 at 10:40 AM.
    06-10-10 10:25 AM
    Settle down Mike!
    06-10-10 10:33 AM
    I just switched to Sprint for the Evo 4G from tmo with the 9700:-P Any one want to purchase a slightly used unlocked 9700? Since they are blocking your Storms now, you'll have 3G!

Posted from my Evo 4G
    06-10-10 10:36 AM
    I've had this issue a few months back. I tried the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 both which were unlocked. Same problem with the Tour 9630 that was unlocked.

The devices kept going to lower case "edge," when I'd try to initiate a data session whether it be the web browser or an application.

I spent 2 hours of my life one night getting bounced between T-Mobile tech support and RIM, endless battery pulls, host routing table registrations, device wipes etc..... Nothing would solve my problems so I just gave up.

I didn't know that people were just discovering this now. I thought it was a known issue and/or that certain firmware inside the CDMA first devices were causing this.
    06-10-10 10:41 AM
    Is this issue limited to the Storm 1 or is the Storm 2 included as well?

06-10-10 10:41 AM
    Even though my phone is euro, im on the same freq's right?
    AND THE 2G FREQUENCIES THE PHONE USES! I just had a thought come to me... They had a BIG network outage last friday (when I noticed everything not working.) I called and they confirmed the outage. What if... when they restored things, or heavens forbid, did an upgrade, they may have sort of accidentally (on purpose) blocked out our frequencies from accessing the networking, taking a gamble that most of use users have US versions of the unlocked phones and not the international???
    It's not the frequency allocations. A 9530 running on TMo (GSM) uses exactly the same frequencies as 8900, and we are not hearing problems from 8900 users.

I've had this issue a few months back. I tried the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 both which were unlocked. Same problem with the Tour 9630 that was unlocked.

The devices kept going to lower case "edge," when I'd try to initiate a data session whether it be the web browser or an application.

I spent 2 hours of my life one night getting bounced between T-Mobile tech support and RIM, endless battery pulls, host routing table registrations, device wipes etc..... Nothing would solve my problems so I just gave up.

I didn't know that people were just discovering this now. I thought it was a known issue and/or that certain firmware inside the CDMA first devices were causing this.
    I think this might bring a clue but it is only a wild guess for now. Maybe its not just Storm 9530 having problems, maybe it is *all* ex-Verizon CDMA devices are getting blocked by TMo. It would be easy for TMo to identify them and disable BB data service, the PIN on a GSM device is 2xxxxxxx and on all CDMA capable devices it is 3xxxxxxx. USArmyJohn's signature tends to suport this - the PIN for his european sourced 9500 will be the 2* series and he shows his services as working.

We need more input from TMo-US users with unlocked Tour 9630 and/or european Storm 9500.
    06-10-10 10:55 AM
    Please report back about your results with the hybrid.....funny thing is that unlocked Storms on T-Mobile (when working) never did have a solid "EDGE" signal. Signal was always hunting from "EDGE" to "edge" back to "EDGE". I am still wondering if this has something to do with T-Mobile's HSPA upgrade.
    Now that's plausible... Been having issues with my 9700 at home. Tried my 9550 and it works.

06-10-10 10:58 AM
    This is obviously tmobiles problem/fault..I dont understand how tmobile cant fix something they did!!!
    T-mobile's fault/problem? You people are using an UNSUPPORTED phone on a network that was never designed for the device.

You're not even funny; you're hypocritical.

Grow up and act like you have some sense [common sense].
    06-10-10 11:06 AM
    Out here in south africa with my tour 9630 on vodacom(south african network). Has been working great for tha past year untill last week.

On reboot my hrt and provision defaults to verzion and disconnects from the bis/bes network. The only way to get back to vodacom is to wipe the device and reregister on blackberry network.

An solutions to fix it ?
    06-10-10 11:06 AM
    Hey I'm here in Wichita,KS an I haven't had a problem with my service with Tom but I have notice that the EDGE hadn't showed up I just see it in lower case I hope I don't have to switch services browser still working tho an I keep getting spam E mails so I guess email still working

06-10-10 11:14 AM
    yes this happen to me starting 9 days ago with my blackberry 9630 was on the phone for almost 2 days with tmobile and rim so yesterday i gave up and got a 9700 for free from a friend that works at tmobile thank god for that
    06-10-10 11:45 AM
    I predict within the next coming weeks we're going to see a surge in Storm 1 & 2 for sale ads......
    06-10-10 11:49 AM
    I have unlocked storm with VZW and i have a t-mobile account as well, ive used my storm on my t-mobile service before with no problems at all. A few days ago i tried using my storm with T-mobile and it was not workin, i wasnt able to register the phone to the network. Needless to say i had no web, access to apps and such, i called technical support and they said that they dont support this phone and that there is nothing they can do.

Im in northwest suburbs of chicago and ive helps customers with this same issue (i work at a retail t-mobile store) and ive had no luck.

not really sure whats goin onn
    06-10-10 11:51 AM
    I think this might bring a clue but it is only a wild guess for now. Maybe its not just Storm 9530 having problems, maybe it is *all* ex-Verizon CDMA devices are getting blocked by TMo. It would be easy for TMo to identify them and disable BB data service, the PIN on a GSM device is 2xxxxxxx and on all CDMA capable devices it is 3xxxxxxx. USArmyJohn's signature tends to suport this - the PIN for his european sourced 9500 will be the 2* series and he shows his services as working.
    No not *all* ex-Verizon CDMA devices are getting blocked by TMobile, Mine is working just fine.
    But let me correct this: *all reported lost or stolen, basically with BAD ESN AND PIN* ex-Verizon CDMA devices are getting blocked by TMobile.
    06-10-10 12:00 PM
    Is anyone's devices back up? I'm on my S2 and its EDGE....

06-10-10 12:04 PM
    Wow, so I'm in east metro MN and my storm 2 data reception was cut off on Friday the 4th, I called tmo and talked with all their tech support BB and was also with RIM tech support, this was all a 4 hour ordeal and none of them said anything about the storm being cut off from tmo for good. I went and bought the 9700 because there was nothing that could be done. Stupid pricks......I didn't know a lot of other people were having trouble, I guess I was too pissed to check the internet for help.

Last edited by jcorv58; 06-10-10 at 12:50 PM.
    06-10-10 12:46 PM
    Stupid pricks......
    Another hypocrite complaining that T-mo didn't provide them with support for a device that THEY DON'T SUPPORT!

Gotta love the irony.
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 06-10-10 at 01:02 PM.
    06-10-10 12:53 PM
    Another hypocrite complaining that T-mo didn't provide them with support for a device that THE DON'T SUPPORT!

Gotta love the irony.
    Considering 1: that they were the ones that provided me with support the first time I got the storm and that it worked all this time, 2: I could have possibly been calling them pricks for keeping me on the phone for 4 hours to try everything and not bother to let me know they aren't going to support the phone anymore....people like you is the reason I visit this site for only the headlines and never the forums, I suppose an ***** like you would ask " gee, why did you come to the forums now?"
    06-10-10 01:00 PM
    have basically the same story as everyone else in this situation as of early this morning. Unlocked 9550, T-Mobile service, lower case edge only, blah blah blah. Went through with calling customer service to be connected with rim then back to t-mobile. As far as the 8800 being selected on the my-tmobile website, before all of this I had chosen the 9700 to be my phone. Just to have a picture there. So I don't know why that would be a major factor/tactic of a t-mobile rep to suggest that. And when he suggested me to a CrackBerry link, I was thinking to myself, "What did I even call you for?" Anyhoo, thats just my rant. Still no data. Evo is looking pretty lovely rite now.
    I work T-Mobile Blackberry support Dept. and i can tell you in all honesty to my knowledge we are not shutting down any storms...now since its not at-mobile phone they give us no support or help for this device....they provide us with the configuration settings for the device Meaning setting the APN to EPS.Tmobile.com after that they tell us to tell the customer they are SOL...they Provide us no support for this device after that they tell us to transfer to RIM who never want to accept the call because its a non t-mobile phone...and the 8900 thins is also was we are instructed to do it's supposed to "trick" the phone into working...but the Tour 9630's service books are not compatible with T-mobiles network so this may be a similar issue but i don't think so
    Last edited by Pyrus; 06-10-10 at 01:04 PM.
    06-10-10 01:01 PM
    Hello,

My browser and email stopped working about 3 days ago and I spent almost a whole day on the phone with support, no help. They had me do everything including delete all my service books and now there is nothing in the host routing table. They finally said, we cant help. My phone is stuck on lower case edge and I cant get data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I have the exact same problem and have been offered the exact same solution by T-Mobile although it didn't work and I will probably call them back. This issue started two days ago June 8th. I can access my web browser off and on but cannot send or receive e-mails. Were you able to get any assistance? I don't see any viable answers in the post. Thanks. I have to admit I'm glad I'm not the only person going through this misery.
    06-10-10 01:01 PM
    Considering 1: that they were the ones that provided me with support the first time I got the storm and that it worked all this time, 2: I could have possibly been calling them pricks for keeping me on the phone for 4 hours to try everything and not bother to let me know they aren't going to support the phone anymore....people like you is the reason I visit this site for only the headlines and never the forums, I suppose an ***** like you would ask " gee, why did you come to the forums now?"
    Yeah, maybe you should have stayed away and saved us all the BS.
    06-10-10 01:03 PM
    My unlocked S2 started this yesterday. I don't think it's quite as bad as some but it is not very steady on EDGE. It spends more time on edge.

I'm in SE NC.
    06-10-10 01:07 PM
    My Storm 9530 is working fine... i never had EDGE just edge and it works.. OS 5.0.0.699 Its not a BAD ESN phone... I checked with Verizon before and it was Clean... So if it is a BAd ESN problem then theres nothing to fix that..I do sometimes have problems connecting to the Internet but i just Turn off the Connection and back on.. and it works.. I have no BIS Plan just basic my APN is Disabled got the Service Books from this Forum.... IF it is a Bad ESN causing the Problems then I guess the BIS verfies the PIN/ESN and if it comes up as stolen then its blocked i guess...
    06-10-10 01:08 PM
    I did this to my storm and it works fine...

Instructions below

Before You Begin:
    Your Storm must be unlocked. If it's not, I know someone who can unlock it. Just contact me on here. You Need a T-Mobile SIM Card With An Active BlackBerry Data Plan Desk Top Manager 4.6 or Higher installed. This is the disc that came with your phone or can be downloaded HERE

What You Need:
    Download and install CrackUtil to your PC
    CrackUtil.zip
    (you will need a crackberry account to download this, it takes 2 min to register) or you can try to go find this file elsewhere but this is a guaranteed safe download

SPECIAL CRACKUTIL INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS.
    For Microsoft Vista, an additional step is needed after installation on all versions. Right click on the CrackUtil icon and scroll to Properties. Select Properties and then on the next panel, select Compatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation. Note the check in the Run this program as an administrator box. This only has to be done once. Thanks Pete6!

Please see attachments below for T-Mobile Service Books.

Download/Save the Service Books to your desktop, right click on the Zip file and select "Extract All". Inside is one .ipd file. You'll come back to it in Step 2.

STEP #1

Connect the Storm (and leave connected throughout the procedure) to pc and open CrackUtil. Enter your password if you use one. Select the File Manipulation Tab, then select Retrieve File Listing. Scroll down until you see the module net_rim_bb_browser_daemon Click on it and select "Remove File From Device".You will get a Grid Index Out of Range message at this point. That's normal, close CrackUtil. The Storm will be in the process of rebooting and may have an "Uncaught Exception Error" This is normal.

STEP #2

Now, Open Desktop Manager and go to Back up and Restore>Advanced. You will see the Storm's databases in the box on the right. Over the box on the left, select File>Open. Locate and Double click on the Service books .ipd file you downloaded and extracted earlier. They should now be in the left box. Single click to highlight them in the left box and hit the bottom of the two middle buttons to transfer them to the Storm. When that is done, return to the Main Menu, then close Desktop Manager.

STEP #3

Open CrackUtil. Go to the File Manipulation Tab, select Load File to Device A window will open containing the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module you removed. Double click on it to replace it. When thats done you can Exit CrackUtil. You can now disconnect from pc. The Storm will be in the process of rebooting.

You should have a Fully Functional Browser now. Resend your email service books from T-Mobileto restore your email. Also you need TCP configurations in Options>Advanced Options>TCP. APN should say wap.voicestream.com Nothing under user name or password.

If you are using an unlocked Verizon Storm and have "Activation Required" on your home screen or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the mobile directory number to your phone number and select save. The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number.

Hope this helps... let me know how it worked and contact me if you have any questions.
    06-10-10 01:15 PM
1,089 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD