Hi everyone,

I have 9500 storm which i had few days ago. I was trying to set it up an Email account and I realised that there is no "Add New Account" option is in that settings. Its give me only one option which is settings for "Blackberry Enterprise Server" option.

Can anyone give me an advice regards to setting up new mail account such as hotmail, gmail ext..?

Thanks in Advance and much appreciated.

Ps: Device is on O2 network in United Kingdom
    05-21-09 07:49 PM
    Hi everyone,

I have 9500 storm which i had few days ago. I was trying to set it up an Email account and I realised that there is no "Add New Account" option is in that settings. Its give me only one option which is settings for "Blackberry Enterprise Server" option.

Can anyone give me an advice regards to setting up new mail account such as hotmail, gmail ext..?

Thanks in Advance and much appreciated.

Ps: Device is on O2 network in United Kingdom
    There should be a folder on your home screen named "Settings". In there should be an app named "Email Settings". That app will guide you through e-mail setup. I don't see why this would be different between 9500 and 9530 (me).
    05-22-09 02:52 AM
    Are you on a BB data plan?
    05-22-09 02:56 AM
    indeed, its exactly the same setting through in mine but as i said b4, there is NONE any option saying such as "Add new Mail Account or anything like that, u see. Freak me out. I m pretty much considering to reset the factory settings and all but hesitating to make it much more problem . I hope one of the member of this community can be able to provide proper help.

- Regards to the "SavioAMG", no mate, I m not on BB Data Plan what so ever....?

I feel stuck guys, helpppp.
    05-22-09 03:25 AM
    indeed, its exactly the same setting through in mine but as i said b4, there is NONE any option saying such as "Add new Mail Account or anything like that, u see. Freak me out. I m pretty much considering to reset the factory settings and all but hesitating to make it much more problem . I hope one of the member of this community can be able to provide proper help.

- Regards to the "SavioAMG", no mate, I m not on BB Data Plan what so ever....?

I feel stuck guys, helpppp.
    That's why you don't have the option to add a personal email account. You need to be on a BlackBerry Data Plan to have ANY email functions whatsoever.
    05-22-09 03:36 AM
    ooh i see, ok thx for that AMG. Now how am i gonna do that. Cos i already check the uk web site, after informed by your question, i couldnt be able to find anything. Cld u plz refer to me how am i gonna register that ? Cheers
    05-22-09 03:44 AM
    Call your carrier and ask them to switch you to the BB data plan for your Storm.

Check out this site. It has some more information on your carrier and their data plans for BB's.
    05-22-09 03:47 AM
    My Dear Friend, thx for your effort and help, its much appreciated. Kind Regards
    05-22-09 03:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD