So I've tried this a few times, and I keep getting the same results. I loaded .99 on my storm (both as an upgrade and after a wipe), and everything works fine. I loaded the browser and TCP settings and everything, and again, everything works fine. But once I log into my T-Mobile account and resend the service books, I lose my capital EDGE and only get "edge" instead. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm done a battery pull, changed my TCP settings, re-registered, resent service books, everything; same results.
    02-02-09 12:59 AM
    Don't feel bad, you didn't do anything wrong - there is something very fishy with T-Mobile and an unlocked Storm running this new OS.

Yesterday was a "bad BlackBerry day" for me indeed. I have been waiting for the "right" leaked OS to upgrade my Storm because I was afraid that the process might must not be so easy on an "unlocked" Storm running on T-Mobile.

At first, I couldn't get DM to recognize the update, so I just used the 'Loader.exe" file in the directory - that worked OK. Then I had no browser, no Internet service books at all.

I went through the same process I did when I unlocked the storm - I removed the "browser_deamon" file then went to download manager, then loaded generic service books, the put the "browser_deamon" file back in....to no avail - no internet.

I resent my own service books from the T-Mobile site about a hundred times - still no internet.

Tried restoring stuff using the advanced features in DM - still no luck. Eventually, I went back to .75 (used the official version from Verizon) went through all the steps above and after about 4 hours was just where I was before I started this whole mess.

I do worry that upgrading the OS on our "unlocked" Storms might pose a real problem in the future.
    02-02-09 07:32 AM
    I also was having issues on my unlocked 9530, although I use at&t as my carrier.

I had the edge/EDGE issue, it would be edge all the time, and then occasionally, it would switch to EDGE for 3 or 4 seconds. I went back to .85, which was working so well for me, and still is.

Although the main reason i want to get a .9x version is for the portrait QWERTY.

Good Luck!
    02-02-09 07:36 AM
    having the same problem.... going back to .86 which was working fine....
    this really sucks!!!!
    02-02-09 11:27 AM
    I had the same problem all day yesterday. I ended up going back to .90.
    02-02-09 12:07 PM
    I also was having issues on my unlocked 9530, although I use at&t as my carrier.

I had the edge/EDGE issue, it would be edge all the time, and then occasionally, it would switch to EDGE for 3 or 4 seconds. I went back to .85, which was working so well for me, and still is.

Although the main reason i want to get a .9x version is for the portrait QWERTY.

Good Luck!

Darn, I was just about to try the upgrade as I have AT&T as well, but I guess I will not
    02-02-09 12:10 PM
    Yes, there are connection issues with .99, reported that in the first post I made about it.
    02-02-09 12:13 PM
    So I've tried this a few times, and I keep getting the same results. I loaded .99 on my storm (both as an upgrade and after a wipe), and everything works fine. I loaded the browser and TCP settings and everything, and again, everything works fine. But once I log into my T-Mobile account and resend the service books, I lose my capital EDGE and only get "edge" instead. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm done a battery pull, changed my TCP settings, re-registered, resent service books, everything; same results.
    quick question. If your phone is registered to VZ how do you get it registered with T mobile. i am asking because i am coming home this summer and i am going to be using t mobile for a month on a unlocked Vodafone storm. THanks
    02-02-09 01:10 PM
    If you are having loss of EDGE issues on .99 or .95, you can delete the file located at the UMTS folder at
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\*your OS installed file*\CDMA
    and replace in that folder the file from the same located from your installed version of .90 (or the last OS that held EDGE good for you).

Then, run the OS upgrade to .95 or .99
    02-05-09 08:50 AM
    I discovered this only after i had rolled back to .86 and now too lazy to go through the process of updating to .99 . will wait till a more stable OS comes out to upgrade...

All of you with unlocked storms have you tried using vz navigator on ur phones
    02-05-09 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD