When I had .90 OS, the volume when having the earphones in was nice and loud in the media player.

With .99 OS, there were problems with the songs not playing correctly.

Now with the .103 OS, the songs play fine but the "max" volume still doesn't have the power it used to have. It plays low in volume even when on the highest setting.

Anybody else have this issue or know of a fix?
    02-12-09 10:13 AM
    I am wondering about headset volume as well. I bought the "premium" blackberry headset (from a different online store) and the max volume is not that loud. Would different headphones be better? Is the OS really effecting that? Thanks.
    02-28-09 11:40 AM
    I don't know why you guys are constantly complaining about this. It really must be your headphones you're using. I've been using a set of Creative isolating earbuds that came from Dell and my volume is loud as heck. As a matter of fact, I cannot turn my volume past 1 or 2 clicks up from silent in FlyCast because it's too loud.
    02-28-09 12:11 PM
    I don't know why you guys are constantly complaining about this. It really must be your headphones you're using. I've been using a set of Creative isolating earbuds that came from Dell and my volume is loud as heck. As a matter of fact, I cannot turn my volume past 1 or 2 clicks up from silent in FlyCast because it's too loud.
    I agree with you! I would like it to be LESS loud to start and more clicks to get loud. I can't take level 1 for that long let alone level 2 or higher. To be fair I've only used mine in an office environment so it's pretty quiet there and I'm not trying to drown out other noise but that just makes a better case in my mind it should start almost off and then increase in small to medium increments.
    02-28-09 12:25 PM
    It must be my headphones then.... I like to have hybrid headphones that can be used for phone calls as well, but maybe I will have to try a headset for media only and see if it is any louder
    02-28-09 12:31 PM
    I dunno about that, but I'd prefer for it to be like it is now rather then have RIM mess it up on a future release. Better it be loud then not... ya know.

OMG, I just about died last night while I was half asleep. I put my buds in and was listening at level 1 in FlyCast in bed on my side with another pillow on the top side of my head covering it. (I know, I'm strange, but I have to have it completely dark to sleep.) Anyway, the screen was locked on the Storm and I didn't move or anything touched it. All's well for about 15-20 minutes when all of a sudden, just as I was drifting off, the damn volume must have jumped to like medium or something. I just about had a heart attack. lol I woke up and instead of pulling the buds out of my ears or the phone, I was all panic stricken to try and unlock the phone and push Stop on the tiny FlyCast toolbar at the bottom.

Funny thing is, the volume hadn't been moved or changed in the app, the phone just decided to blast my brains out. I felt a little like George McFly in the first Back to the Future when Marty was blasting him with his Walkman dressed up in radio active gear and standing over him.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 02-28-09 at 12:35 PM.
    02-28-09 12:33 PM
    there is a setting you can change which raises the heaphone output and actually pops up a warning when playing music. i believe it is in the main media options. never had any problems with volume
    02-28-09 12:50 PM
    I'm on .113 and my volume sucks. Sure it's fine when using it in an office, and still want to hear your surroundings or laying in bed trying to sleep??, but definitely not loud enough for noisy environments. Tried all sorts of buds, and same results. The phone is just not loud enough, and listening to slacker is even worse.

Maybe this will be remedied on a future OS leak.
    04-03-09 05:17 PM
    Weird. My phone goes plenty loud enough. So loud that I can't max it out because it blows my eardrums out and gets all distorted. I'm on .113.
    04-03-09 05:33 PM
    Switch to a silent sound profile and do a battery pull. After the phone reboots keep the sound profile to silent, then run the media player. Volume should be louder. Try it and post back with your findings.

For whatever reason, whenever a phone receives something and plays whatever sound to alert the user, the maximum volume on the mp3 volume lowers. Software issue I think.
    04-03-09 05:58 PM
    yeah that worked but its weird. when the volume goes low, the sound still gets distorted at whats supposed to be high volume, like the signal is screwed up. also, most of the time if a call comes in when the problem is happening, the sound is fixed when the call ends. im on 113 and didn't spend much time with the stock os. im wondering if it happed with .75 or if its a hardware problem
    04-05-09 09:57 PM
    Yes make to do the battery pull thing first before speculations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 10:11 PM
    Works fine once I pulled the battery.
    04-05-09 10:23 PM
    The batt pull definitely fixes this, but does leaving it in silent pro help? For me once I get a sms/email even in silent the volume drops alot.
    04-05-09 11:25 PM
    I bought the NU-Force 7ME wired headset, someone on the forums suggested them. They are amazing and I no longer have to turn the volume all the way up. They are 50 bucks but well worth every penny. I had the altec-lansing from VZW and they sound horrible compared to the NU-Force.
    04-06-09 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD