I saw this post and thought I would pass it along to those who would like to have movies on there BB Storm. I tried it a couple of hours ago and it worked exactly as described. The only problem I had was that when I went back to download another movie the server was extremely slow and the download timed out. Other than that, really easy to do and quality was of video was really good.

Hi there, I thought I would share a quick tutorial on how I put movies on my Storm. One thing I think the Storm does nicely is play movies and media.

1. I go to *some site* Download movies. Thousands of full length movies available for instant downloads. Huge list of supported formats: divx, ipod, pda, dvd etc. you have to pay for these movies but if you want quality movies on your Storm then you will have to pay for them. The cost per movie is from $1.99 -$4.99. So set up your free account, add money to your account and start shopping. If you have a DVD Ripper then you can create your movie and follow steps 3-6.

2. Once you have found a movie you would like to purchase and download, I choose the "iPod" download version. Download the movie to your desktop. Download process will take a bit of time depending on your connection speed.

3. Once download is complete, go to OPTIONS>MEMORY>, be sure MTP is ON, Mass Storage Mode Support ON, Auto enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected either YES or PROMPT, save those settings.

4. Now connect your Storm using your USB cable to your computer. You should have a "Blackberry 1 and a Blackberry 2" showing as a connected device (Finder window for MAC). Highlight Blackberry 2, double click on the BLACKBERRY folder, then double click on the VIDEOS folder. Now you simple DRAG and DROP your movie file from your desktop to your VIDEOS folder, you should see your computer copying files, when that completes its done.

5. Eject your blackberry 2 and then your blackberry 1 and you can safely remove your Storm from the USB cable.

6. To view your movie go to MEDIA>VIDEOS and choose your movie.

Hope that helps anyone interested in movies on their Storm. Goodluck!
    12-20-08 08:31 PM
    Or you could just torrent the .avi's and use handbrake...
    12-20-08 08:40 PM
    Or you could just torrent the .avi's and use handbrake...
    for some reason not only did they remove the sticky about converting video, but its not in the popular storm posts sticky.

what is the perfect setup for the storm? which video and audio codecs work best. and is it possible to fill the screen without stretching via resolution, etc.
    12-20-08 08:44 PM
    12-20-08 08:51 PM
    for some reason not only did they remove the sticky about converting video, but its not in the popular storm posts sticky.

what is the perfect setup for the storm? which video and audio codecs work best. and is it possible to fill the screen without stretching via resolution, etc.

BlackBerry Storm Wiki: Video Conversion
    12-20-08 08:51 PM
    Man you beat me to it. I guess your alot faster at the draw then I am
    12-20-08 08:52 PM
    Zml is obviously not a legal website has anyone used it with success or is it a scam

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 08:55 PM
    Zml is obviously not a legal website has anyone used it with success or is it a scam

I'm sure it wouldn't be the 15,000th most popular website on the internet if it was illegal. I'm sure they have deals with companies where they share profits etc. It is a legit site and is great for those who don't want to download movies illegally.
    12-20-08 09:00 PM
    This smell of forum spamming to me...newbie plugging a product..hmmmm
    12-20-08 09:01 PM
    I second that I was just wondering

12-20-08 09:13 PM
    The cost per movie is from $1.99 -$4.99.
    That's to rich for my blood... lol. I'll stick with my free torents.
    12-20-08 09:16 PM
    That's to rich for my blood... lol. I'll stick with my free torents.
    Just a word of advice I wouldn't post things like this on a public message board. I wouldn't post it even on a non public message board. What you're doing is illegal and you're admitting it right there. I mean the chance of getting caught among the millions and millions of people doing it are slim but if you do they have all the evidence they need right there for reasonable cause.
    12-20-08 09:24 PM
    i want to know how to convert digital copies which are m4v extension and the storm only plays mp4. i just want to know how to convert them to mp4. i have a macbook pro (2007) and a pentium 2 350 to work with. any help would be appreciated.
    12-20-08 09:25 PM
    i want to know how to convert digital copies which are m4v extension and the storm only plays mp4. i just want to know how to convert them to mp4. i have a macbook pro (2007) and a pentium 2 350 to work with. any help would be appreciated.
    I'm not sure how to convert digital copies but I can tell you that the Pentium 2 is going to render useless when converting the movies. It would take like 4 days on a P2 to convert a movie.
    12-20-08 09:29 PM
    Just a word of advice I wouldn't post things like this on a public message board. I wouldn't post it even on a non public message board. What you're doing is illegal and you're admitting it right there. I mean the chance of getting caught among the millions and millions of people doing it are slim but if you do they have all the evidence they need right there for reasonable cause.
    they are my movies i paid for them the law states i can have one backup copy of all my movies if i want....plus its no more illegal than leaking software or firmware updates in a public forum
    12-20-08 09:46 PM
    they are my movies i paid for them the law states i can have one backup copy of all my movies if i want....plus its no more illegal than leaking software or firmware updates in a public forum
    damn, you beat me to the punch.
    12-20-08 09:47 PM
    The poster wasn't refferring to your post, he was responding to the guy talking about torrents. Completely different subject from what you posted.
    12-20-08 09:49 PM
    The poster wasn't refferring to your post, he was responding to the guy talking about torrents. Completely different subject from what you posted.
    He is aware of that. There was a quote from me in it...

P.S. I download movies... illegally lol I'm the only one in the world that does it... hahaha
    ...lame

Notice I don't say where I get them from either...
    12-20-08 09:52 PM
    I choose the "iPod" download version.
    ipod format will work on BB storm?
    12-20-08 09:55 PM
    Why hasn't this thread been deleted already?

You can obviously see this guy is trying to advertise his website. He only has 1 post, and its this bull**** thread.

Delete this thread so users around here don't get scammed.
    12-20-08 10:08 PM

Who are you trying to convince of this exactly?...they are offering movies that are not even available for rent or sale yet in store in the USA or anywhere else for that matter, yet you scold others about how they obtain their movies? So what a direct download of a movie is better then using .torrents? Does a direct download make any more legal or less legal..hardly. On top of that the site claims russian laws to back them when russia is one of the largest places for piracy in the world (see: R5 dvd's) even though the site is hosted in the USA and makes no mention of their DMCA compliance, which would be applicable by US law.

On top of that you are not getting anything that you can't find in torrent, you are getting CAMS, TS, DVDSCR and SCR and then the DVDRips of the files.

The post can stay..with the direct link removed, users are smart enough to find their own methods as the posters who have responded to this thread clearly indicated.
    12-20-08 10:08 PM
    Who are you trying to convince of this exactly?...they are offering movies that are not even available for rent or sale yet in store in the USA or anywhere else for that matter, yet you scold others about how they obtain their movies? So what a direct download of a movie is better then using .torrents? Does a direct download make any more legal or less legal..hardly.

On top of that you are not getting anything that you can't find in torrent, you are getting CAMS, TS, DVDSCR and SCR and then the DVDRips of the files.

The post can stay..with the direct link removed, users are smart enough to find their own methods as the posters who have responded to this thread clearly indicated.
    You are amazing!
    12-20-08 10:13 PM
    Just wondering what website you were able to download the movies from? Thanks
    12-24-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD