I'm not sure if this has already been answered...if so please point me in the right direction.

When I change my email settings to auto download images in my email it doesn't work..i still have to hit the menu button and select "Get all images".

Is there a way to get this working or is this another bug? Do I have a security setting I need to change?

Thanks in advance guys (and girls).
    12-04-08 12:23 PM
    apparently this is a feature but i'd really like to just have it automatically download images as i get a lot of emails from websites and have to click it manually all the time
    12-04-08 12:25 PM
    Right...I'm asking how to have it do that...there is apparently a setting for it but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?
    12-04-08 12:38 PM
    I would like to know as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 12:42 PM
    well theres a setting but as a security measure you have to still click to allow it or something

there was another thread on it where people were WTFing about it
    12-04-08 12:42 PM
    It may be the the diff between an image embedded in an html email vs an image referenced by a url link.

The Options->Email Settings->Download Images Automatically choice is (I guess) there in case you want to save on data usage. The menu->Get Images security warning just tells you about a potential security risk about downloading images. It seems to come up whether or not the image links are from the same domain name as the email.

I think the latter is annoying as well , but given RIM's security-conscious history I expect it's here to stay and is an example where security limits usability.
    12-04-08 01:29 PM

I think the latter is annoying as well , but given RIM's security-conscious history I expect it's here to stay and is an example where security limits usability.
    but i'd like the option

i dunno, being forced to do anything feels Apple-y to me
    12-04-08 01:52 PM
    but i'd like the option

Agreed...any blackberry elite users out there that know of a way to hack it or maybe if RIM actually bothers to read the community forums is there someone that wants to help out with a fix...this is friggn annoying.
    12-04-08 01:54 PM
    being forced to do anything feels Apple-y to me
    Just do what the man in the black turtleneck says and no one gets hurt.
    12-04-08 01:55 PM
    Just do what the man in the black turtleneck says and no one gets hurt.
    NO ITS BETTER WITH COVERFLOW WHY WOULD YOU WANNA TURN IT OFF ITS JUST LIKE MY OLD RECORD COLLECTION!

srsly i also wanna be able to disable the accelerometer for laying sideways in bed and texting sweet nothings to classy ladies
    12-04-08 02:00 PM
    but i'd like the option

I agree completely. I stopped needing a "mommy" years ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD