Has any one noticed a poor sound quality from the earpiece speaker while using the phone? Mine almost sounds like an old television with the volume up, except that my volume is not turned up. It is not horrible, but definetely noticeable. Just wondering if this is a software issue or if my speaker is defective.
    11-27-08 02:07 PM
    Yeah mine sounds like it is a busted speaker if you turn the volume up higher than half way....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 03:00 PM
    Same here...the Nuance voice commands are very distorted in my Bluetooth, but calls are fine. Tried adjusting several volume levels, but no change....strange.
    11-27-08 05:26 PM
    My ear piece is the same. Sounds very poor, but callers don't complain and I can hear them well enough. Oh well for now.
    11-27-08 05:31 PM
    Yeah, the earpiece quality is pretty crappy, but it's actually better than my previous phone (i760).

So far nothing has come close to the quality of my old e815
    11-27-08 05:47 PM
    I found that it sounds better with the handset volume enhancement set to normal.. I still can't turn it up much though.
    11-27-08 08:24 PM
    This is really my only complaint with the phone. My previous phones had great earpiece quality (Moto e815, Samsung a930), so I'm having a bit of an issue adjusting to a more "tinny" sound. I did find earlier today while playing with the phone some "bass" and "treble" adjustments (don't know where they are now...have to find them again) so I'm going to try that.
    11-27-08 08:37 PM
    My previous phones had great earpiece quality (Moto e815, Samsung a930)
    Seems like we were spoiled by our old phones!

The bass and treble boosts made the audio quality worse for me. I stuck with the normal setting. YMMV.
    11-27-08 08:40 PM
    Not experiencing this problem. The unit is loud and clear.
    11-27-08 08:47 PM
    Mine sounds great. Loud and clear.
    11-27-08 09:58 PM
    The 2 Storm's I had experienced the same issue with distortion coming from the earpiece. I did try exchanging for a new phone with no luck. Even the store display units had distortion. I then tried the Curve while in the store and it had no issues with distortion coming from the earpiece, even at the highest setting.

I will say the Storm's sound is very clear but I couldn't take the distortion. Because of this reason alone I returned the Storm and cancelled my service. I was going to switch to Verizon from Sprint but will instead wait to see if anything improves.
    12-04-08 11:22 PM
    Mine distorts, as does my brothers. Fairly junky earpiece. Certainly gets loud, but does become unclear.
    12-04-08 11:28 PM
    I was lucky to try out a Bold for sometime, the Bold sounds 10x's better and little to no distortion. I hate the speaker quality of the phone but everything else is cool
    12-06-08 12:52 AM
    Mine is not good either, my 8830 was much better. And my BT Jawbone doesn't sound good either. It's distortion like everyone has said. The voice command voice is really really bad, can barley understand it.
    12-08-08 10:16 PM
    i set mine to boost treble. hit call button - menu-optiond-general options scroll down.
    12-08-08 10:29 PM
    I'm not too happy with the volume of the speaker in my ear on the phone. Sounds great through my H700, in fact too loud sometimes. But I have to strain to hear what the person on the other end is saying half the time when I hold the phone to my ear.

I haven't adjusted the settings yet by going to: Call Screen > BlackBerry key > Options > General Options > Enhance Handset Call Audio. (someone earlier said they couldn't find the settings path and I just stumbled upon it recently)

I'm going to try it out and see if it's any better. Just don't want to have to wear my bluetooth everywhere I go just to hear the other person clearly all the time
    Last edited by handscreate; 12-08-08 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typo
    12-08-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD