Wow, I just checked it yesterday and it looks different today all of a sudden. Looks like a fix is in the works. Unfortunately for me my phone shows up as my 8320 curve and pin. I tried to Detect new device but no avail.

What area are you going in on the TMo site? I am under MANAGE and then phone. It just shows unknown device and will not let me choose or switch it.
    06-21-10 12:17 AM
    I just sold my storm on Ebay. Buh bye RIM! Still have my unlocked 8700 tho. Works fine. And it's an ATT phone originally. Wonder why it's working?
    06-21-10 02:14 AM
    I was told by T-Mobile that there is a "global outage" for all blackberries that are not T-Mobile branded. They said they've had this issue since June 9, but it's funny I only had trouble starting Friday. They said it was a temporary issue, they're working on it, but I tried switching by SIM card back to my Storm (from my T-Mobile branded Pearl) a few minutes ago, and it's still not working. T-Mobile even asked me why I liked the Storm (vs the Bold or Curve) and tried to get me to upgrade, which I may eventually have to do if they don't get this fixed!!! It's taking quite some time to get used to the Pearl again!
    06-21-10 09:44 AM
    It has been effecting different people at different times, which again, leads me to believe that RIM is blocking the devices manually as they enter the PIN's into their system one at a time. If it really was a "global outage" I'm pretty sure eveyone in the US would have gone offline at the same time just like all the other outages.

I was told by T-Mobile that there is a "global outage" for all blackberries that are not T-Mobile branded. They said they've had this issue since June 9, but it's funny I only had trouble starting Friday!
    06-21-10 10:55 AM
    It has been effecting different people at different times, which again, leads me to believe that RIM is blocking the devices manually as they enter the PIN's into their system one at a time. If it really was a "global outage" I'm pretty sure eveyone in the US would have gone offline at the same time just like all the other outages.

They told me it was only in certain areas. Are you having trouble with your curve?
    06-21-10 11:36 AM
    They told me it was only in certain areas. Are you having trouble with your curve?
    I have a 9700 and 8520, both t-mobile branded, that work perfectly. It's just the storm that affected. I'm using android at the moment though.
    06-21-10 12:07 PM
    Guess I'll upgrade to a Bold 9700, although I realllllly want my Storm back!!!
    06-21-10 01:11 PM
    YOU GOT THE HD2? Oh man.... Windows mobile sucks! you'll be wanting to take that phone back guaranteed....
    Windows mobile isn't that bad.. I agree it's not blackberry but since i'm not able to get blackberry now I'll go back to what I had before I discovered blackberry.
    06-21-10 01:44 PM
    I hope tmobile gets it resolved. I have a 9700, but I dont like it enough to stay with tmo.
    06-21-10 02:12 PM
    I'll stay with TMo (can't get as good of rate plans with any others, I've been with them 11+ years now) - but I sure don't like downgrading to the Pearl I had a couple of years ago after having the Storm.
    06-21-10 02:16 PM
    I dont really want to change, I've been with them over 10 yrs and have 5 phones on my plan, but at the same time paying less and having to use phones I dont like isnt worth it to me.

I definitely wont go to Verizon, but my unlocked storm will work fine on AT&T's network, and I would probably get the next gen Iphone and play with it till one of my kids talks me out of it.
    06-21-10 02:48 PM
    I've noticed some people are still able to get EDGE without internet, however mine is stuck on edge. If I select AT&T i dont get any service at all just SOS. Has anyone else experienced this?
    06-21-10 02:52 PM
    I've noticed some people are still able to get EDGE without internet, however mine is stuck on edge. If I select AT&T i dont get any service at all just SOS. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I did last night, in Chicago. No AT&T signal at all to try and provision off.
    06-21-10 03:02 PM
    I have a Sprint BB Tour 9600 that I was using on T-Mobile without any problems up until June 3rd when I completely lost EDGE. I'm now stuck on edge like the rest of you guys. Just figured I'd post this since I haven't seen many people Sprint or Tour phones on this message board, but I am having the same problems as the rest of you guys.

I was thinking of going down to AT&T later today and seeing if I switch to there service if that will get it up and running. Has anyone actually tried doing this?
    Last edited by jwall12; 06-21-10 at 03:18 PM.
    06-21-10 03:03 PM
    Please people as you run inside those stores don't give away your position make those companies that you suspect are doing this to your beloved Storms work hard to keep your business! Don't let them see you crying for a new phone remember the economy has got them on the run and you are on the move! Ask to speak to the manager and tell him you slice a few bucks off that phone and I'll stay with your company and call up the main office and tell them you are the greatest sales manager in the whole world and if he don't wanna budge you know the routine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 04:00 PM
    So is there basically no fix for this problem?
    06-21-10 04:56 PM
    I have contacted T-mobile today and was informed by their blackberry support group that the issue has been closed out as resolved. I spoke to Jeremy and Melanie in blackberry support with T-Mobile and was even transferred to RIM. No fix will take place as Verizon has the right to expire service books and have chosen to do so. RIM claims that only a provider for which the phone is supported allows the BIS to work. RIm claims T-mobile does not have "the software" for the phone to function. According to Jeremy and Melanie at T-mobile, T-mobile has decided that they will not support the Tour, Storm 1 or 2. When I inquired as to why the phone worked on another GSM carrier (USA-Comnet) both RIM and T-mobile could not explain. So I guess the fact of the matter is ...unlocked blackberries (Tour, Storm 1 and 2 ) owners are screwed. I think this is complete B***S**T!
    06-21-10 05:06 PM
    I was able to get my phone working again by hitting off another provider's towers. Note that I didn't switch it in the phone, I simply stumbled onto a fix while I was on the road yesterday.

If you are able to get to another area quickly where you use any other provider's towers the data will provision again. From that point, while you're on the other towers, have the service books resent to your phone and voila--all works again. Until a permanent fix is put in place do not power cycle your phone and there shouldn't be a problem.
    06-21-10 05:15 PM
    So had an idea...if service books are what are needed and the phones worked on non T-mobile networks while roaming....why not create service books for the unlocked phones. I found a program that allows you to manipulate service books. Why can't we just do that? My phone worked just fine when I roamed on USA-Comnet?
    06-21-10 05:37 PM
    No update/solution from T-mobile. Looks like they have closed their ticket with RIM and they are not supporting these phones. My 9530 no longer works on their network. I have left T-mobile/RIM for good for this and I will never return. Screw BB!
    06-21-10 06:38 PM
    Windows mobile isn't that bad.. I agree it's not blackberry but since i'm not able to get blackberry now I'll go back to what I had before I discovered blackberry.
    Yea right... Windows Mobile reminds me of Windows XP with a shiny screen. I had a chance to test drive a Droid and it's the bomb! Way better phone than Windows

Last edited by Black Ice; 06-21-10 at 06:51 PM.
    06-21-10 06:40 PM
    I have contacted T-mobile today and was informed by their blackberry support group that the issue has been closed out as resolved. I spoke to Jeremy and Melanie in blackberry support with T-Mobile and was even transferred to RIM. No fix will take place as Verizon has the right to expire service books and have chosen to do so. RIM claims that only a provider for which the phone is supported allows the BIS to work. RIm claims T-mobile does not have "the software" for the phone to function. According to Jeremy and Melanie at T-mobile, T-mobile has decided that they will not support the Tour, Storm 1 or 2. When I inquired as to why the phone worked on another GSM carrier (USA-Comnet) both RIM and T-mobile could not explain. So I guess the fact of the matter is ...unlocked blackberries (Tour, Storm 1 and 2 ) owners are screwed. I think this is complete B***S**T!
    Thanks for the update. You have summed up my entire 3 week experience with Tmobile/RIM support right there. It worked before just fine, now my Storm 1 does not work and the lame Tmobile support rep gave me the "buy a tmobile supported phone" crap. I hung up and will be canceling my Tmobile service very soon.
    06-21-10 06:42 PM
    No update/solution from T-mobile. Looks like they have closed their ticket with RIM and they are not supporting these phones. My 9530 no longer works on their network. I have left T-mobile/RIM for good for this and I will never return. Screw BB!
    That's sad I might just fallow you out the T-Mobile door too! Sorta like a protest like unions do. I been debating on should I stay or should I go and the slow data they have is not really worth it to me as a backup for the Non Verizion areas.
    They are nice folks it's the slow data that irritates me is all.

06-21-10 06:47 PM
    So that's it then we have zero support from T-Mobile ...I really can't believe it! Now if anyone can hack the service books please do so!
    06-21-10 07:13 PM
    So that's it then we have zero support from T-Mobile really can't believe it! Now if anyone can hack the service books please do so!
    06-21-10 07:15 PM
1,089 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD