Is there any way to set up the bb so that the thing only alerts you when you get SMS / phone calls / voicemail and stops alerting me every time i get an email?

i still want to be logged into email so i can just hit the button on the screen and go right to the box, i just dont care about being alerted when i get new ones. i cant stand getting alerts every 2 minutes.
    02-26-09 11:30 AM
    Always check the options.

Customize the alerts.
    02-26-09 12:00 PM
    I have the same issue! have not been able to find ANYWHERE to change this setting, and it has been driving me bonkers also. would love to kill that stupid bell but still get notified when a text comes in... drives me nuts when I am listening to a song in my car that I really enjoy when suddenly *pause* DING DONG, then song again...
    02-26-09 12:15 PM
    sounds>set ring tones alerts>messages
    02-26-09 12:20 PM
    YES! that's it! .. i never even knew anything was "below the fold" on that sounds menu.. thought it was just those 6 or so sound settings. thats terrific. i swear i searched every other options and settings menu in the phone!

thank you!
    02-26-09 12:22 PM
    Glad you got it set up
    02-26-09 12:27 PM
    YES! that's it! .. i never even knew anything was "below the fold" on that sounds menu.. thought it was just those 6 or so sound settings. thats terrific. i swear i searched every other options and settings menu in the phone!

thank you!
    It took me a long time to figure out there was something there too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:29 PM
    ok so one more problem. i turned all the email alerts off. no vibrate, silent ringer, no LED, etc. hit try it button and nothing happens (correctly) .. but it still vibrates when i get emails. i restarted the phone too. ideas?
    02-26-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD