Finally decided to do it.Watched a few vids on you tube and wahlah!!!! Easy money,the guitar pic one works easy as pie.the funny thing is I actually had 2 screen protectors on the damn thing,the factory one and the after market one I put on,took both off and clean as a babies bottom!!! YES!Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who was thinking about doing this but was stuck on the fence.Do it,you be very happy you did.
    06-02-09 12:28 PM
    Finally decided to do it.Watched a few vids on you tube and wahlah!!!! Easy money,the guitar pic one works easy as pie.the funny thing is I actually had 2 screen protectors on the damn thing,the factory one and the after market one I put on,took both off and clean as a babies bottom!!! YES!Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who was thinking about doing this but was stuck on the fence.Do it,you be very happy you did.
    I can't access youtube at work, so my question is:

Does this fix existing dust under the screen or prevent new dust from getting under the screen?????

It also might be helpful for others to copy a link to the video that worked best for you....

Thanks!!
    06-02-09 12:54 PM
    I can't access youtube at work, so my question is:

Does this fix existing dust under the screen or prevent new dust from getting under the screen?????

It also might be helpful for others to copy a link to the video that worked best for you....

Thanks!!
    Download the youtube app to your storm.
    06-02-09 12:57 PM
    here is the link..............

It will help get out the dust but not prevent more from building up.I saw a video of how a guy took some laminate paper and cut it to fit the storm and popped on a protector on the storm and it actually prevented dust from getting back under the screen but I have searched like **** for it and can't find it! Damn!
    06-02-09 01:15 PM
    i just dont know if this is a good idea, it seems that if you remove the glass cover, itll break whatever seal exists and cause even more dust to build up in the future...
    06-02-09 01:19 PM
    Interesting. how well does the glass stick to the LCD after this is done?
    06-02-09 01:23 PM
    LOL@ the storm. I hope the next bb i buy I have to do all these fixes and stuff to get it to work somewhat like a normal phone should.. Thanks for the info though
    06-02-09 01:26 PM
    Sucks that I had to do it but it worked.Afterwards, I just pressed on the screen and it stuck back as if it was never removed in the first place.It might be true about more dust getting back under but I'll just have to wait and see.
    06-02-09 01:31 PM
    you get any dust on the adhesive strip that you had to clean off with the alcohol stuff he mentions? my concern is the resealing of it; he said in the comments he is going on a month with no issues so i imagine the resealing is good enough then.
    06-02-09 02:39 PM
    here is an idea I will through out there, I bought a privacy screen that was suppose to be for the IPHONE, it was a lot thicker than the protectors for the actual storm. Not only have I got no dust under the screen with this protectore but it's also mirrored so no one can see what I am typing. Lot's of nosey people!
    06-02-09 03:01 PM
    here is an idea I will through out there, I bought a privacy screen that was suppose to be for the IPHONE, it was a lot thicker than the protectors for the actual storm. Not only have I got no dust under the screen with this protectore but it's also mirrored so no one can see what I am typing. Lot's of nosey people!
    yOU GOT LINK TO PRODUCT?
    06-02-09 03:21 PM
    LOL@ the storm. I hope the next bb i buy I have to do all these fixes and stuff to get it to work somewhat like a normal phone should.. Thanks for the info though
    Troll... Stop lurking and go back to your iPhone. We faithful Stormies will be rewarded for our devotion
    06-02-09 04:27 PM
    I have a psp screen cover and had an idea.....I placed it over my screen on my Storm and then placed my hard snap-on case over the storm and it should stop all dust from getting under the screen......fingers crossed....I'll be back and let others know about the dust after a few days.Wish me luck,the screen is still very responsive.I think this is gonna work!!
    06-02-09 05:50 PM
    I was just about to drop $100 on a new screen when I saw this topic. I found that the case prying tools work the best for this particular fix. Dust is gone and the seal appears to re-adhered pretty well. One word of cution, if you do this, take care by making sure the adhesive strip stays stuck on the bottom screen. Part of my strip began to peel away from both screens and was close to ripping. Fortunately I have the dexterity of a neurosurgeon and was able to place everything back in its place without damaging the adhesive strip. I also might not have attempted this if my NE2 wasn't already in full effect.
    06-02-09 06:46 PM
    I read all of these posts and it makes me wonder....

There are all of these 'fixes' for preventing dust from getting under the screen. Most of said fixes mention a screen protector?? So my question is this:
    How will a screen protector, of any kind/size/material help dust that gets into the phone from AROUND the touchscreen (the part the screen protector does NOT cover. I could see... MAYBE... if the screen protector was oversized and hung over the edges of the screen, that MAYBE the adhesive on the screen protector would catch some loose debris before it goes past the seal under the screen. Still seems like a stretch to me though.
    Now, what I HAVE seen though is the screen click fix (putting material behind the batt door to wedge more pressure into the touchscreen, resulting in a better click feel/response). This fix inadvertantly puts more strain against the seal under the screen as well, resulting in less/no dust.

PS, been a long day, sorry if it seems like I am ranting =)
    06-02-09 11:02 PM
    Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by AntiDrew; 06-02-09 at 11:27 PM.
    06-02-09 11:18 PM
    i understand what you are saying,but the screen protector that I used was for a PSP and it does hang over,ever so slightly around the screen and I hope this works.I'll be back with more info as the days go by to see if this does indeed work.This was intended for the previous post.Should of quoted,my bad......lol
    06-03-09 01:28 AM
    I too did this and can verify it WORKS! Just be patient and take your time.
    06-03-09 04:59 AM
    here is the link..............

It will help get out the dust but not prevent more from building up.I saw a video of how a guy took some laminate paper and cut it to fit the storm and popped on a protector on the storm and it actually prevented dust from getting back under the screen but I have searched like **** for it and can't find it! Damn!
    nice vid man thanks for sharing it
    06-03-09 06:54 AM
    just take it back to Verizon and say.... dust is getting in the way of my messages and calendar and i cant take it anymore....i want to invoke my warranty

you'll have a brand new storm in less than 20 minutes....
    06-03-09 07:45 AM
    just take it back to Verizon and say.... dust is getting in the way of my messages and calendar and i cant take it anymore....i want to invoke my warranty

unfortunately for some of us who have a Storm second-hand that is not an option.
    06-03-09 07:58 AM
    unfortunately for some of us who have a Storm second-hand that is not an option.
    i bought my storm used second-hand....when my screen went out last week i took it to the vzw store and they replaced it no questions asked...
    06-03-09 10:04 AM
    i bought my storm used second-hand....when my screen went out last week i took it to the vzw store and they replaced it no questions asked...
    get out.. i was told user-replaced equipment (meaning second-hand like purchased from eBay) would not be eligible for warranty replacing due to the warranty being tied to the original purchaser of the phone and not the phone itself. the best i was offered was to pay a $50 fee for a refurbed unit since the phone was indeed under 1 year old but in my case the warranty not being valid.
    Last edited by brianj320; 06-03-09 at 10:11 AM.
    06-03-09 10:08 AM

Problem with that is,I trade it in for a new one and get another one with possibly new,more problems.My Storm is great in every other way,no other issues that I can speak of,fingers crossed! I have had mine since Dec 5th and love it!!! Now with the screen good to go and the new update,this phone is a beast!!!!
    06-03-09 10:53 AM
    nice vid man thanks for sharing it
    no problem.I'm glad as **** I tried it and it worked !!!
    06-03-09 11:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD