I searched throughout the forum and didn't seem much about this. I am deleting out applications to free up some memory. I deleted out VZNav and Visual Voicemail. In the Application Loader on Desktop Manager, there is East Asian Characters and Font Support ( Traditional Chinese, Japenese, etc.). This is taking up about 4MB. Is it safe to delete this? Just want to make 100% sure.
    12-08-08 09:16 AM
    I would like to know this as well.
    01-09-09 11:25 PM
    just deleted it....got a ton of mem back. you plan on writing chineses
    01-09-09 11:28 PM
    I have mine deleted and the phone works. If you don't plan on browsing foreign documents or websites then you should be OK.
    01-09-09 11:28 PM
    I just did it this evening.

Launch the PC Manager and plug in your BB.

Click on Application Loader

Click Start under add/remove

Let the "Task in Progress" run

Scroll down just a bit and uncheck the box to the left.

Also you can uncheck any other items I did the brickbreaker

Anyway, when your satisfied then click next.

Then the manager will do it's thing.

Once all actions are complete then click finish.

Now this worked for me and I found by reading this forum A LOT that what works for one may not work for another so I can't be responsible if you delete something your not supposed to. Please exercise extreme caution.

James
    01-09-09 11:39 PM
    deleted it the day i got the phone along with the rest of the languages except English support. never used/needed it. never had a problem.
    01-09-09 11:48 PM
    This can be deleted in the set up wizard right? I remember when I went through the Wizard the first time I only selected english, so I shouldn't have the others.
    01-10-09 01:44 AM
    Best way to delete is through the app loader. Totally safe and harmless.
    01-10-09 01:46 AM
    I did this, and now my email doesn't recognize PDF's as something my BlackBerry can open...
    05-28-10 05:05 PM
    Once I reinstalled one of the character sets, I got my ability to open PDF's and other attachments back.

Then I tried something else. I deleted both documents to go, and all four character sets. Then I reinstalled documents to go. Now it works, and the memory hogging asian characters are gone.
    Last edited by EngrPaul; 05-28-10 at 06:05 PM.
    05-28-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD