Sounds like BS to me! Im more inclined to believe there is a failure in the network somewhere! Because money makes the world go round and i doubt any service provider would just shut us off when theres greenbacks to be made and if verizon is blocking our pins how would they do it without BB help so i doubt it! And if this was true it seems there would be some leak of this to the media or internet news site of some sort??
    06-09-10 08:49 PM
    again i agree and am not accepting the answer. i just dont want to buy another phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 08:52 PM
    They obviously provide service books causeMy storm has them. I think you guys are telling them you have storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 08:56 PM
    edcarter did you tell them you had a Storm?
    06-09-10 09:06 PM
    I told them I had a storm, and I said LOOK. I know the blackberry 8800 service books work for my phone. DO NOT refuse to help me, or your *** is going to be in a world of hurt. I don't care if you support my phone or not IT'S NOT MY PHONE THAT'S THE FING PROBLEM HERE... it's your f*ed up network! If they alienate us storm users, they're losing A LOT of money... and if that's the case I'll just go to verizon and t mo can suck my you know what. Because either way, we're ALL paying a $100 dollar phone bill, it just is going to be paid SOMEWHERE ELSE now and not to them!!!
    06-09-10 09:28 PM
    edcarter did you tell them you had a Storm?
    How does that matter? With the IMEI, cant they know that? I may be wrong, but there is something which tells the network we are on unlocked protocol. Otherwise, why this crappe all of a sudden?

Its better to wait it out for the next few days before we take any further steps. Are there any attorneys on this forum? LOL
    06-09-10 09:29 PM
    I think John has a 9500 and that's why he's not affected. I have a 9530 and no matter which OS I use, I get black balled. Not to mention his is a version from another country, and maybe he's sneaking past some port on t mo's firewall until they notice the worm hole and plug it. I will not spend money on the hd2. I would rather go to another phone company and get a way better phone than stick with t mo any more period! and if I go to verizon MAYBE just MAYBE my storm will work!!!
    Last edited by moonlitmagik; 06-09-10 at 09:34 PM.
    06-09-10 09:31 PM
    I told them I had a storm, and I said LOOK. I know the blackberry 8800 service books work for my phone. DO NOT refuse to help me, or your *** is going to be in a world of hurt. I don't care if you support my phone or not IT'S NOT MY PHONE THAT'S THE FING PROBLEM HERE... it's your f*ed up network! If they alienate us storm users, they're losing A LOT of money... and if that's the case I'll just go to verizon and t mo can suck my you know what. Because either way, we're ALL paying a $100 dollar phone bill, it just is going to be paid SOMEWHERE ELSE now and not to them!!!
    Going to another carrier is not a solution. They need to fix the mess they created when everything was working earlier.

How can we get this out to the media to make some noise of this crappe we are going through? I dont think they will like the negative publicity they will get from this. Thoughts?
    06-09-10 09:33 PM
    shoot an email to the dudes at Cnet?

send a massively large petition to tmobile urging them to get their heads out of their collective arses or they risk losing X amount of customers?? And maybe we can convince the Iphone kiddies to band with us too? I think we should have the right to use whatever device we want SINCE WE FREAKING PAID FOR IT AND THE SERVICE... They're getting themselves off the hook by repeating the same old "it's an unsupported phone GFY" routine. And for anybody that doesn't know what GFY means.....
    Last edited by moonlitmagik; 06-09-10 at 09:46 PM.
    06-09-10 09:38 PM
    I've already used the "Tip Us" option on this very website. I'm still not sure if they'll even consider posting this story though. It may not be "buzz worthy" enough for them. Everyone should do the same. Maybe even another site. Like Phonedog.com, BGR, or Engadget.
    06-09-10 09:52 PM
    I've already used the "Tip Us" option on this very website. I'm still not sure if they'll even consider posting this story though. It may not be "buzz worthy" enough for them. Everyone should do the same. Maybe even another site. Like Phonedog.com, BGR, or Engadget.
    You are right, everyone should do this. I did the 'Tip Us' part.
    06-09-10 10:05 PM
    I think this is pretty widespread also! and would think we would have more eyes on us from crackberry?
    Last edited by TheBigBadClown; 06-09-10 at 10:09 PM.
    06-09-10 10:06 PM
    I think John has a 9500 and that's why he's not affected. I have a 9530 and no matter which OS I use, I get black balled. Not to mention his is a version from another country, and maybe he's sneaking past some port on t mo's firewall until they notice the worm hole and plug it. I will not spend money on the hd2. I would rather go to another phone company and get a way better phone than stick with t mo any more period! and if I go to verizon MAYBE just MAYBE my storm will work!!!
    They know for a fact that Im operating an unlocked 9500 Storm. The last closing words I had with the person I talked to at Tier 2 support said...

"Yes, your HRT registered but not with an 8800 you have a Storm 9500"
    I then said, OK ma'am thats all I needed to know. Thanks have a good night. If they would have wanted all unlocked phones the lady would have tagged my account and blocked me right there.
    06-09-10 10:12 PM
    much agreed, we shouldn't have to be going through all this trouble to make our devices work on the service that WE pay for.
    06-09-10 10:15 PM
    They know for a fact that Im operating an unlocked 9500 Storm. The last closing words I had with the person I talked to at Tier 2 support said...

"Yes, your HRT registered but not with an 8800 you have a Storm 9500"
    I then said, OK ma'am thats all I needed to know. Thanks have a good night. If they would have wanted all unlocked phones the lady would have tagged my account and blocked me right there.
    I am guessing this might be the issue with all unlocked sets they do not support. The customer base may be huge for this.... not sure what their leadership is doing about all this. This is not a good sign for a future strategy.
    06-09-10 10:17 PM
    I think this is pretty widespread also! and would think we would have more eyes on us from crackberry?
    Post your comments to CNETs news editors. The more the emails, the widespread this will be for them to broadcast.
    06-09-10 10:22 PM
    YESSSSS!!@!!

Finally had to uninstall all blackberry software, reinstalled DM, reinstalled 5.0.0 software.

now currently using apploader to backup, remove some ****, but everything main said "update"

so we'll see what happens fellows!
    06-09-10 10:27 PM
    I'm on with tmobile right now telling them look i know for a fact this effecting more than just myself, there are tons of us on crackberry.com that are NOT HAPPY. I heard him mention something about "your phone isn't getting it's sub id". Wonder WHO is causing that problem?? Everything else is provisioning FINE on their side, but the sub id will NOT pop over. On hold waiting for them to get RIM on the line (again...) But usually they're just helpless....er USELESS i mean...
    06-09-10 10:29 PM
    and fellettes
    06-09-10 10:29 PM
    after i finish this update, even after I rebackup from my original back up of everything...im expecting to have to redo my APN, firewall and calling up these cacksuckers to determine if my HRT is registering with them ))
    06-09-10 10:31 PM
    am In Arizona verizon said there is no BB problem ! My email isn't working on my BB
    06-09-10 10:32 PM
    Waiting for device initialization and then restore device data...

im so excited!!
    06-09-10 10:33 PM
    If he's using verizon, and can't get his email... I'm leaning more towards RIM has an issue they don't know about.... or they know about and just don't want to fix... This is bull-issh! Keep sucking in that $35 dollars but don't provide support for your phones and these are the easiest ones on the market!!!
    06-09-10 10:34 PM
    am In Arizona verizon said there is no BB problem ! My email isn't working on my BB
    sorry bud but you don't fit anywhere is this conversation. Your problems or fixes can't help us.

You've got a locked BB, not Storm to mention...on a Verizon network.

Most of us are unlocked on T-Mobile. Actually I think thats everyone of these irate mothers...hahah
    06-09-10 10:35 PM
    omg, how is it that the people at rim don't have their tools open READY to take a call!!! OMG if I did that where I work at, it would be gonersville for me!
    06-09-10 10:37 PM
1,089 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD