I've got an annoying little thing going on with one of my email accounts. I received an email on this account yesterday, opened it, then deleted it from my handheld (not from mailbox). Problem is, the little envelope icon on my home screen stayed in place and the account's icon showed a (1) next to it as though I still had an unopened message. Neither were marked with the red star like a new message, but it's driving me nuts that the message icon won't go away. I've tried reconciling from the menu in that account, logging on to the computer where the account resides remotely and getting the message in question off the server and deleting it, rebooting, and even deleting the email account from my blackberry and putting it back in again. Now the (1) is no longer in front of the email address, but the envelope icon is still hanging on. What on God's green earth do I have to do to get that silly little icon to go away? I've checked every other possible source for a new message and it's definitely coming from this email account. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm using 4.7.0.132, if that makes a difference.
    05-27-09 02:16 PM
    *slaps forehead* I guess holding the power button down isn't a reboot. Battery pull worked.
    05-27-09 02:23 PM
    Tee hee! You are correct... powering the phone down isn't a reboot. You actually have to pull the battery (or get a program like SoftReset or QuickPull which simulate a battery pull). Glad you got it worked out!
    05-27-09 02:25 PM
    Good ? I wanna know what it does
    05-27-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD