I have what I think is dust under my screen but I'm afraid its a scratch or something... How can u tell the difference?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 11:23 AM
    thats kinda a hard question to answer unless you physically have the phone in front of you. I have dust underneath my screen and im gonna try to get a replacement one.
    03-04-09 03:43 PM
    You can just take the lens off too, but thats a lot of work.
    03-04-09 05:03 PM
    I would take it to a verizon store and have them look at it.

03-04-09 05:23 PM
    I would take it to a verizon store and have them look at it.

I took my phone in to VZW on Friday and had to explain WHY there would be dust in my phone. The rep reluctantly issued me a refurb which is waiting at home right now. All i gotta say is if your not stern, they will try to "fix" it by spraying air in a can and cause it to get worse. Just explain that this is a hardware defect which dust can get through the gaps between the screen and the body. I dont know about all you guys but mine was ridiculous on how big the gaps were and how much play there was when the screen moved.
    03-04-09 05:42 PM
    its most likely dust. ive got a crapload under mine. ive got a verizon insurance plan and ive been told by many ou can get a replacement.

im intrested in how to go about taking the screen off though...is this really possible?
    03-04-09 05:43 PM
    its most likely dust. ive got a crapload under mine. ive got a verizon insurance plan and ive been told by many ou can get a replacement.

im intrested in how to go about taking the screen off though...is this really possible?
    There is a thread about it, but I would just just have them send you a new phone. why go through all the hassle of taking the lens off and risking the chance of breaking it. I would go with the safer option.
    03-04-09 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD