My family's(me, my mom, my sister) two year contract is almost up but won't be officially two years until Thanksgiving or sometime after.

I was just wondering how strict Verizon is on the NE2 policy and if I could upgrade my phone with the two year discounts when the Storm(finally) arrives. It sounds like we should expect it before Thanksgiving but I am away at college and wont be home for a week or more after the release.

Also, since the contract is in my mother's name, would I be able to upgrade my phone without her actually being there? Or would it just be easier to wait until I go back home? I was just worried the Storm might be hard to find within the week after release.
    10-20-08 03:56 PM
    You can not upgrade early, your name must be on the account as an authorized user/ or your mother must be there. Just do it online..
    10-20-08 03:58 PM
    I think you can upgrade up to 4 months early...they just charge you 20.00 for an "early upgrade" fee
    10-20-08 04:01 PM
    I think you can upgrade up to 4 months early...they just charge you 20.00 for an "early upgrade" fee

I think he's right; plus they wanna blow sales wide open on this. You will be suprised.............
    10-20-08 04:06 PM
    I had this same question. I called the Verizon folks and the lady told me that even though the new every two requires a full two years, you can technically upgrade after you've fulfilled one year of service. Basically, if you've gone for a year you get the new every two discount on a new phone; if you've gone the full two years you get the discount on a new phone, plus the $100 towards the purchase of that phone (if you have a plan at $79 or more) I've gone a full year, but my 2 year contract doesn't end till May of 09. I even logged onto my account online at verizonwireless.com and it says I'm eligible for the new every two discount. As far as the authority to change things, I wouldn't know because I'm the account owner. I do know that my fiance is on my plan also, but she's not allowed to do the new every two deal because she's an add-on line. (which is only $9.99 so she doesn't qualify). Hope that helps!
    10-20-08 04:35 PM
    Ok, thank you very much for the replies. Hopefully I'll figure out a plan when the release date is set.
    10-20-08 05:09 PM
    My family's(me, my mom, my sister) two year contract is almost up but won't be officially two years until Thanksgiving or sometime after.

I was just wondering how strict Verizon is on the NE2 policy and if I could upgrade my phone with the two year discounts when the Storm(finally) arrives. It sounds like we should expect it before Thanksgiving but I am away at college and wont be home for a week or more after the release.

Also, since the contract is in my mother's name, would I be able to upgrade my phone without her actually being there? Or would it just be easier to wait until I go back home? I was just worried the Storm might be hard to find within the week after release.
    Actually if your mother is willing to add your name to the account then you could just go in and do it but that depends on what relationship you have with her. And yes she can add you then she can have it removed after you have picked up the phone.

As for how strict they are with the phones and NE2 they will bend the rules a little. Also depends on what phone you have like I have the MotoQ and even though I am upgrading almost 6 months early it qualifies me to do a NE2 now instead of waiting for the 6 months. You do get charged for upgrading your phone early though. It is 20$
    10-20-08 07:42 PM
    can i use early new every 2 if im under family plan? we have 4 lines and total we pay about 260ish a month. my dad is the primary.
    10-20-08 08:43 PM
    Actually if your mother is willing to add your name to the account then you could just go in and do it but that depends on what relationship you have with her. And yes she can add you then she can have it removed after you have picked up the phone.

As for how strict they are with the phones and NE2 they will bend the rules a little. Also depends on what phone you have like I have the MotoQ and even though I am upgrading almost 6 months early it qualifies me to do a NE2 now instead of waiting for the 6 months. You do get charged for upgrading your phone early though. It is 20$
    Oh ok cool. Thank you!
    10-20-08 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD