Hello All!

I have gone through many fixes, changing radio file mostly.

I have tried these radios and still had my storm switch from edge to EDGE

.90 - posted as best radio but may cause reboots and freezes
    .109 - polled as 2nd highest rated
    .113 - polled as 3rd highest rated
    .132 - polled as 1st highest rated

I am now on .132

I cam across this fix from JSanders on another forum, Blackberryforums.com

I tried it and im still on EDGE so i credit it to his findings.

Go into Options>Manage Connections

Instead of being on 2G & 3G, switch to 2G only, turn off your carrier connection, wait 1min and turn the connection back on.

Test it out.

I havent tried 3G yet, but im on .148 OS, .132 radio after trying .90 and up using the Switch A Radio tool and switched from 2G & 3G to just 2G and i just checked and im on EDGE. Post your findings, i think for AT&T user's this may just work unless its the combo of .132 radio and .148 OS.

JSanders Post:
    05-15-2009, 11:34 PM
    My experience (and I've had quite a bit with this same AT&T "EDGE" issue) is that after the OS install or a battery pull reboot, if you go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > and set the Network Mode to 2G only (not 3G and & 2G which is the default setting) you will hold EDGE solid.

After making that change to 3G only, you must return to Manage Connections > Mobile Network, an UNcheck, let the signal go off, and reenable it a minute later to catch full EDGE, sometimes 3-4x doing that may be needed.

And yes, the hybrid OS with the radio code from .90 or another OS does work well too.

**Also having the TCP settings for your carrier may cause the edge to EDGE issue, found that in another post***

After loading the AT&T service books i havent checked the TCP settings, but like always i believe the VZW settings are listed and not the AT&T server, username and password, maybe my success is due to this as well, i will add the TCP settings for AT&T and see if my connection flickers.....

advanced options>host routing table then hit menu and register

Update: Upgraded to .151, havent switched the radio file and have done a couple of the tricks above and have a constant EDGE.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 07-20-09 at 11:13 AM.
    06-01-09 08:33 PM
    Well I wouldn't put too much trust in that as you can put it on 3G all you want, It aint happening. No 3G on the Storm on North American GSM networks.
    06-01-09 08:38 PM
    Are you getting solid EDGE with 132 radio with TCP settings?

Seems to me like thats the biggest issue going out of .90 radio is those pesky TCP settings.
    06-01-09 10:20 PM
    EDGE, with 2G & 3G set to only 2G, .148 OS, .132 radio file and no TCP settings (meaning i left the VZW entry and havent entered the AT&T ones)
    06-02-09 10:19 AM
    Each time i changed radio filies i entered the AT&T TCP settings, this time i have not.
    06-02-09 10:20 AM
    Where i live, next to a mountain, i tend to loos EDGE even on my old BB Curve, it would go GSM to EDGE and back, when i posted this last night i was still on EDGE.
    06-02-09 10:21 AM
    Just wanted to give an update, still have EDGE, gotten all e-mails that have been sent. I still have not tried entering the TCP/APN settings. I will try that and post if i start switching from edge to EDGE.
    06-02-09 03:16 PM
    I am starting to believe that each Storm has a combo it likes, most its the .90 radio with OS .132 or lower, i will try wiping and loading the official .148 OS and leave the TCP/APN settings alone after loading my AT&T service books and see if EDGE drops. If it does im switching my radio file for .132, connection to 2G only and leaving the TCP/APN alone. My connection now it set to 2G & 3G, so im leaning toward for AT&T user's, its the TCP/APN settings that causing the issue, unless its the .148 OS and .132 radio combo with no TCP/APN settings entered for AT&T, i left what was shown after loading my service books for AT&T.
    06-02-09 03:20 PM
    can someone please help me with this.

I still get edge to EDGE

I need this phone for work.

my os is 4.7.0.148
    06-25-09 12:14 PM
    can someone please help me with this.

I still get edge to EDGE

I need this phone for work.

my os is 4.7.0.148
    All of the answers were posted above. Use the radio code that is the most stable with your phone.
    Then under options->mobile network, down near the bottom make sure only 2G is shown.
    Then either leabe the APN setting alone, or disable it. Whichever works for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 04:34 PM
    All of the answers were posted above. Use the radio code that is the most stable with your phone.
    Then under options->mobile network, down near the bottom make sure only 2G is shown.
    Then either leabe the APN setting alone, or disable it. Whichever works for you.

agreed this solution works well.
    i'm on .151 and switched to 2G - and EDGE stays on fine on ROGERS.

Thanks for the help!
    07-16-09 08:51 AM
    agreed this solution works well.
    i'm on .151 and switched to 2G - and EDGE stays on fine on ROGERS.

Thanks for the help!
    hey what is your apn settings set to if anything...im on rogers with 151 as well
    07-17-09 07:44 AM
    Hi, to y'all, my question is, how can i get the radio codes. because i been trying. and trying, i don't get it

thank you
    07-20-09 09:31 PM
    Here's what worked for me on rogers.... Running unlocked Verizon Storm 9530 (4.7.0.148)
    1) Got a new 4000 series V2 sim card (not sure if this had any thing to do with the fix as i found it after i had already bought this.
    2) Realized that WAP2 Transport service book had user id and password coming down which was not the case on my other BB with rogers. So deleted this service book.
    3) As the service book kept coming back to the phone every hour or 2, Went to Options->Advance Options->Browser Push and unchecked "Enable WAP Push", left others checked (ie. Enable Push, Enable MDS Push and Allow WAP Push Applications)
    4) Went to Manage Connections and disabled and enabled Mobile Network.

No issues since, phone stays on EDGE all times now...

also realized that after 2 days I took the battery out and restarted phone, the service book WAP2.... was back and the phone came back to edge and NOT EDGE.. followed the steps above and the phone is back to EDGE.

Also for Networks, my phone is 3g and 2g...

Hope it helps ...
    09-22-09 09:14 PM
    i have blackberry 8310 curve i need edge to EDGE t=moble help
    11-21-09 05:57 PM
    I found WAP2 Transport service book on Storm to be the biggest issue... Since moving to OS 5 for Storm, all issues are generally gone... Not sure if u can move to OS 5 on that device...
    11-22-09 01:14 AM
    moving to How To & FAQ Forum
    11-22-09 09:46 PM
    I started having a problem a couple days ago only getting the lowercase edge on my Storm, and so I wasn't able to get the internet. So I called AT&T, they took me off the network, and readded me, didn't help, so they sent me to get a new SIM card. Pain in the --- but OKay I'll give it a try.

Nope, got home still no EDGE. So I called them back today, and we looked at tower locations and coverage maps etc.., and checked the SIM card number. Still nothing.

So on a lark, before I had called AT&T back, I was playing around with the network connection type, and had changed the network connection to global, and forgot about it.

Now, this time, he took me off the AT&T network again, and readded me, and still nothing. However, maybe 15 mins later. My phone goes to full caps EDGE . 5 BARS! and has remained that way for couple hours now!!

So Steps I took:
    1. Got a new sim card, easy as going in and asking for one.
    2. Had to reinstall the service books PLTAYLOR option 2 Style to get my browser back. (Do a search on this forum for full browser and mms at&t.)
    3. Changed network technology to global, under options>mobile network.
    4. Called AT&T had them take me off the network. I did a battery pull, and they readded- me.
    5. Wait 15 mins. and see what happens!!
    Again, I am looking at my Storm as I'm writing this post and it is still 5 bars EDGE!!

Can anyone who is getting lowercase edge, and has a Storm on AT&T please try these steps, and see if it works for you too ??!!
    12-04-09 08:09 PM
    I recently reinstalled OS 5.0 and it improved my connection I think.

I went to the thread about OS install ** ALL Storm Software Links- Official & Betas**

and went to BlackBerry� Software Updates

and clicked on update

then it downloaded a loader app, and when i restarted the desktop manager, and went to add/remove programs then under more options I selected delete all applications.

This wiped my phone and gave me fresh OS 5.0, but for some reason kept all my apps. Had to configure everything from scratch, passwords, settings, etc, but the apps were still there. Meterberry remembered my activation code even!!

Now I have a much better network connection full EDGE and pandora works great, same with email, etc...

Has anyone else tried this with success??
    12-06-09 12:37 AM
    nope i havnt done this , but i have EDGE even when i go to the boonies thats the country side. so idk if its just me . and if you can pls change your sig from blackberry storm 8530 to 9530 it bugs the **** out of me lol
    12-06-09 02:36 AM
    nope i havnt done this , but i have EDGE even when i go to the boonies thats the country side. so idk if its just me . and if you can pls change your sig from blackberry storm 8530 to 9530 it bugs the **** out of me lol
    HAHA! You know something about the sig was off but I couldn't figure out what. Duh.

After last nights OS reinstall my crackberry is running sOoooo sweet! What a love-hate relationship.

I think of it as my remote control - to my computer. Its also my camera, my videocamera, my phone, alarm clock, flashlight, radio, mp3 player etc. Etc.

What a handy lil device, but when it breaks, or acts up boy does that get me frustrated.

Its like losing the remote to the TV!!

12-06-09 12:33 PM
    yeah i hear you on that. but they are not to hard to repair if you know what your doing. and have access to parts.
    12-07-09 12:43 AM
    thnx

hope it works
    12-08-09 04:47 PM
    Running 5.0.0.328 on my 9530. Just installed it yesterday. I had a good EDGE, but when I try to go on the brower (sometimes) i go to edge and have to turn off/on connections. Today I dled Pandora, and when I went to try to get it to connect, it when to edge and said that pandora could not connect.

Any help?

Thanks in advance
    12-10-09 10:36 AM
    Ok, I've been going through several threads and haven't found the answer to the question I have.

I have an unlocked Storm w/ Os 5.0.0.328. I am on T-Mobile. I am slated to the have the Blackberry Add-on put onto my line on the 10th. Now my question is, I have "edge" and was wondering if I am lacking "EDGE" because I do not have the Add-on yet?

Thanks in advance.

-Mikey
    01-06-10 11:41 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD