I just bought e-Mobile today professional and have a couple questions.

1. how and where can I get a weather plugin for the e-Mobile today?

2. I have appointments in my calendar but they are not showing up in e-Mobile, anyone know why?

3. Is there a way to have e-Mobile show when the screen is locked? So you don't have to unlock it to see whats going on.

Thanks
    Last edited by notlownf; 01-08-09 at 01:14 PM.
    01-08-09 01:03 PM
    Umm hello.....is there anyone out there?
    01-09-09 11:55 AM
    I don't think many people have this program, so you're going to have to figure things out on your own.

I can say that the weather plugin is something that costs extra and you have to buy it from the same people who make e-mobile today. The rest you're on your own with unless someone else happens along.
    01-09-09 11:57 AM
    Although it does function, e-Mobile Today Professional misses the mark by a wide margin.

The today screen shows most of the info you'd like to see, but has no way of getting to your programs. You have to go back to the Storm's normal home screen to access any of your programs and then you can only get to it by holding down the menu key to bring of the running programs bar and then choose the normal home screen. Pretty cumbersome for a program that's suppose to make life easier.

The contacts tab works, but the button hot zones are very small and not hitting them exactly activates other items. Not really what you want. I'd like to have seen use of the flip screen for scrolling through my contacts, something that e-Mobile should consider for the next version. Once you do find your contact, hitting them brings up a menu with choices for interacting with the contact info. Not complete by any means, but has most of the basic items you'd want to use.

Every other tabs works pretty much the same. Some basic items once the menu pops up, but good luck on making it faster than using the normal home screen.

The biggest piece missing IMHO, is the ability to customize. The only choices you have are to make the fonts bigger and to choose what gets shown on the home screen, that's it. There is a theme chooser and funny enough, you can flip the screens through those as the button don't work very well.

In summary, not very professional, definitely not worth the money. I also kept getting java errors. For a version 1.2 it's not very polished and has very little features. You're better off using the default home screen, it has more function than e-Mobile Today. As for the future, e-Mobile Today has potential and could be a great program, just is not there yet.

Dealing with the support team was decent enough. They are answering their emails fairly quick in most cases and are not hard to deal with on the subject matter.

If e-Mobile is reading these forums, I'd say that your are about $25 high on your pricing. $5 is about right for what you get and then it's only pretty, not very functional.
    01-10-09 02:00 PM
    just an fyi I was getting the java error as well during startups..Did a wipe and it eventually came back..I then noticed it had to do with the themes when forcing a restart, battery pull, etc. I changed the theme then went back and the error stopped.

The expansion packs are available in the crackberry store..

e-Mobile Today Weather Expansion Pack - Travel BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Last edited by hudss; 01-10-09 at 02:42 PM.
    01-10-09 02:38 PM
    I'd echo what everyone else said. I got the program for my 8800. Not very customizable. I also had problems in that the email program wouldn't really work. Click on "open" and it wouldn't open. Worked with tech support, had me download three different versions and still didn't work.
    However - at least on my model, don't know about Storm - you can assign "hot keys." Basically, numbers 0-9 to open other applications.
    I finally went back to Pocket Day personal - it's $10 cheaper, and includes weather and stocks, plus a lot more customizable
    01-10-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD