This may sound like a stupid question, but is there any way to have email shut off at a certain time. I recieve emails all hours of the night and would like a way to shut the email function off after say 8:00pm, but keep the phone working so i can still send and recieve calls. suggestions..........
    11-19-08 03:54 PM
    the easiest thing to do is to leave your phone on and silence your alerts by using a quiet profile and editing it to your specifications. you can have the phone alert on if you'd like and the email/sms/mms silent or any combination you choose!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

There is no easy way of shutting off the emails besides deleting the email account from the phone then adding it again in the morning. that would be a hassle!
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-19-08 at 04:01 PM.
    11-19-08 03:56 PM
    This may sound like a stupid question, but is there any way to have email shut off at a certain time. I recieve emails all hours of the night and would like a way to shut the email function off after say 8:00pm, but keep the phone working so i can still send and recieve calls. suggestions..........
    Your best bet is adjusting your profile or creating a custom one for "after hours". I have my work email set to "none" and no LED flashing, so it doesn't bother me when I'm not at work.
    11-19-08 04:00 PM
    good question. great solutions.
    11-19-08 04:06 PM
    It's called the On/Off button......

HH
    11-19-08 04:08 PM
    You can go into Wireless Connections, then go into to mobile network options and turn off Data Service, then make sure you turn it on when you want it on. A co-worker does that when he's in the office because he doesn't want emails while he's at his desk on his device. But he still wants to receive and make calls.
    11-19-08 04:11 PM
    You can go into Wireless Connections, then go into to mobile network options and turn off Data Service, then make sure you turn it on when you want it on. A co-worker does that when he's in the office because he doesn't want emails while he's at his desk on his device. But he still wants to receive and make calls.
    i never noticed this option before but it looks like it would work! nice.

when that option is enabled again all the emails will come in at once.

i think i prefer the silent profile option.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-19-08 at 04:35 PM.
    11-19-08 04:29 PM
    i never noticed this option before but it looks like it would work! nice.

when that option is enabled again all the emails will come in at once.

i think i prefer the silent profile option.
    I just leave it out of the holster and it doesn't vibrate when an email comes in. It does flash the red light, but I don't see it when i'm sleeping, and it eventually goes away. Other than that silent works well, as does my earlier post. Lots of ways to configure a Berry. Which one is right who knows, it's all up to the users preference.
    11-19-08 04:48 PM
    I Thought If You Set Profiles On Sound Just To Phone , It Wouls Stop Emails. Then All You Do Is Turn It Back When U Want Emails
    11-19-08 04:48 PM
    I Thought If You Set Profiles On Sound Just To Phone , It Wouls Stop Emails. Then All You Do Is Turn It Back When U Want Emails
    that just changes alert sounds to silent (or whatever you've adjusted that profile to be).
    11-19-08 04:54 PM

This is what I do. No alerts except for if someone calls. If you want no email then do what everyone else said. If you want all the beeps to stop for a specific time just set it to phone only. You will still get the mail, just no alerts to wake everyone up.
    11-19-08 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD