I'd love to see the outcome of this. If this don't get settled I might be a new android customer.
    06-07-10 12:16 PM
    Hi there

I am based in South Africa but have a verizon 9530.
    Sam S*#t!!!
    Reloaded OS 3x. No host routing tables & suddenly this morning I get a "your handheld is registered with the wireless network" message, BAM everything is working, 25 emails get downloaded, phone resets, BACK TO SQUARE 1!!! Phone is useless AGAIN!!!
    06-07-10 12:41 PM
    Hi there

I am based in South Africa but have a verizon 9530.
    Sam S*#t!!!
    Reloaded OS 3x. No host routing tables & suddenly this morning I get a "your handheld is registered with the wireless network" message, BAM everything is working, 25 emails get downloaded, phone resets, BACK TO SQUARE 1!!! Phone is useless AGAIN!!!
    Are you running on tmobile or veizion?
    06-07-10 12:49 PM
    Verizon!!!!
    06-07-10 12:56 PM
    interesting because we were all starting to think it was just unlocked storms running on tmobile.
    06-07-10 01:17 PM
    I'd love to see the outcome of this. If this don't get settled I might be a new android customer.
    Don't rush to judgement....this may not be RIM's fault. This is very likely a carrier problem. There are some coincidences out there right now, however I see that the common theme is unlocked Storms on T-Mobile. I have a locked Storm2 on Verizon as well and not a single issue!
    06-07-10 01:35 PM
    So it seems so far that this problem is happening independent of location for sure.
    06-07-10 01:40 PM
    This not the first time nor will it probably be the last-Tmobile does this and nobody ever knows what happens=I had no data service since friday at 9
    06-07-10 01:41 PM
    Interesting!!! I called T-Mobile and got it escalated through RIM. According to RIM my Internet Browsing Service was deactivated on the T-Mobile side. They just turned it back on and waiting to see what happens. They said that it could take up to 24 hours for it to get re-provisioned. Anyone else have this problem? If this is true....it took RIM to tell T-Mobile that they had a problem???
    06-07-10 02:48 PM
    ya so just got off the phone with tmobile and the rim rep just told me that verizon corupted the phones because they lost service and dont want the phones used on a diffrent network....nice. so who is gonna figure out the hack to this?
    06-07-10 03:09 PM
    Interesting!!! I called T-Mobile and got it escalated through RIM. According to RIM my Internet Browsing Service was deactivated on the T-Mobile side. They just turned it back on and waiting to see what happens. They said that it could take up to 24 hours for it to get re-provisioned. Anyone else have this problem? If this is true....it took RIM to tell T-Mobile that they had a problem???
    That's weird that they would Deactivate your Internet Browsing Service. I actually went into a T-Mobile and tried my SIM card in a Bold 9700, changed the network settings on the phone to 2G Only and BAM right off the bat got EDGE and was able to Register the handheld and download all the Routing Tables.

I think someone is messing with our phones...
    Last edited by phantom9d6; 06-07-10 at 03:27 PM.
    06-07-10 03:14 PM
    If VZN is, indeed, messing with our Storms, this needs to be front page news. Are they allowed to do that?
    06-07-10 03:28 PM
    ya so just got off the phone with tmobile and the rim rep just told me that verizon corupted the phones because they lost service and dont want the phones used on a diffrent network....nice. so who is gonna figure out the hack to this?
    RIM advertises the phone as a "World Phone" meaning that you can use it on GSM networks across the globe.
    06-07-10 04:28 PM
    RIM should slap verizon with a lawsuit. That'll get some bricks being sh*t.
    06-07-10 05:26 PM
    My phone was working for a few hours then back to the edge again. If vzw didn't want the storm working with different networks, why they allow you unlock it?
    06-07-10 06:50 PM
    i was just on the phone with RIM and was told the same thing that Verizon is behind the issue with the unlocked phone. Check to see if your firewall is enabled with a lock. I was basicly told to eitehr get a tmobile phone or go to verizon for service.
    06-07-10 11:18 PM
    Same here...Long Island,NY....no service since friday...will go to EDGE but wont connect to internet then goes back to edge..........very frustrating that no one has answers.....
    06-07-10 11:25 PM
    Verizon can not be the problem.

I have a Vodafone version of the Storm 9500 I bought when I was deployed, it was unlocked. I came back and up until the beginning of last month my Storm sat in a box. I turned it on last month and started an account up with T-Mobile. Since I opened the account, I've only had "edge," I didnt even know that "EDGE" existed.

I've read all the forums and everything and the only thing I can imagine I can do next is go to the t-mob website and specify that I am using one of the BB's that have available instead of leaving it blank.

It can't be verizons fault...why would a company pay millions of dollars to block out certain frequencies of Storm users on other networks? At the same time, if that was the case, we are running on the same freqs as verizon users yes? that would mean they are currently having the same problems
    06-08-10 12:48 AM
    I dont think its the firewall.. mine is disabled completely n my phone still doesn't work. My Storm was my Christmas present to myself.. never had a problem with it until friday. does the same as everyone elses, but i don't even get full EDGE. At all. Tmobile says i need EDGE for them to work on it.. but how am i supposed to get that? When i run my diagnostic test, it says its not connecting to blackberry. WTF is going on? I don't have a landline.. im a college student and i need my phone to work.
    06-08-10 12:56 AM
    I just ran a diagnostic and I got:

Radio Data Activation : Yes
    Radio Access : EDGE
    Blackberry Registration : No

but on my main screen it still says "edge"
    06-08-10 01:02 AM
    Mine says the same thing. Running the Diagnostic says EDGE but I've got full bars and edge on my main screen.
    06-08-10 01:07 AM
    OK. Can it really be vzw? The problem is only with unlocked storm with tmo. Sprint and att don't seem to have any problems. This problem might be on tmo side. I can't see vzw having that much control on these phone. to the point where they're blocking data service from tmo.
    06-08-10 05:55 AM
    OK. Can it really be vzw? The problem is only with unlocked storm with tmo. Sprint and att don't seem to have any problems. This problem might be on tmo side. I can't see vzw having that much control on these phone. to the point where they're blocking data service from tmo.
    Like I said, mines a vodafone, the european version. VZW cant be the problem
    06-08-10 06:50 AM
    would anybody happen to know if I go to BB's site and download the newest OS from their website for VODAFONE Europe, which is software v5.0, would it affect my unlock or anything else?

Would it even be worth upgrading from my current one?
    06-08-10 09:32 AM
    When all the madness started I was running 5.0.0.608 and I wiped the phone and put a "supported" OS, version .76 on the phone just to try it out. With obviously no luck I'm back to .608. I'd recommend downloading one of the Lyrical Hybrid OS's, they've worked out really well for me and my device has stayed Unlocked every time I've upgraded/downgraded.
    06-08-10 11:00 AM
1,089 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD