do they lock it out when I report it lost/ or do they what a little while in case i find it?
    they lock it when you report it lost. I believe it's forever.
    02-07-09 09:26 AM
    Useless to stockpile them. Report it lost and the ESN is logged and rendered useless.

Unless you really like gorgeous paperweights that have clicking screens.
    Not really. Extra 8gb card, charger, data cable, battery, battery door, screen, top, bottom, frame, camera/head phone jack, and gut tray (black rubberish sides. The only part thats useless, is the actual brain. A small piece about 1.5 inches x 2 inches. and 1/4 inch thick. Everything inside of a Storm is connected via wiring harnesses, so if I keep a phone that has a dust issue (aka claim it "lost") and it has a barred esn, I can keep it for accessories and use it for parts.

Unless you wanna waste ins. claims, it's a good way to fix scratched parts. Swap em.
    02-07-09 09:45 AM
    they lock it when you report it lost. I believe it's forever.
    oh well in any case i'm getting a new one for free.
    just dont know what to do about it not backing up my current storm. I really only need my phone numbers. i would hate to have to transfer them over one by one that would take forever.
    02-07-09 10:02 AM
    oh well in any case i'm getting a new one for free.
    just dont know what to do about it not backing up my current storm. I really only need my phone numbers. i would hate to have to transfer them over one by one that would take forever.
    Google Sync it.

Google Sync to your gmail account and then install the same program on your new Storm and voila! It'll transfer over!
    02-07-09 03:29 PM
    Google Sync it.

Google Sync to your gmail account and then install the same program on your new Storm and voila! It'll transfer over!
    i dont have an account with gmail, but when i get one how do i google sync it?
    02-07-09 03:43 PM
    i dont have an account with gmail, but when i get one how do i google sync it?
    Sign up for a Gmail account. Then Google "Google Sync", there should be an option to send it to your phone as a text message. Download and install.

Then just sit back and wait. (It syncs automatically but you can also go to your Downloads Folder and force a sync)

Go to Gmail and check that the contacts have all been moved. If so, you can proceed to wipe your phone. Once the new phone arrives, install Google Sync the same way and wait. (Or again, you can force a sync). I believe that will carry your Gmail contacts into your cell phone.

And as an added bonus, you'll have a way to silently and intermittently back up your contacts at all times. Just go to Gmail to check!
    02-07-09 03:45 PM
    Sign up for a Gmail account. Then Google "Google Sync", there should be an option to send it to your phone as a text message. Download and install.

Then just sit back and wait. (It syncs automatically but you can also go to your Downloads Folder and force a sync)

Go to Gmail and check that the contacts have all been moved. If so, you can proceed to wipe your phone. Once the new phone arrives, install Google Sync the same way and wait. (Or again, you can force a sync). I believe that will carry your Gmail contacts into your cell phone.

And as an added bonus, you'll have a way to silently and intermittently back up your contacts at all times. Just go to Gmail to check!

sweet. i'll try that.
    02-07-09 04:24 PM

so if i wipe my phone i'll be able to download google sync and get my numbers back?

also if i wipe my phone what will that delete?
    02-07-09 05:11 PM
    so if i wipe my phone i'll be able to download google sync and get my numbers back?

also if i wipe my phone what will that delete?
    You should as Google Sync will transfer your contacts to Gmail.

I'm assuming wiping your phone will delete everything and restore it to the factory defaults. I'll admit I'm not clear on everything as I've never wiped my phone before.
    02-07-09 05:14 PM
    You should as Google Sync will transfer your contacts to Gmail.

I'm assuming wiping your phone will delete everything and restore it to the factory defaults. I'll admit I'm not clear on everything as I've never wiped my phone before.
    sorry if i'm not being real clear....but if i send them to gmail how do i get them back to my phone?

just wanna make sure i can before i wipe my phone.
    02-07-09 05:39 PM
    ok I pulled out my memory card, and wiped my phone. I did not include 3rd apps. I used google sync to upload my contacts and did a wipe. I moved google sync from my download icon and got all my numbers back. hellls yeah!
    02-07-09 05:49 PM
    just got mine yesterday.. but i dont think i have any dust issues yet..

however the clicking kinda sucks when its sideways on the side of the blackberrylogo.. wish that was better.. does anyone have that problem?

but whats the 1-800 number to get a replacement phone?
    02-07-09 06:19 PM
    just got mine yesterday.. but i dont think i have any dust issues yet..

however the clicking kinda sucks when its sideways on the side of the blackberrylogo.. wish that was better.. does anyone have that problem?

but whats the 1-800 number to get a replacement phone?
    02-07-09 06:20 PM
    haha okay... didnt know if it was a verizon number or a blackberry number...

like i said i just got mine yesterday so im a newb
    02-07-09 06:22 PM
    It doesnt seem that big of a deal to me. I haven't seen any dust and neither will I go looking for it either.
    Same here. Could be cause we keep our pockets cleaner.
    02-07-09 06:24 PM
    haha okay... didnt know if it was a verizon number or a blackberry number...

like i said i just got mine yesterday so im a newb
    its cool i wasnt making fun of you i had to have atleast ten 'words' to post, thats why all the smiley faces.
    02-07-09 06:38 PM
    I don't like the gap but i think that the slightly bigger the gap the less likely that dust wont get caught underneath the screen iv had mine since launch an still love it. but now that I look back I wonder if most of it was the screen they put on it when I took it out of the box it looked like it was pealing but I looked closer and its just one of those cheap screen protectors they put on it and I haven't noticed any odd looking since then... even though I had the click problem but I found on youtube that sticking a piece of paper behind the battery helped it click better and it HELPS ALOT
    02-08-09 07:11 PM
    I recently bought a Storm, however I am using it with T-Mobile thus I cannot return it if there is a dust issue.

The date it was made was 12/23/08, so before the cutoff.

I have no dust as of yet, but should I go ahead and take it apart and seal it?
    02-09-09 01:04 PM
    I would not tamper with it.

My Storm was made 12/2 and I've been dust free since I've owned it.
    02-09-09 01:14 PM
    I got a blade of grass lodged in the gap of mine, tried can of air to blow it out, but it managed to go deeper, now it's kind of tucked away somewhere barely visible. I'm going to leave alone for now.
    02-09-09 01:41 PM
    hope i dont need to worry about that
    02-09-09 01:52 PM
    I was able to dislodge some of it with a matchbook. It was a dried piece of grass, brownish about 1/2 inch long. it doesn't seem to be bothering anything. I guess i'll let the rest stay in there.
    02-09-09 03:55 PM
    Well I decided that since I cannot return this phone, I better take the chance to seal it before it is too late.

I followed the directions posted earlier and it took about 45 minutes. It was relatively easy, however it took some patience and persistence. I figure it was worth the time.

So far the phone looks the same, and it works just as well.
    Last edited by TheMerovingian; 02-09-09 at 07:22 PM.
    02-09-09 07:06 PM
    have 2 large particles of dust under the screen. don't see why i should go out of my way to not keep the phone in a pocket or keep it in a sealed bag for the sake of keeping it dust free.

being that vzw will most likely not reimburse me the cost of applications that are not transferable to another device, it looks like i am stuck with this piece of ****. should have known better than to be an early adopter at launch.
    02-09-09 09:53 PM
    son of a *****! i just changed my screen protector and my phone is LOADED with dust particles. i kept trying to clean them off at first, convinced they were crud, but nope, bright white dust specs all over the place.

this phone sucks.
    02-14-09 12:46 AM
141 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD