Does anyone know of or heard about ATT kids having this same problem with unlocked Storms?
    06-08-10 11:38 AM
    So far its just Tmobile.
    06-08-10 02:00 PM
    When I called TMobile, I was told that its an unsupported phone and its not their issue and tagged me to RIM. RIM says 'edge' is the carrier's issue. There is a blamegame going on between both of them. Looks like TMO is the main issue here.

I was told to upgrade my plan AGAIN which will cost $10 more than what I am paying and that will fix the issue. Even after doing that 'edge' is predominantly what is out there. This doesnt make any sense and looks like we are all hosed pretty bad buying unlocked phones and going with TMO.

I am getting out of TMO soon.
    06-08-10 03:31 PM
    concreteuser, TMO actually gave you a number to RIM to speak with directly? Can I have that number?
    06-08-10 04:42 PM
    If you call T-Mobile tech support and ask them to connect you and open a trouble ticket with RIM they will. You can't call yourself or else they're going to charge you, you need a T-Mobile rep to give them their info before you can talk to a rep. Try it out. I did and still didn't help me out, I got the same answer concreteuser got.
    06-08-10 06:36 PM
    When you talk with TMobile, they create a case with RIM. The number I had was 1-877-255-2377.

RIM sends you back to TMobile, and TMobile sends you back to RIM. I had this done 5 times yesterday.

Tired of this mess. On top of this, they jacked up my cost to $34.99 instead of $24.99. Still it doesn't work. Everything was great until last Friday. Darn!
    06-08-10 06:38 PM
    concreteuser, TMO actually gave you a number to RIM to speak with directly? Can I have that number?
    Well gentlemen, I'm on tmobile. Unlocked 9500. I now have EDGE and I can do almost everything. Right now I'm posting this via my storm.

Ill run upstairs and post what I did to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 06:41 PM
    When I called TMobile, I was told that its an unsupported phone and its not their issue and tagged me to RIM. RIM says 'edge' is the carrier's issue. There is a blamegame going on between both of them. Looks like TMO is the main issue here.

I was told to upgrade my plan AGAIN which will cost $10 more than what I am paying and that will fix the issue. Even after doing that 'edge' is predominantly what is out there. This doesnt make any sense and looks like we are all hosed pretty bad buying unlocked phones and going with TMO.

I am getting out of TMO soon.
    T-Mobile is to blame, Yes. But its not their faults its our's. Im going to post again in a few seconds what my problems were, and what I did to fix it. Its so damn simple...people are going to be kicking themselves in the ****.
    06-08-10 06:58 PM
    OK.
    Here's what I have:
    BB Storm 9500, Vodafone
    - v4.7.0.181 (Platform 4.0.0.212) In other words, the most updated version available through RIM through the Desktop Manager
    - T-Mobile Service Books
    - APN Settings to "epc.tmobile.com"
    - On my-tmobile.com I have the Blackberry 8800 selected as my phone, it used to say "not supported" and no phone was as the picture
    - I have the Blackberry specific web, NOT THE SMARTPHONE!! BB requires BB internet service
    - Host Routing Table registered with T-Mobile, when I call T-Mobile they tell me that I have a 9500 and that I am successfully registered with them

Here's what my status WAS:
    - I was stuck on "edge"
    - I couldnt send SMS
    - Access to the internet was occasional
    - Could not setup BIS Email

Here;s what my statis IS:
    - Just look at my signature, I have EVERYTHING!

Any questions?
    06-08-10 07:06 PM
    ArmyJohn, questions:

How did you get service books on your phone? I wiped mine out this afternoon and reloaded it with 5.0.0.591. I cannot get EDGE signal in order to register it or send service books to it. Must be the radio in this new build. My HRT is blank and so is my service book.
    06-08-10 07:19 PM
    Google search for :
    tmobile servicebooks blackberry storm

then click the first link

Then it will bring you to forums for blackberry . com
    it will be the 3rd forum post on that page
    06-08-10 07:24 PM
    its that whole business where you use crackutil to remove the tt_daemon thing

then you add the downloaded servicebook VIA Desktop Manager then you use crackutil again to re add that tt_daemon file
    06-08-10 07:25 PM
    so should i upgrade back to 4.7 first THEN use Crackutil??
    06-08-10 08:12 PM
    its that whole business where you use crackutil to remove the tt_daemon thing

then you add the downloaded servicebook VIA Desktop Manager then you use crackutil again to re add that tt_daemon file
    USArmyJohn could you be more specific what you did exactely to fix your phone because i have done the service book swap already and it didnt fix it...could you please list all the things you did so i can see if i missed somthing!

Thanks
    06-08-10 08:24 PM
    Interesting!!! I called T-Mobile and got it escalated through RIM. According to RIM my Internet Browsing Service was deactivated on the T-Mobile side. They just turned it back on and waiting to see what happens. They said that it could take up to 24 hours for it to get re-provisioned. Anyone else have this problem? If this is true....it took RIM to tell T-Mobile that they had a problem???
    I had the same issue. My unlocked storm has been down since Wed June 3rd. It was fine and dandy in the morning, sending emails and receiving, making phone calls, sending texts, using browser and data services for messengers and other applications but then once 4 pm of that same day came around all that was gone. ALL data services where down, do more flow if emails in or out and i could not even access my voicemail. Friends apprently had been texting and calling and I never got any of them. On Saturday June 5 I went to tmobile and asked a service rep what was going on. He looked in the computer and told me that the reason why I could not access my data services is because I didn't have a Data plan on file...that I was not enrolled...that for a fact was B.S. I have been with T-mobile for 2 years now and have always had a Data plan for BB. Anyway he told that he didn't know what had happened then but that there are rare ocurrances when the data plans disenroll on their own on the system...B.S again!!! yeah right. I also believe that Internet Browsing Services were deactivated on the T-mobile side. The representative told me that he would enroll me back on a data plan but told me to give it 48 hrs to fully hold on to the Tmobile network. It's now June 8th and I still have edge and not EDGE, still no flowing of emails in and out and no data service. My Host Routing Table is empty, no entries, and i can't receive my email service books. The other service books I added manually. For a while I was able to get into t-zones but I can't even do that anymore. I went to Tmoble again today, June 8th to complain again. When I got there I had a browser icon and a t-zones icon on my phone...the rep did some stuff to the phone and called corporate offices...Now all of a sudden I no longer have a t-zones icon, the browser icon is still there but nothing loads. I don't even know why I still have to pay for a data plan of I can't use it. My contract expires tomorrow so I might just drop Tmobile for good.

anyone have any solutions yet??
    06-08-10 08:24 PM
    Interesting!!! I called T-Mobile and got it escalated through RIM. According to RIM my Internet Browsing Service was deactivated on the T-Mobile side. They just turned it back on and waiting to see what happens. They said that it could take up to 24 hours for it to get re-provisioned. Anyone else have this problem? If this is true....it took RIM to tell T-Mobile that they had a problem???
    Update...never got "EDGE" after 24 hours and RIM sent me back to T-Mobile because "edge" is due to the carrier. Spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile tech support and their final conclusion was that they don't support the device and that the handset must be defective.

I have a question for everyone (and just a long shot theory).... Did anyone attempt a "Wireless Update" through the Options>Advanced Options? If anyone remembers doing this prior to having this problem, please post.

06-08-10 08:35 PM
    I did nothing out of the ordinary.

I have original everything that is provided from RIM.

From there:
    Step 1 : Load T-Mobile service books

Step 2: APN Settings are set to epc.tmobile.com

Step 3: Network Settings are Data=On, Network Mode=2G

Step 4: Firewall is Disabled

Step 5: Go to my.tmobile.com and configure for Blackberry 8800

Step 6: Go to your Host Routing Table and hit menu and "register now"

Step 7: Call T-Mobile customer service and ensure that they have you on the Blackberry Plan and not the generic Smartphone plan

Step 8: After that is complete, ask to be redirected to Blackberry customer service Tier 2 because you want to verify that your blackberry is registered with them. From there, they should tell you that you have registered your Blackberry 9500, I say again blackberry 9500 if that is in fact what you have.

Step 9: Pull your battery and voila! EDGE!!
    06-08-10 08:37 PM
    Update...never got "EDGE" after 24 hours and RIM sent me back to T-Mobile because "edge" is due to the carrier. Spent an hour on the phone with T-Mobile tech support and their final conclusion was that they don't support the device and that the handset must be defective.

I have a question for everyone (and just a long shot theory).... Did anyone attempt a "Wireless Update" through the Options>Advanced Options? If anyone remembers doing this prior to having this problem, please post.

an update for myself, I was just browsing through my option and noticed the "wireless update" option and I also have a ton of t-mobile service books
    06-08-10 08:38 PM
    Yea i believe that this is all on the t-mobile side this is the third time ive logged onto my tmo site in the past week and my activated phone pic is missing i add it logon a day later and its gone again? So tmo's network is messed up or myabe just maybe they are forcing us to pay for the higher priced BIS? For the past year my blackberry service has been $20 bucks now i dont even see that option on thier new plans and that the blackberry service price has gone to $35 bucks and also i went to upgrade services and it shows those plans available to me and it even lets me pick the new bis service plan when it never did before and then if i select it my monthly bill goes to over $100 including the $20 i already pay + the new $35 wtf before tmo's system wouldnt let you select this because it conflicted with my already existing plan! And now i see that someone here was sent in that direction to upgrade to the new blackberry service plan and thier phone will now work....sooo i now do believe its t-mobile...not verizon...not blackberry i mean think about it verizon having the power to shut off all unlocked storms....i dont think so sounds nutz to me!!!

Just my 2cents...lol
    06-08-10 08:43 PM
    yea, i said that yesterday when I was reading through forums.

For 1, I have a Vodafone..never touched my Verizon.
    For 2, why would a company spend millions to have a certain radio frequency blocked when the Storm is a "world phone" and able to operate on all freq's with just a update.

If I was you, I'd call those clowns at T-Mob and hash the whole contract thing out with them.

They ended up giving me this entire month of Blackberry plan for free. The lady also told me there was no increase in price to go to the blackberry one from the generic "smartphone" option.
    06-08-10 08:48 PM
    Originally Posted by crackfinder

OMG I think I did but unfortunately i cant remeber if it was before or after this crap...been a long week with this damn storm!!!
    06-08-10 08:49 PM
    Yea i believe that this is all on the t-mobile side this is the third time ive logged onto my tmo site in the past week and my activated phone pic is missing i add it logon a day later and its gone again? So tmo's network is messed up or myabe just maybe they are forcing us to pay for the higher priced BIS? For the past year my blackberry service has been $20 bucks now i dont even see that option on thier new plans and that the blackberry service price has gone to $35 bucks and also i went to upgrade services and it shows those plans available to me and it even lets me pick the new bis service plan when it never did before and then if i select it my monthly bill goes to over $100 including the $20 i already pay + the new $35 wtf before tmo's system wouldnt let you select this because it conflicted with my already existing plan! And now i see that someone here was sent in that direction to upgrade to the new blackberry service plan and thier phone will now work....sooo i now do believe its t-mobile...not verizon...not blackberry i mean think about it verizon having the power to shut off all unlocked storms....i dont think so sounds nutz to me!!!

Just my 2cents...lol
    You might be right...signing on to mytmobile right now to see what I pay. Will report back here in a few.

06-08-10 08:51 PM
    I did nothing out of the ordinary.

I have original everything that is provided from RIM.

From there:
    Step 1 : Load T-Mobile service books

Step 2: APN Settings are set to epc.tmobile.com

Step 3: Network Settings are Data=On, Network Mode=2G

Step 4: Firewall is Disabled

Step 5: Go to my.tmobile.com and configure for Blackberry 8800

Step 6: Go to your Host Routing Table and hit menu and "register now"

Step 7: Call T-Mobile customer service and ensure that they have you on the Blackberry Plan and not the generic Smartphone plan

Step 8: After that is complete, ask to be redirected to Blackberry customer service Tier 2 because you want to verify that your blackberry is registered with them. From there, they should tell you that you have registered your Blackberry 9500, I say again blackberry 9500 if that is in fact what you have.

Step 9: Pull your battery and voila! EDGE!!
    Thanks USarmyJohn...Ive done all of that atleast 4 times except call them cause i figured i wouldnt get any help because of the unsupported phone thing
    06-08-10 08:51 PM
    I have basically the same story as everyone else in this situation as of early this morning. Unlocked 9550, T-Mobile service, lower case edge only, blah blah blah. Went through with calling customer service to be connected with rim then back to t-mobile. As far as the 8800 being selected on the my-tmobile website, before all of this I had chosen the 9700 to be my phone. Just to have a picture there. So I don't know why that would be a major factor/tactic of a t-mobile rep to suggest that. And when he suggested me to a CrackBerry link, I was thinking to myself, "What did I even call you for?" Anyhoo, thats just my rant. Still no data. Evo is looking pretty lovely rite now.
    06-08-10 08:56 PM

I have v.5.0.0.328 (platform 4.2.0.128) on my blackberry 9530. When I called Tmobile they told me to try my SIM card in a nother blackberry and if my edge whent to EDGE then that means that my device was defective and that if in fact it was defective that I qualified for a phone upgrade since I hit my 2 year mark tomorrow.

With the platform I have on my blackberry, under Options>Advanced Options there is no longer a "Wireless Update" tab anymore. No luck on my end to even try it as a solution.
    06-08-10 08:56 PM
1,089 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD