So basicly, I have my Storm (.75 OS) checking four different e-mail accounts. GMail receives instantaneously on my phone, but when it checks Optimum Online (optonline.net) it has a delay from 1 - 2 hours! Anyone else experience this problem or know what to do? Anyone suggest an email carrier that is the quickest?
    03-25-09 10:42 AM
    if you had read the many other threads prior to creating this one you would know they all vary on when mail actually hits your phone and im sure you have heard of battery pulls and sending service books... god help me.
    03-25-09 11:02 AM
    Yeah thanks for your attitude. I attempted to do a search on this but didn't find anything.

DO US ALL A FAVOR...DON'T RESPOND TO POSTS ON HERE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR MAN-PERIOD.

There's no reason to be a miserable *****... god is this what the world's coming to?
    03-25-09 11:07 AM
    this can also becaused by the actual email accounts server and has nothing to do with your bberry.
    03-25-09 11:17 AM
    Yeah thanks for your attitude. I attempted to do a search on this but didn't find anything.

DO US ALL A FAVOR...DON'T RESPOND TO POSTS ON HERE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR MAN-PERIOD.

There's no reason to be a miserable *****... god is this what the world's coming to?
    yeah right nothing cleaver on to mind so you decide to bore me with this?? when the emails get to your account, read them then, like you have a multi million pound corp, that you need to get every email as it hits your inbox.
    03-25-09 11:41 AM
    I have the same problem with my work email, but not as bad. Usually it comes in 10-15 mins after I get it on my computer. I just figured it was how my company set up their email.
    03-25-09 12:00 PM
    I have a free yahoo email account and my storm alerts me when it gets a message VERY quickly.

In fact I just tested it, sending an email from my business/company email account.
    The alert hit me less than 30 seconds after I hit send, so that's purty darn fast.
    Last edited by motrv8d; 03-25-09 at 12:56 PM.
    03-25-09 12:54 PM
    Thank you to those who actually responded with helpful information. I'm going to give it a shot. GMail is working quickly.
    03-26-09 12:39 PM
    Medic, be sure the mail server is saving a copy of your incoming e-mails. Bore down into your e-mail app and look through tools, advanced, properties, etc. and find a place where you can check "Leave a copy of message on server" or something similar.

Any time you have a question, please feel free to post it here. We're all learning as we go.
    03-26-09 12:53 PM
    I just received an email from hotmail, that my hotmail account received on March 12th. Every other email i get is usually within 2 hours at max, why would this one be so delayed?
    04-01-09 02:59 AM
    I was having issues with receiving hotmail on my Storm for the longest time. I finally contacted Blackberry and uncovered that if you are logged into Live Messenger then your mail is severely delayed. Being that I use messenger for work, I'm always logged in. To fix the delay problem I have to completely log out of messenger. I emailed them to find out why this was happening, and this is what they said:

"When you are logged into MSN it automatically launches Windows Live Messenger. This program uses a proprietary communication protocol called MSNMSP. This protocol was invented and used by Microsoft. As a security measure Microsoft has limited access to their Mobile Live email servers to one connection only. When you are logged in and Windows Live Messenger is open, the MSNMSP protocol is activated and is accessing your email server. Our system is now unable to log in and locate your new messages because the only available connection is being used. In order for our system to re-gain access, Windows Live Messenger has to be logged out (or closed.) With that said, the issue isn't a Bug but rather a feature of Windows Live Messenger communication protocol (msnmsp). Unfortunately, there is no current work around or resolution to this feature. Any resolutions to this issue would have to addressed and fixed by Microsoft. We do apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this causes. However, it is necessary to use Microsoft's msnmsp "
    04-01-09 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD