Check my thread out on what I did, solved my dust problem since I did this once I got my 2nd phone after my first original phone had tons of dust under the screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/my-...er-fix-159626/
    02-14-09 12:50 AM
    Mmmm for all u guys carrying in ur pockets, which by the way only accelerates the amt of dust accrued over a period of time, have you ever heard of SIDE POUCHES? lol. I guarantee owning one and a good screen protector will lessen the lint and crap that gets in your phone. And although I don't have a holster so I turn my phone screen down to at least keep the dust from falling in there at night. Also, for those concerned about losing numbers, that's what Desktop Manager is for!! Do a complete data back up and viola, when you get the replacement just hook er up to your comp and restore all your data. Simple as that.

BTW-I don't see any "visible" dust on my screen even on the white bg, and if I cant see it I'm not pressing the issue further. Sometimes it's better to not know lol. But overall, I'm still in love with it after about 2 months!
    03-08-09 01:32 PM
    I had no dust for almost 3 weeks, now it is just getting out of hand. I brought it in, one Telus rep basically told me to deal with it but I went back today with my brother in law and the guy told me to come back tomorrow with my storm, the box, and the receipt and he would replace it.

I am hoping to get a later model one. The new one I had was from December. I am within my 30 days so I get a brand new one.

I guess thats where I will be spending my lunch tomorrow
    03-08-09 02:57 PM
    yea my 5th phone i repeat my 5th phone has dust but its only in the top right corner when in portrait. Im tempted to call it in for a new one but scared that it will be worse for the 6th Storm and all the apps i have that are exclusive to my PIN son of a B!TC%
    03-09-09 10:57 PM
    Hey People! This is my first time using the forum.. and my first blackberry. I see you all mostly have the storm.. and I have the same problem with my Curve 8310.. I only had it for what... not even a month.. and there's dust particles.. it pisses me off. And I am planning on going back to AT&T and getting the Blackberry Bold ... But I am afraid that that will have the same problem as well.. does anyone know if the Bold has this problem?
    03-15-09 06:38 PM
    Hey People! This is my first time using the forum.. and my first blackberry. I see you all mostly have the storm.. and I have the same problem with my Curve 8310.. I only had it for what... not even a month.. and there's dust particles.. it pisses me off. And I am planning on going back to AT&T and getting the Blackberry Bold ... But I am afraid that that will have the same problem as well.. does anyone know if the Bold has this problem?
    Might ask the folks in the Bold forum? I haven't heard of it, but then this is the first time I've heard of a Curve with this issue.
    03-15-09 06:55 PM
    yea my 5th phone i repeat my 5th phone has dust but its only in the top right corner when in portrait. Im tempted to call it in for a new one but scared that it will be worse for the 6th Storm and all the apps i have that are exclusive to my PIN son of a B!TC%
    If you're really brave and good at caulking things it's not that hard to separate the glass from the digitizer. Then just remove the crappy seal they put in there, clean out the dust, and lay down a very, very small bead of caulking around the edge. I was thinking of trying it first on a broken LCD I have, but the reality is I know I'm very sloppy with caulking. I can't even caulk a bathtub without screwing it up. Anyway, I just opened one up and the seal they put in didn't even go all the way around. There was a small opening in the lower right corner (portrait mode).
    03-15-09 07:01 PM
    i've seen the pics of dust particles, but i'm curious what the screen looks like when the screens are separating due to heat. out of the blue, about 1/4 of my screen looks "mottled" on a white background - so in mail apps, for example, i see a mottled brighter white pattern on the display. yet, i don't see it on the screen when all apps are closed, or on a dark pic.

i hope this makes sense - anyone have an idea of what this is?

thanks,
    NIK
    04-12-09 03:28 PM
    Mmmm for all u guys carrying in ur pockets, which by the way only accelerates the amt of dust accrued over a period of time, have you ever heard of SIDE POUCHES? lol. I guarantee owning one and a good screen protector will lessen the lint and crap that gets in your phone. And although I don't have a holster so I turn my phone screen down to at least keep the dust from falling in there at night. Also, for those concerned about losing numbers, that's what Desktop Manager is for!! Do a complete data back up and viola, when you get the replacement just hook er up to your comp and restore all your data. Simple as that.

BTW-I don't see any "visible" dust on my screen even on the white bg, and if I cant see it I'm not pressing the issue further. Sometimes it's better to not know lol. But overall, I'm still in love with it after about 2 months!
    If you wear a "side pouch" you are probably also over 30 and still living with mommy!
    I've had my phone almost 4 months, will verizon still exchange it for the dust issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 04:53 PM
    If you wear a "side pouch" you are probably also over 30 and still living with mommy!
    I've had my phone almost 4 months, will verizon still exchange it for the dust issue?

Heheh now that is funny. Call Vzw and see. What would it hurt?
    04-12-09 04:57 PM
    I just received Storm #4 today. My 3rd held up for awhile, but starting getting a TON under the screen even though I started using the D-bag looking holster. I took the phone to the retail store after CS told me to **** off and that it wasn't covered under warranty, despite them already replacing it for the exact same reason a few times. The lady at the store was nice and noticed it right away. Got the FRU today, and it looks brand new with a great screen click and everything. I'm sure this one will have the same issue, and I'll eventually end up switching to a Curve or different device.
    05-06-09 12:51 PM
    Now as far as us that bought a Storm from someone else thats not Version. IS there a way to get the phone replaced for the dust under the screen? Will RIM change it? or only Verzion is doing this? will they exchange it for non version customer?
    05-13-09 03:02 PM
    have 2 large particles of dust under the screen. don't see why i should go out of my way to not keep the phone in a pocket or keep it in a sealed bag for the sake of keeping it dust free.

being that vzw will most likely not reimburse me the cost of applications that are not transferable to another device, it looks like i am stuck with this piece of ****. should have known better than to be an early adopter at launch.
    It is happening to me and I took great care to cover up my phone.
    I will get a replacement.....
    05-13-09 03:11 PM
    i've had mine since december. clicks fine, and was dust free. i recently started using the innocase II instead of the leather pocket case, and bam. now i have dust.....what to do what to do.
    05-13-09 03:41 PM
    i've had mine since december. clicks fine, and was dust free. i recently started using the innocase II instead of the leather pocket case, and bam. now i have dust.....what to do what to do.

Interesting thanks
    05-13-09 03:48 PM
    After seeing the dust that collected under my screen with my first storm I immediately bought the otterbox and then traded my storm in for a new one. Still no dust and I love the case, not I also feel that I shouldn't have to buy an aftermarket product to keep my phone in a usable condition. I feel the same way about orientation lock apps and etc. This phone is missing many features it should have com with out of the box. With al this said I still feel that it is a great phone and I love tampering with it. Sorry for any errors but I don't feel like reviewing what I typed.

05-14-09 07:49 PM
141 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD