What a great thread. Thanks for all of the help. So, don't tweak the settings from 480 x X?
    01-22-09 12:58 PM
    I started doing Batman The Dark Knight at 8 is and it is now 12:30 and it says eta-3:33 I really hope this works or there goes my whole night lol
    The first movie I ripped with this process was The Dark Knight. DVDFab and Handbrake took a total of maybe 1 hour. I can't remember exactly, but I posted the time in a previous response to this thread.

My machine is Windows XP SP3 running Core 2 Quad at 2.5 GHz.
    01-22-09 03:30 PM
    anything else to use other then handbrake....i cant get it to work properly!!!
    01-22-09 09:33 PM
    Hey, why wont the dark knight rip with DVD Decrypter. Anyone else with this problem?
    01-23-09 08:34 AM
    Hey, why wont the dark knight rip with DVD Decrypter. Anyone else with this problem?
    You'll need something newer; DVD Decrypter is antiquated, hasn't been updated in years, and won't handle the newer DVDs. Try DVDfab.
    01-23-09 07:15 PM
    I know this is off topic, but does anyone know of a free "easy" program I can use to convert a DIVX avi file to DVD? I used Adobe Premiere Elements and the sound came out with a layer of screeching on top. I really don't want to spend time figuring it out. I've done some searching and I'm a bit leary to download from some of these sites without knowing if they are legit.

TIA
    01-25-09 06:42 AM
    i tried alot and its a pain in the **s i wish they would make something. I was using wonderberry but it was going to cost 40 for the whole version
    01-25-09 08:39 AM
    When I press "start" on Handbrake, the command screen opens up and it begins to process 1 of 2. However, when 1 or 2 is complete, it doesn't automatically start process 2 of 2. Does anyone know if there is something special I need to do to get the second process to run (2 of 2)? Also, while process 1 or 2 is running, Handbrake closes by itself -- don't know if that means anything or not.
    01-25-09 02:36 PM
    I know this is off topic, but does anyone know of a free "easy" program I can use to convert a DIVX avi file to DVD? I used Adobe Premiere Elements and the sound came out with a layer of screeching on top. I really don't want to spend time figuring it out. I've done some searching and I'm a bit leary to download from some of these sites without knowing if they are legit.

TIA
    Handbrake should work, but there's also a tool called Super encoder. Super can convert pretty much anything. Check this thread out...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...n-howto-99653/
    01-26-09 08:40 AM
    Matt:
    Thanks for the great guide! You made this very easy for a BB NOOB.

A Couple of Questions/Observations:
    1. Widescreen DVD's are a pain. The Full Screens work like a dream. Good thing I like old movies!
    2. The process leaves huge files on my computer after its done. They are in the Video_TS files after HandBrake converts them the actual movie. For Bourne Identity, these files total over 5 gigs. Can I just delete them now that HandBrake is done?
    3. I converted an Absolutely Fabulous DVD which has six episodes on it, but I am having to "handbrake" each episode separately. The program will not allow me to convert the whole DVD. Is it always like this for Episode DVDs?

Thanks Again
    Rich
    01-26-09 06:47 PM
    What about the black bars? I know a lot has been asked. I ripped Iron man, ands it takes up maybe 60% of the screen. Thoughts?
    01-27-09 07:28 AM
    What's the average file size of a movie that's converted with Handbrake?
    01-27-09 08:40 AM
    What's the average file size of a movie that's converted with Handbrake?
    The first two that I have done are around 685,000 KB. Not sure if that helps you or even if that is good or bad.
    01-27-09 11:49 AM
    I see on your Hand Break that Storm is listed. Were you able to add that and if so how?
    01-27-09 11:56 AM
    As mentioned above, I love this.

But I am accumulating huge files on my computer after I'm done converting.
    They are the "Video_TS" files after HandBrake converts them the actual movie. For the Bourne Identity, these files totaled over 5 gigs. The total for three DVD's so far is over 15 gigs.

Can I just delete them now that the conversion is done? Should the program be doing this automatically?

Thanks, Rich
    01-27-09 12:46 PM
    As mentioned above, I love this.

But I am accumulating huge files on my computer after I'm done converting.
    They are the "Video_TS" files after HandBrake converts them the actual movie. For the Bourne Identity, these files totaled over 5 gigs. The total for three DVD's so far is over 15 gigs.

Can I just delete them now that the conversion is done? Should the program be doing this automatically?

Thanks, Rich
    Delete the video_ts and audio_ts folders. These folders contain the movie that you ripped from DVD. You don't need them after handbrake (or another encoder) is done.
    01-27-09 06:30 PM
    I see on your Hand Break that Storm is listed. Were you able to add that and if so how?
    Handbrake allows you to save your own settings (and label that setting as Storm). Or you can also download the XML settings from other people; I think a few are posted in this thread.
    01-27-09 06:31 PM
    When I press "start" on Handbrake, the command screen opens up and it begins to process 1 of 2. However, when 1 or 2 is complete, it doesn't automatically start process 2 of 2. Does anyone know if there is something special I need to do to get the second process to run (2 of 2)? Also, while process 1 or 2 is running, Handbrake closes by itself -- don't know if that means anything or not.
    Ive been having the same problem, it will complete 1 of 2 but the second part wont start???? no one seems to know why though? any other free programs we could use?
    01-27-09 08:27 PM
    Ive been having the same problem, it will complete 1 of 2 but the second part wont start???? no one seems to know why though? any other free programs we could use?
    What happened when you tried 1-pass (i.e. deselected 2-pass)?

Have you tried Super?
    01-27-09 08:32 PM
    What happened when you tried 1-pass (i.e. deselected 2-pass)?

Have you tried Super?
    i tried 1 pass but it doesnt play....Super?
    01-27-09 09:58 PM
    i tried 1 pass but it doesnt play....Super?
    Super: SUPER � .
    01-27-09 10:27 PM
    hi i am stuck at the moment I just want to know how easy it is to put movies on my storm im completley new to this and would realy be greatfull for your help
    kind regards
    MC
    01-28-09 08:58 AM
    Can anyone speak to the black bar issue?
    01-28-09 09:33 AM
    hi i am stuck at the moment I just want to know how easy it is to put movies on my storm im completley new to this and would realy be greatfull for your help
    kind regards
    MC
    Your question has been answered throughout this thread.
    01-28-09 09:37 AM
    Can anyone speak to the black bar issue?
    From what I can tell, you need to crop the movie when configuring the settings in Handbrake. Others have discussed this in this thread - hope you find your answer.
    01-28-09 09:39 AM
509 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD