sounds like you 2 should probably reload the old software that you were most recently on, before you did the update
    06-08-10 09:43 PM
    hmm...which one can I do from my awesome storm while I smoke?

lol
    yahoo if u get it put on there.. lol
    06-08-10 09:44 PM
    Amazon you can upgrade or downgrade os from your pc manually!
    lol....it shouldnt be so much of a question as..."can you" but...

with Desktop manager, it doesnt discriminate based on what version, or if you have service or not, it will do what you tell it.
    06-08-10 09:44 PM
    Amazon you can upgrade or downgrade os from your pc manually!
    quite aware of that thanks been doin it for awhile.. twice today, somewhere aroud 4 yesterday. Not to mention setting it on tmobile on my own in the first place back n december...
    06-08-10 09:46 PM
    Yea i believe that this is all on the t-mobile side this is the third time ive logged onto my tmo site in the past week and my activated phone pic is missing i add it logon a day later and its gone again? So tmo's network is messed up or myabe just maybe they are forcing us to pay for the higher priced BIS? For the past year my blackberry service has been $20 bucks now i dont even see that option on thier new plans and that the blackberry service price has gone to $35 bucks and also i went to upgrade services and it shows those plans available to me and it even lets me pick the new bis service plan when it never did before and then if i select it my monthly bill goes to over $100 including the $20 i already pay + the new $35 wtf before tmo's system wouldnt let you select this because it conflicted with my already existing plan! And now i see that someone here was sent in that direction to upgrade to the new blackberry service plan and thier phone will now work....sooo i now do believe its t-mobile...not verizon...not blackberry i mean think about it verizon having the power to shut off all unlocked storms....i dont think so sounds nutz to me!!!

Just my 2cents...lol
    Just checked my plan. I am on the $49.99 Loyalty Unlimited and have the Unlimited BlackBerry for $35 so no this is not the problem / issue.
    06-08-10 09:47 PM
    I have a fresh G1 sitting around, but data still wont work because of the BIS smh.
    06-08-10 09:48 PM
    Exactly my point!!! I don't have "Wireless Update" anymore either and before having this problem, I am 99% sure that I tried the "Wireless Update" for kicks and giggles. Coincidence??? It could be, but it seems that after trying the "Wireless Update" is when I started to have this problem.
    whers the wireless update supposed to be located i want to check and see if i still have it and i do know i used it at some point in all this maybe before all this...why do i have to always mess with sh.t....lol
    06-08-10 09:48 PM
    so your G1 takes a SIM card, but when you put the SIM in there, the problem transferred with the SIM card?
    06-08-10 09:49 PM
    i just loaded 5.0.0.591... going to try a hybrid... i think we should take the radio file out of version four and stuff it into a version 5 os i bet that would fix it.... and everyone with the problem could come here for the download / solution and save a lot of people headaches.....
    06-08-10 09:50 PM
    whers the wireless update supposed to be located i want to check and see if i still have it and i do know i used it at some point in all this maybe before all this...why do i have to always mess with sh.t....lol
    its supposed to be option->advanced option then all the way at the bottom
    06-08-10 09:51 PM
    i just loaded 5.0.0.591... going to try a hybrid... i think we should take the radio file out of version four and stuff it into a version 5 os i bet that would fix it.... and everyone with the problem could come here for the download / solution and save a lot of people headaches.....
    You really think it might be the radio? Cause radio seems fine?
    06-08-10 09:53 PM
    give me a minute...thats too much work bro

if the problem transfers to that other BB users G1, and if I move my SIM card to my iPhone and it works fine.

That would eliminate the possibility of all this radio file business. I then believe that the main problem is that people are not configured correctly with T-Mobile.
    06-08-10 09:53 PM
    so your G1 takes a SIM card, but when you put the SIM in there, the problem transferred with the SIM card?

No, you just need the Android Data plan to connect to the internet. Since I switched to the Blackberry Data plan, it wont work
    06-08-10 09:54 PM
    its supposed to be option->advanced option then all the way at the bottom
    Ok what the f... i dont have the update option anymore....this cant be good!
    06-08-10 09:55 PM
    That was my thought too John. (I'm female btw) but the only reason why i thought it was the radio was because you have version four and i and many others have version five, yours works, ours doesnt. and the G1 wont access data because blackberry plans and smartphone plans are totally different.
    06-08-10 09:56 PM
    chill!!!

lol

The update option goes hand in hand with "host routing table" and EDGE

if you dont have 1, you wont have the others
    06-08-10 09:56 PM
    No, you just need the Android Data plan to connect to the internet. Since I switched to the Blackberry Data plan, it wont work
    I think im gonna go buy a crap blackberry off craigslist to see if it works!
    06-08-10 09:57 PM
    Please report back about your results with the hybrid.....funny thing is that unlocked Storms on T-Mobile (when working) never did have a solid "EDGE" signal. Signal was always hunting from "EDGE" to "edge" back to "EDGE". I am still wondering if this has something to do with T-Mobile's HSPA upgrade.
    06-08-10 09:58 PM
    chill!!!

lol

The update option goes hand in hand with "host routing table" and EDGE

if you dont have 1, you wont have the others
    Yes but this means that theres noway i used it after this mess so maybe crackfinder is on to somthing...maybe the update caused this whole mess....lol
    06-08-10 09:59 PM
    And it seems like everytime i contact a tmobile support rep, it's almost like they're refusing to help us.
    The same thing I had to go through for the last few days. They have jacked up the price from $20 to $35 and want everyone to switch to that. This one rep asked me to switch my phone from STORM to one of their supported ones....

USArmyJohn: Tried all your options suggested, still no EDGE.
    06-08-10 10:00 PM
    I have no idea what i'm doing so if I hose my phone, you'll know.

Man this is making that hd2 look sweeter and sweeter......

or we should switch to verizon!!! Tell tmobile to stick it up their ***!
    06-08-10 10:00 PM
    Everyone....lets understand one thing right now. This is specific to the Storm. What is interesting is that someone in a previous post said they were having a problem with a 9550 and not a 9530 unless this was a typo within the post itself.
    06-08-10 10:01 PM
    Everyone....lets understand one thing right now. This is specific to the Storm. What is interesting is that someone in a previous post said they were having a problem with a 9550 and not a 9530 unless this was a typo within the post itself.
    i'm have a 9530....have the problem just as all of you
    06-08-10 10:04 PM
    i'm have a 9530....have the problem just as all of you
    Hi So someone else from SD with this problem...im just wondering how widespread this is or if we all chose to update on the same day....lol
    06-08-10 10:07 PM
    http://www.vodafone.de/downloadarea/...A4.7.0.181.exe

might i suggest this...

Im talking with someone from Crackberry forums right now and she's doing everything that I have done to my phone, software and all. If we fail after that, then I will bow down to your theories of hybrid OS's ruling the community, I will bow down to you possibility of "radio freqs" and T-Mobile and Verizon are out to sabotage us all.

But til I fail with her, Im winning right now :P
    06-08-10 10:09 PM
1,089 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD