So I did it once and under dim lighting and got dust specs all over under the screen so I took it off and tried the second one and got dust on half of the screen. Is there a way to remove this dust from the screen protector? I tried putting it under water but that doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions other than buy another one would be helpful. Thank you!
    02-02-10 02:37 PM
    So I did it once and under dim lighting and got dust specs all over under the screen so I took it off and tried the second one and got dust on half of the screen. Is there a way to remove this dust from the screen protector? I tried putting it under water but that doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions other than buy another one would be helpful. Thank you!
    Aren't you supposed to use soap and water :S?
    02-02-10 03:46 PM
    Use those little squares of microfiber that optometrists give away with new pairs of glasses for cleaning purposes. They clean the screen up shiny-new.

Bob
    02-02-10 04:47 PM
    The bathroom thing seems a bit to much for my liking. I install mine with soap and water and I've never had any issues with dust under the cover.
    Seeing you've already got dust on yours, run it under water and cover a free finger with a bit of dish soap and wipe the dust off. Once the dust comes off keep the screen protector wet and install. Just make sure not to get water under the S2 screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 06:24 PM
    After washing, keep it tacky (soft) side down.
    I never have issues. If it's a single speck, use Scotch tape (the invisible kind).
    Gently lift the protector edge and slide the tape under on the dust speck.
    02-02-10 07:27 PM
    I wouldn't use soap and water. I had the side corner of mine lift up when putting it in the tight original storm case and got dust under it. The scotch tape method and compressed air worked really well just like when it was originally put on not a spec of dust easiest one I have ever applied.

I got the crystal version is any one using the anti finger print one. Might have to order them up but I love the screens color but still get fingerprints..
    02-02-10 09:36 PM
    I got the crystal version is any one using the anti finger print one. Might have to order them up but I love the screens color but still get fingerprints..
    The Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint protectors are great. No fingerprints at all and greatly reduced glare, too. Slightly reduced screen clarity is the only downside. But, definitely worth it to me. No more screen wiping!
    02-04-10 04:13 PM
    Just use tape to take any debris and dust off the screen... I usually take some packaging tape and just take any dust and stuff off the screen protector if exposed. But I wouldn't use water it soap with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 04:23 PM
    I had never been able to keep airborne dust from getting under the screen protectors as I installed them. It occurred to me if I could put a fine mist of water in the air in a small room the water droplets might bind with the dust and carry it onto surfaces.

So, I go in a bathroom and run the shower with the vent fan on. After a while with the dust reduced, I clean the screen using the cloth pad included with the screen protector and canned air (Dust Off) to blow off any dust that may land on the screen.

It appears to work.
    What a process.

My Steinheil AF's just came in the mail 2 hours ago, easiest install of a screen protector yet. Very pleased.
    02-04-10 05:16 PM
    They are the worst ever! Look like **** on and bubbles wont go away...Total waste of money..Going back to my Zagg....
    03-21-10 09:08 AM
    thumbs up to Steinheil Customer service for replacing a defective protector for me
    06-17-10 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD